Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook
Figured as much. It's such a waste of 3-4 detonators, and there's not much else the Engi can do. Maybe they should make it so the second detonator should trigger the first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

MoraleHazard posted:

Are you running HK (L), 86, 88, Poggle, Engineer for your Arena team?

Yeah it's a crazy fun team, I use them everywhere. Once I omega HK and 86 they'll be unstoppable - my record is #7 in the arena so far. They're fragile but holy poo poo they hit like a tidal wave.

My next team will be Just Jawas :)

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Hurry up and get to the spaceships godammit.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Don't let them sucker you! I spent time and credits leveling some random nightsister for the girls only event and it so wasn't worth it.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

WerrWaaa posted:

Let me chat with you all about my plans to expand my roster into the future, and solicit some feedback from everyone. My SWGoH profile is at: https://swgoh.gg/u/werrwaaa/collection/

Arena Shipments: I have Sid at 6* and STHan at 7*, currently farming Leia. This is the toughest decision because there are so many characters in here that I want. I think I will aim for the two droids because I want a droid team.

Please go droids because this game needs some variety, rather than another team of Ray, RG, Phasma, STHan, Sid, QGJ or Geo Soldier. I know it's the devs fault but I wish people would try something different rather than min maxing. Seriously the top 25 of my arena are all pretty much the same team.

And also gently caress the devs for adding Dengar to the guild store, now Jawa Engi shows up even less than he did before. I have enough credits to upgrade him to 7* but he's never available!

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Mr. Neutron posted:

[timg]http://i.imgur.com/73dwqOR.jpg][/timg]

From the land of ~gently caress Meta~ I greet thee.

Nice! The only team that stands out in my arena shard has Bariss, Kid Fister, Aayla, Fives and Rex. I think the only reason they've made the top 30 is that they're so geared up. I'm starting to drop down because I can't be hosed grinding anyone to gear 9.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

I'd like to challenge someone to solo a whole raid with 1 team/attempt. Are you a bad enough dude?

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Looks like I picked a good time to quit! Who am I kidding I can't quit :(

Seriously though I might stick around just to watch this slow motion car crash. I picked up Pillars of Eternity and it's so refreshing to have an actual game to play.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Oh poo poo more Jawas! Gotta catch em all...

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

xyigx posted:

have it so certain types of toons can only use certain types of mods.

How could they possibly do this retroactively? Just strip everyone's mods and start over?

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

loving finally got Jawa Engi to 7* man when they added Dengar to the guild store they really screwed me.

Also just unlocked Jawa Scavenger. Interesting that he has an ability which triggers all detonators...

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Dr. Venture posted:

QGJ has gone from 26 active people to 32. That's an improvement, but we could still use more.

Add 912-827-926 if you want an invite.

Ok if GGA is dead I'll jump

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Malgrin posted:

e: Jawas are starting to look really strong. Normal Jawa still looks pretty weak, but both Dathcha's and Nebit's leaderships work for droids or Jawas on your team. There are only a couple abilities that work better with 5 Jawas...

Thanks for this effortpost I'm planning to work on my Jawas next. It's a pity they're only really useful against droids.

I have Jawa Engi and Datcha at 7* and recently unlocked the new guys. Really annoying that Jawa Scavenger is only 2* so I can't use him in the mod challenge just yet.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Haha yes I just swapped out Poggle for Chief Nebit Jawa Legend and it's beautiful. Seriously my droid team looks much better without grandpa flying lizard rat and his stick of doom.

Nebit's gangbang move is hilarious, especially when the IG brothers tagteam in.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

MoraleHazard posted:

Hey, thanks for this suggestion. My team is a droid team; HK(L), 88, 86, Poggle, and Engineer. Would love to switch out Poggle as he's pretty useless.

I used that same team for a long time, but once I got Nebit to 5* I subbed him in. His taunt is awesome for GW cause it reduces everyone's cooldowns - I use it near the end of one fight so everything is off cooldown for the next node.

Just got him to 6* but 7* is gonna be a grind. Not as bad as Jawa Scavenger though :(

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Not sure if it's just me, but the Facebook connect thing that gives 200 crystals is now working. It never worked for me before now. See they are great developers!

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

xyigx posted:

Also jawas are kinda bonkers and I really want to try them in arena.

I swapped in my Jawa team for 1 fight in the arena against a droid team of HK, 88, 86, 100 and B2. I got my rear end kicked pretty badly, even though all my jawas are level 80, mostly 7* and gear 8. So not super impressive. The stuns and other debuffs just didn't seem to trigger, maybe I was unlucky.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

oops wrong forum posted:

Damage is a little light overall with the team but I don't have Jawa and Nebit fully geared yet, and didn't even bother using Scavenger since he still has a ways to go to be useful. Not saying at all that a fully-geared and modded Jawa squad will be legit, but I think there is a mix in there that will be very effective.

Damage is VERY light with these guys. Datcha is really the only one that packs a punch. I thought all the stuns and debuffs would help balance that out but so far it's not promising.

- JE's patch up power doesn't revive jawas so without droids its just a lovely heal
- JE and JS use detonators and detonators SUCK
- Datcha's leadership power sounds good but it doesn't seem to debuff anywhere near 80% of hits

HOWEVER

- Nebit's cooldown reducing taunt and tagteam ambush are awesome
- Datcha and Jawa Vanilla's group stun are potentially awesome
- JS making GBS threads out detonators combined with scrap bomb is potentially awesome
- A whole team of creepy hooded midgets is definitely awesome

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

WerrWaaa posted:

Right now I'm running Phasma (L), Rey, GS, QGJ, RG...

gently caress this team, it's all I see in Arena now. That even better with a dodge leader.

