Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I only have Old Man Han and Vet Chewie at 3* and I'm not unlocking their nodes anytime soon, and I build them up to make them useful?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I was able to clear BB8 completely, I just had to improve both Kylo Rens and I was able to get through it fine. Which meant I could clear the first JTR node. Without unlocking the Vet nodes though I won't be able to progress.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Mace Windu certainly needs to be better.

And nice, after struggling through the last few Cantina nodes, I managed to 3* both Vet nodes. So I'll certainly have Han and Chewie ready for when JTR comes back in 6 months.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
How are you supposed to beat the last rebel training mission? You can't change your team, and Thrawn or the Emperor just one shots everyone. You can't target them because the ST are always tanking.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

CaptainPsyko posted:

Stop using R2’s specials and just stun everyone.

So just zap everyone? Awesome. I'll give that a try.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I was able to keep characters stunned but my team still gets taken apart, and they don't seem to do nearly enough damage to get though the armor the enemies have.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Baron von der Loon posted:

Pretty happy to read that I'm not the only having similar issues with that mission.

Yea but I'm pretty crummy at this game.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

No Reven though.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

thrawn527 posted:

Yeah, his absence is starting to feel pretty conspicuous at this point.

Yea I'd say on he and Malak are the real glaring omissions. I don't think anyones clamoring for Zalbraak, Mission or Carth.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I didn't see the article said Mission was coming, cool! Bastila and Jolee update live now. I'm glad they kept her double bladed lightsaber. Looks like Nest is now available in Chromium backs...yay.

Man, just having store being an option when you want to level up gear is really great. There's way more options to get a lot of stuff so that makes it way easier to do rather than just hunting around everywhere.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Did they say we're getting the Ebon Hawk?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Defiance Industries posted:

Well yeah why would the KotOR1 characters be able to beat Traya? Her entire thing is that Revan and his team were a bunch of dumbdumbs who didn't actually accomplish anything.

The Jedi Exile, on the other hand, will have the ability to make any enemy Trayas switch sides at the beginning of battle.

Until Reven stabs her in the back and joins the Sith Emperor because that stupid book was about setting up Biowares MMO rather than giving a satisfying ending for one of the most popular EU characters.

I really hate the Arena, i never bother to try because 90% of the time my choices are 2 teams that are fully zeta'd and yellow gear leveled, or a team with 30k more power than my best team.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Just so I don't waste time, from the Bastila and Jolee events, you can only get friendship points and not shards or mods from doing them more than once?

Maybe i should try TOR again, I got to the Sith Throneworld on my Bounty Hunter and Sith characters and the game just ground to a halt.

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Jul 13, 2018

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

do you even get friendship points? I know you definitely dont get the shards or mods again

Yea i cleared out the top battles for them and they both just gave me 20 friendship points per battle.

So, I'm trying to prep for the next CLS event, i'm at the battle with just Luke and Han. I have STH at GLX, and working on Luke for that, but I'm not sure who i'll also need to improve.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Defiance Industries posted:

That's definitely the tough one. You're gonna want your Farmboy Luke to be very fast to get through it.

Yea i replaced all his mods with ones that have +speed on it.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
My problem with TW is that it gets to a point where I can actually do anything when I'm asleep or at work so I can't really do anything. My best team, made purely of my top characters tops out at 70k power, and my most effective team is 67k. Everyone seems to front load their TW defenses with 80+, so I go in and get wiped out before my team can do anything, and its basically pointless. Last TW we had though I managed to catch it at the tail end and get 4 victories in.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I managed to Unlock Chimera, so now I guess I'll start leveling Thrawn even though he's only 5*.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Nice, I always figured like other games, characters weren't worth bothering with unless they were maxed out *'s at the least.

And I realized I should put some more effort into leveling up my Phoenix team, as I just noticed I got most of them to GL7 and just forgot about them. Mostly because they all needed 20 widgets in all their gear slots, but after joining a guild I've been getting way more stuff.

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Jul 23, 2018

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

fishtobaskets posted:

Your shiny new thrawn's ebb & flow isnt a bad choice. R2 number crunch also good & versatile. Who is your arena team?

I'm using Palp, Vader, Nihilus, Tarkin and Sidious. Palp and Vader have Zetas already, though I borked vader and put it on his leader rather than his unique.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

fishtobaskets posted:

Wound in the force

Is that Strength of the Void or Lord of Hunger?

Are there any good LSers to Zeta? I have Hobo Rey, Farmboy Luke, STH and Finn that are in position to take a Zeta.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Finn is an amazing zeta if you have a decent resistance team built up (Poe, Res Trooper, Res Pilot)

Scav Rey is an ok zeta but usually only if you already have RJT and her zetas

Dont zeta Farmboy Luke or STH

That's kind of my problem, my LS teams are poo poo. My top 5 LS is Hera, Lando, Hobo Rey, FB Luke, Luminara, ST Han and K2S0.

I'll probably just dump it on Rey just so I can have someone other than Hera zeta'd on the LS.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

People you should zeta before Rey (no particular order), looking at your collection:
KRU, Nihilus, kylo, GMYoda, bb8, R2, phasma, Finn, DM, Daka, RAID HAN (if you dont have your 7* Solo zetad do so immediately), veers, asajj

I forgot about Raid Han, I've been focusing on stuff for JTR and CLS, so i've been ignoring basically everyone else.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Its kinda hilarious how the game is avoiding giving me the mats to upgrade Raid Hans zeta ability. i've gotten 4 more zetas since I hit 20 and I still can't upgrade it. I can't upgrade anyone elses but still.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I was doing well against NS teams, but then suddenly Old Dakka instantly comes back to life after killing her now. Oh boy.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Warmachine posted:

You had me thinking for a moment that they randomly changed something about Daka. NS have 3 resurrection mechanics outside of Zombie's unique. The first is Daka's heal, which is a guaranteed res of a Nightsister with a 35% (70% for NS) to raise any other dead ally. The second is Talzin's swarm attack. If it kills someone, all NS allies are revived and heal 100% health. The third is zTalzin's leader, which is like a mini-swarm calling a dead NS to assist on a basic attack, and if an enemy dies, the assist revives with 50% health.

