Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Actually we'll probably need Holdo and Rose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Some stuff showing Hux and the Sith Trooper
https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.sta...--aiI4PTjnfyBR8

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Once i've gotten the Sith Revan team ready to go, Ewoks is what i'm going to focus on. Though I'd really like Malak or General Anakin as well.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Chilichimp posted:

You need 3PO to unlock GAS.

Oh that's right, well, its just reaffirms my goal of leveling Ewoks up.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I finally got Candorus to 7*, so i need another Cantina to farm. I'm debating between Emilia Clarke and the Robot from Solo. Unless there is some amazing character only found in the Cantina I should farm. Please note I have the FO Executioner maxed out.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

MichiganCubbie posted:

Ineptitude is dead right about GBA. He's your best bet.

Also, come back to Discord! QGJ is revitalized and we want as many people communicating as possible.

Oh sure! It was just so quiet in there I just kind of forgot to check in.

I dont have any other geonosisns at a decent level so I don't know if gbs is a good use of my time.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
What kind of GL do you need to beat the later Darth Revan nodes? The Sith Marauders in I think the 3rd last wreck my team, instakilling everyone with their saber throws, and they always open with that.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Jesus In A Can posted:

I got everyone up to GL10 with zetas before I made my way past that level.

I have everyone zeta'd, so yea working on the GL seems to be the only path forward. This is annoying as I've been trying to get Kylon Ren up so he can get an artifact so I can start on the Supreme Leader Kylo Ren thing.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Jesus In A Can posted:

Also speed mods. I stole some speed mods from my fastest (JKR) team specifically for the unlocking.

Shoulda mentioned that.

that was the first thing I did when I had trouble. So mods are good, its just GL.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
So I got Unmasked Kylo Ren to Red gear level and then find out there are a dozen super long and grindy task left to unlock the Supreme Leader Kylo Ren event.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Holy poo poo. And I've faced him a few times in PVP matches too, so there are some serious whales out there.

And yea I think i'll keep focusing on getting Darth Revan and improving my Jedi Revan PVP team. Its Revan, Bastilla, Jolee Bindu, Hermit Yoda and Grand Master Yoda. I found my Sith/Empire Team of Palp, Vader, Thrawn, Sion and Nihlus was still doing okay, but it felt too old compared to what I was facing.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Since when have Vet Han and Chewie been Resistance Keyworded? They also made my team insane, I was able to nearly beat the Rancor with just them. I was afraid to knock off the last 30% with another team, but holy poo poo was that surprising.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I can get to the final battle easily in the Darth Revan node i'm on, but the droid boss keeps going into one of those states were it just keeps attacking until my entire team is dead. There's nothing I can do, so i must be doing something wrong, but I cannot target it until the turrets are destroyed.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
The problem i keep having in that part is that even with just one spiderdroid left, the boss droid still regens more armor than I can knock off. I can absolutely destroy the other 3 nodes but my damage seems to drop by a factor of 10 going into that last part.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

kirtar posted:

Tier 5 is the one with the droid at the end.

Yea, and everyones GL11 except Canderus who's GL10, everyone has their zetas and i've maxed out nearly all their mods. Carth is the leader because he's the only one with a leader ability.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Alright! Darth Revan Acquired. He'll replace someone on my Sith team, either demoting Palpatine from leader or replacing Thrawn.

Thank god I will never have to do those frustrating missions again.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Well, yea there's going to be new frustrating missions. There's always more and it's always worse.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I still every once and a while come up against Nightsister teams that have zombies that never lose their taunt so you cannot defeat them without attack all abilities.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
My current strongest team is Darth Revan, Darth Vader, Palpatine, Darth Sion and Fallen Bastilla. My second is JK Revan, Bastilla, Jolee Bindu, Hermit Yoda and GM Yoda.

My biggest issue is fleet battles just seem so incredibly hard. Like My ships do barely any damage and the opponents even if they're the exact same ship that's at a lower level does much, much more damage than I do. Also the AI fleets get faster reenforcements than I do. I used to do fine with ships when you started with 5 ships, but when they moved it to 3 starting I just get destroyed. There's so much stuff locked in the hard fleet battles that I really could use, mostly Shaak-Ti shards.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Chilichimp posted:

You need to gear up your pilots and put 5dot mods on them to maximize ship power. This is how you improve your speed.

Relics take it even further.

Of course if you're trying to beat negotiator with imperials/sith, that's an up hill battle no matter what.

Yea, that's what I have done for most of my ships i've used. But they still get torn apart by the enemies. Like you can straight up see TIE Silencer do like 5k damage and then get hit by an enemy who does 20k. And this is against teams with much lower power than I do, like when a 150k fleet absolutely wipes the floor with my 300+ fleet I feel like there is some aspect of space battles that I'm missing. Or just a lot of people are cheating.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

CaptainPsyko posted:

What fleet are you using? What fleets are you going up against?

Do remember that overall fleet power is especially misleading as it can reflect the power of reinforcements and number of pilots which don’t actually have much to do directly with success, and, in the case of third and fourth reinforcements that restealth get called, are often just pure GP inflation.

You can see my lineup here
https://swgoh.gg/p/958318655/

But that seems to be the fundamental mechanic i'm missing, power not being a good indicator of your fleet.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Yea I've been buying Negotiator shards when i can.

I'll switch out EH for HT, and I've been trying to do the other stuff (though I've been working on Rey's Falcon currently), but ships are so incedibly show in comparison to characters, which is already slow as hell.

And i'm more interested in beating PVE fleet battles than the PVP. I know i'll never get high in that because I will never whale.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I saw that the Razorcrest is coming soon.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

CaptainPsyko posted:

It's live now; it's a reward from the new Conquest mode. There's shards in the event loot box and also, you can use the currency from the event to buy shards in the new store (if they ever show up :mad:)

Oh boy another new store.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

CaptainPsyko posted:

And a new currency! And a new energy!

The actual battles aren't too bad, just more and more different things to keep track of.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Oh I love how the only teams i have that are effective at all are going to be completely nerfed. yay.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
So when they say gear is going to be easier to get, does that mean that it won't take 3 months to get 50 bits and it will only take 2 months and 3 weeks to do it or actually something better?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Darth Talon is around the middle of Star Wars Legacy character I expected. Though I didn't expect anything from that comic series to make it into the game. I do love her final mission requires her and Kylie Katarn be 5*, characters that are both less than a month old.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
If they're adding more Legends characters, i really want to see Jaina Solo. Not Jacen, that loving pretentious gently caress. God I hated him the first time I saw him in the books.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

thrawn527 posted:

Yeah, I’m hoping whales go nuts on these guys so we get more fun legends characters in the future.

As I mentioned in the discord, I’m probably gonna do what I never do and whale on Mara, if it is indeed her and they didn’t really screw her up.

Yea i have about 10k crystals saved (I had 20k but i ended up blowing them trying to get some character shards. Honestly, waste of time, probably would have gotten more shards buying packs), and i might roll the dice on some of her packs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
My biggest issue is gearing people. So many mats to get people to the high gear levels are only found in Raids, TB and TW and those only happen so often so you have to wait a month to get 50 widgets to upgrade a single piece of gear.

Or GL needed maxed out star level of characters are not farmable or available from a store.