I know it's not your fault, it's the developers' fault, but again gently caress this team.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

This game is kinda lame once you've collected all the characters you're interested in. Maybe I'll start on the worst team ever. Who's in?

- Ugnaut
- Nute Gunray (80 shard wtf)
- Cad Bane
- Lobot
- Underworld Cop

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

MoraleHazard posted:

I finally slotted in Nebit in my droid team of HK(L),86,88,Engi,Nebit. Nebit's 4*, G8, Lvl 68 and he's pulling his weight already. That protection. :aaaaa:

Amen brother! I use that team for GW and I can auto the whole thing most days. His cooldown-reducing taunt breaks that team.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

WerrWaaa posted:

This is all far, far too much work while pooping.

New thread title

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

So how does it work, you have a team of up to 5 fighters and 1 capital ship leader? Is the capital ship playable or does it just gives bonuses and is not actually in the fight? And if you've mainly focused on droid characters and jawas do you just go gently caress yourself?

I guess they didn't include Vader as commander just yet cause that would kinda screw up the achievement rewards.

EDIT: Ok I found how it works. You get 4 fighters, and 1 fleet commander who can call reinforcements and special attacks, abilities, buff/debuffs etc. You can call up to 4 reinforcements during the battle. Sounds a little different to the ground battles.

Red Rox fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Nov 18, 2016

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Chilichimp posted:

Why yes. Yes you fuckin' do.

What's this about ships?

I guess this is what i'm looking for: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/IG-2000

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

I reapplied for QuiGoonJin so I can test out the new raid and this ship business.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Anyone else find it weird that the ships don't line up properly? They kinda have to turn to the left before they shoot.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

mushroom_spore posted:

I also love that life has been steadily improving for poor old Plo Koon. :neckbeard: Seems like an increasingly good time for Jedi teams in general.

Ha yeah if I can unlock his ship I will feel a lot better about dumping all that time/resources into him.

Does Mace Windu as fleet commander give any bonus to Jedi? Or is it just the Republic bonus for now?

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

two_step posted:

Plo's ship is farmable from Cantina, it is by far the easiest ship to star up.

Theoretically, but I've spent over 300 energy and only got 3 pieces so far :mad:

Since it's 25 to unlock it better drat well be 2 star to start with.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Is it just me or will fleet arena battles always end in a draw once people get 4-5 reinforcements? I only JUST drew a battle today because the stupid capital ship animations take forever, and that's with 2 reinforcements. Seven minutes doesn't seem long enough.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Does the clone sergeant guy count as Republic? It doesn't say Republic in his stats, just Clone Trooper. I'm thinking he might be a good Republic tank. Wedge is decent but he doesn't get the same kind of bonuses from Mace and other Jedi.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

mushroom_spore posted:

You're looking in the wrong place; "Republic" as a tag is only applied to ships, not characters. :) So his ship, which needs him, is Republic, but the actual clone trooper character in your character inventory has his own set of tags for character battles.

Ah of course, thanks for the tip!

The fleet arena is great fun - reminds me of the original arena on my shard before gear and mods screwed it up.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

two_step posted:

Sadly the most farmable ship, plo koon, seems to be really really bad.

How dare you talk smack about the Koon!

But yeah it is pretty lame. His basic attack does about the same damage as JC and Biggie, but his other abilities are boring. Poor Plo. It has a nice paint job though?

Red Rox fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Nov 30, 2016

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Karzon posted:

On this last battle, I managed to get two Target Locks up consistently for extended periods of time. Each time the TL is refreshed, Biggs taunts and gets Protection. I can fire the Endurance's Fortune Favors the Bold shot to hit three ships (main target + 2 TL targets) which reduces its CD by 3 on a 4 CD ability. That means that effectively Biggs taunts and gets Protections constantly, everyone has Valor constantly (which increases Endurance's TM per attack), and I can fire off that AOE every turn. Except for the FOUR TIMES I used Endurance's ultimate to grant everyone immunity to damage.

How the hell do you get it land so often? Target Lock just never seems to work for me, otherwise I'd be using the same tactic.

At the moment I'm using Plo and Mace to juggle taunts and it's working pretty well. The longer fights last the more damage I can do with JC and Ahsoka.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

I can't seem to find this: how much does it cost to upgrade a capital ship to 5 star? I think it was 200,000 for 4 star, so is it 500,000 for 5 star?

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

I wish they had made ships open for other pilots, like a TIE fighter could be piloted by TFP or FOTFP, Jedi Delta can be piloted by any Jedi etc. But I guess that wouldn't require as much grinding! Gotta get that money.

Are ships with 2 crew twice as powerful as single crew ships? Or is the crew bonus divided by 2?

iGestalt posted:

The 5-person could be a gunship? or the Pre-Force Awakens Falcon? (Han, Chewie, Luke, Leia, Obi-wan)

But only 3 of them ever did anything right? 1 pilot and 2 gunners, maybe 1 navigator as well. Or is Obi-Wan manning the chess board?

Red Rox fucked around with this message at 11:37 on Dec 21, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Chilichimp posted:

They get more Crew abilities.

So it only takes the crew bonus from one character, not both?