The entire comp revolves around not staying dead and it's loving glorious.

NO one was dead, so it must have been the leader ability. Also I've fought against taunting enemies that never lose the taunt, and then that taunting character has some rez or heavy heal mechanic on it. I had my ner 80K Sith/Empire team was beaten by a 50k Phoenix that had a Chopper that never stopped taunting and of course always had backup plan on it. The amount of taunts in this game is super annoying.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I complain about being beat by a roughly equivalent power NS team but then I auto battle a Jedi team that was 100k power and I absolutely destroy them. PVP is a joke.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Yea, unless there is a team I think I can actually beat, like a unzeta'd team or whatnot, I just choose the strongest and autobattle, because Its faster than trying to fight a losing battle.

So I have been able to 3* both the Sion and Blaze nodes, but I'm still stuck at 1* for the shore and krennick nodes. That's okay, because those are the two characters I want to farm.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

What team are you using? IMO get your wiggs up, then use wedge lead, biggs, zolo, r2 and your storm han should be able to beat it easy. Also stop gearing your vet han its a waste

My rebel team right now is Lando, Raid Han, Farmboy Luke, ST Han and R2. I am sure there is a better leader for that team, but Lando is my best choice right now.

I love meeting upbeatable teams; Nihilus, R2, Baze, 5s and Chirrut. Just absolutly obiliterates whatever I take and they all get healed massively and constantly. Like 20k multiple times and one shots everyone, not to mention they chain attacks with everything they do.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
The only reason that FB Luke is so high is that I need him to be good to unlock CLS.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

farmboy luke is never useful in any other situation, whereas leia has some utility in certain raids, and r2 is excellent in many teams, so dont focus luke so much imo

the only hard phase of the CLS event uses leia, r2, storm han, and fb luke, and of those r2 is by far the most useful, leia is ok, storm han is eh, and FB luke is garbage tier

Really because the stage i got stuck at for CLS required FB Luke and STHan.

And I have been leveling biggs and wedge.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

SgtMongoose posted:

Get Wedge and Biggs. Use Wedge as your leader and you will profit. Remove FBLuke and STHan, they are worthless against Wiggs, Lando, R2, and Han.

That was pretty much my plan. I've added a maxed out mods on both of them now which improved them, but their GL is still pretty low.

The mod changes all sound great, especially taking mod challenges off of cantina energy

That is great news.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I used my latest zeta on R2's number cruncher ability. Is it worth slapping Zetas on both abilities when a character has 2 abilities that can be zeta'd? Like I should put one on Vaders unique, as I hosed that up and put it on his leader. I think next Zeta will go on Nihilus though.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

CaptainPsyko posted:

Disagree slightly - if you’re using DN under Palp lead, regardless of the full lineup, you want that zeta.

Of course if you’re using DN under palp lead and aren’t working on Sion to go with him, well, LMAO at you, what are you even doing anyway.

My Arena/GW team right now is Palp, Vader, DN, Tarkin and Sidious. I'm working on getting Sion now that I've 3*'d his node, but that s along, long way off, but he'll be replacing Sidious. I didn't know Gear effect ship battles that much, i'll probably put my next zeta on Vader then to complete him.

I want a good backup team that will be rebels. I am going to have to put effort into Resistance characters if I want JTR and into Phoenix again to max out Thrawn though.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
What is a good leader for a Rebel team? I noticed Wedge has one, but I have a feeling it might be Hoth leia? Right now I'm using Lando because he's got one and the strongest of those that have it.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Wedge is a great leadership ability and the wiggs combo is a cornerstone of an early rebel team, And if you have an ally with a good CLS the combo of both leaderships is amazing for 3*ing nodes. As a dozen of us itt have said get your wiggs up!

I just tried this on the Shoretrooper node and did the best i'd done yet. I still lost Biggs because of those stupid Cartel Thugs and their brutal attacks (seriously, why does some generic enemy have such a strong attack all ability?). It looks like I'll just have to bring up their GL some more.

It did enable me to 3* the Krennick node though which is good.

Mr. Neutron posted:

Jyn works too.

She's way harder to get shards of.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I've prioritized cantina characters over mods, so mine sucked for ages, but then they started giving out mods with character events so I was able to build up a decent collection of 4 dot ones.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Jesus, Wedge Leader, Biggs, Raid Han, Lando and r2 are almost as deadly as my empire/sith team. Once I upgraded Wedge's leader skill to max and got him a another GL he really came into his own.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Moral_Hazard posted:

Swipe right for the Bronzium card is really annoying. I have mindlessly bought Bronziums with friendship bux while listening to audible, but there's no way I'm getting anywhere near my ~100k balance.

Yup, I have literally laid in my bed listening to like talking simpsons or something just tapping on the buy button, but even after like an hour i barely make a dent. Either they need to add more things to use them for, or at least let you buy multiples at a time.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
New KOTOR could be Canderous or Carth.

Is Young Han worth putting effort into? I maxed out Dengar shards from the guild store, and noticed Baby Han was there now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I just wish nest was farmsble. I've seen her in PvP obliterate my entire team solo.