Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

So for the past two days my cantina refresh has cost 100 crystals and i swear they used to be 50. Is this a nerf or a bug?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

With the double rewards I am tempted to spend another 200 crystals on cantina refreshes since I am trying to star up a GS and get some QGJ shipments.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Jerkface posted:

I wish i didnt start playing at launch because my arena shard is hilariously whaley. Like the top 50 spots are all insane.

I have no idea how whaleish my shard is but I am hovering around rank 2000 and all of the teams are 6+ levels higher than mine, so even when their star level or gear sucks it's really hard to win fights because my stuff just gets constantly resisted and dodged. When I stopped playing I was hanging in the t50 fairly easily too :I

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

The teams I sometimes face in GW are utterly bizarre. I managed to get a B squad that can usually run the first 4-5 missions for me, which is nice. Tonight they could only get through three, but my Luminara managed to keep her protection until the second to last fight somehow.

I am working on starring up Stormtrooper Han, QGJ, and I am getting close to buying a Phasma from GW. Not entirely sure who I should be working on specifically? I am sorta trying to get Han to gear level 7 but it's a miserable slog. Old Daka is stuck on 6 too because of the slog. I sort of want to unlock Dark Side Hard map 5 to start farming Bariss but I am struggling on the Dark Side normal maps on that stage, and Dooku and RG take for loving ever to farm. Do I just need to wait until I can get a Phasma? Should I be working on some other poo poo?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Starrett posted:

Game not loading for anyone else? Android here

Game is loading fine for me on ios

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

So I had something unusual happen tonight. In the second to last GW fight I got a character shard. Is this new? Did I just get tremendously lucky (it was a snowtrooper shard so lmao on that if so)? Have I just been really unlucky to have never gotten one before the final battle in GW before?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

I actually think that Obi-Wan will be a lot easier for me to farm than Barriss for trying to set up a squad to get Yoda finished next time he comes around. Realistically I want Barriss but I am not going to get her farmed up entirely off of hard nodes and I am not sure I'll be able to get to her in Cantina by then.

Would a team of Obi-Wan/QGJ/Lumi/Eeth Koth/JC be viable for trying to unlock Yoda next time?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

I used to hate always counter characters, until I leveled up my Stormtrooper Han :unsmigghh:

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

"I just need five more drops for my downward dog tier 9" - MarcusSA

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

I am having a lovely time trying to slog through map 5 dark side hard mode to be able to start farming Barriss. My RG is only 2* since I can only farm it from that one node in hard mode, I just got my Phasma to gear level 7 and 4* today, 58ish? My Dooku is 53 and 4* and only gear level 6, and I have a GS kicking around at gear 7 as well, and a dumb rear end Darth Sidious that I hate. Do I seriously need to level up my 2* RG or like what the gently caress am I supposed to be doing on these awful fuckin dark side hard missions

edit: Daka just doesn't heal enough

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Talia isn't fast enough to heal all of these loving aoes

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Jenny Angel posted:

Make it Phasma (L) instead of Mob Enforcer because she can get fairly reliable defense down on her basics, and she can dramatically crank up the rate of everyone else's attacks and thus their procs

Just getting a Phasma and getting her to 4* has massively increased the amount of damage I can do in the raid. Of course I still can't do poo poo to the door guards.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Wow I am so excited to buy Rey from the guild shop! *has not seen Rey in the guild shop in literally four days*

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

CaptainAssholay posted:

My secret shame was Luke. He was one of the first chars I 7 starred and geared up, only to realize how lovely he was.

Also, doing a GW today and this weird pet looking thing showed up during a fight. Anyone see it before? I couldn't click on it and it did nothing except breathe.

Nevermind, did another battle and it's showing mini fives or something. Funny bug.

One of the mega whales wrote a little guide about Luke as being one of the potentially viable attackers along with Rey and Leia in mega whale land. He also seems okay in a rebel team and he's useful in the raid.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Jerkface posted:

Same dude. When rey is not in the guild shop all the other heroes should be asking where is rey

I got a Rey shipment today. OH HELL YEAH BABY. Now I am only one shipment from unlocking her :unsmigghh:

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

TheTofuShop posted:

My character I put too many resources in is Lando. I only use him for the attackers challenge, but I put a bunch of time and resources into him that I should have just spent on fives

I read that he's hit or miss but I want to get an Ackbar/Luke/Han/Lando/Hoth Rebel Scout team a chance just to see how it will do. Hoth Rebel Scout seems bananas on a Rebel team with Leia but I think that team might be okay too.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

I still need to build up characters for the door guard phase since I either don't have any of the good ones or I have no way to make them usable in the raid for awhile (looking at you, RG)

I am also working on getting a 5* jedi squad to unlock Yoda in time for the next event. I just got Old Ben unlocked today, so I have 20 days to get 64 shards for him in cantina which SHOULD be fine. 6* Lumi will be 7* by the time Yoda is back, my QGJ should be 5* by then. This is where things get dicey. I can get my JC to 4* with 5 more shards and then 5* is probably feasible by then. My Ahsoka is only 3* and she's competing with QGJ shipments, so she's probably out. I get 500 arena credits per day so I can unlock Eeth Koth and 5* him in roughly 10 days if i did the math right? But he seems kind of useless.

So 7* Lumi/5* QGJ/5* Old Ben, then a bunch of poo poo. The easiest after that I guess would be JC to 5*, and I guess Eeth Koth?

Who are the easiest characters to build up for a door team? Ewoks would be a really long term thing since my Elder is 2*, my Scout is 1*, and I don't have any of the others.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Right now what I am doing is running a Phasma lead assist team with QGJ/GS/Rey and Luminara to keep healing topped off, and then trying to flee the entire team before the first devour, then switching to a healing/tank team with like Daka and Chewbacca and Han and just trying to survive as long as possible until the door comes back up. Every now and then I absolutely wallop during that phase with my DPS team but it seems really RNG dependent with Phasma passive assists. Whether or not the Phasma slow hits right before I can drop the door on the Rancor and whether or not I get any extra assists off is just too swingy for my taste.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

I am rocking an incredibly low arena power level of like, low 1800s and my fourth from last GW node two days ago was a full 72 squad with gear level 7+, which took my A team to beat. Normally I can clear all of GW with my B team now and squads ranging somewhere from level 48s in the first few nodes (???) with spikes up into the low 70s anywhere from after the first three up until the end.

Something fucky is going on with GW, and as I've widened my roster rather than focused on building up my top power characters it seems like GW has gotten easier for me recently to the point that I finish in 25~ minutes without breaking a sweat. Weirdly I am higher level now and also hanging around 1100ish in Arena versus when I came back and I was sitting around 1500ish and still at level 58.

I am really curious about GW. That node full of 48 characters I faced off today was a level 73 account.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

cowofwar posted:

I take my toons to 6* and then shift on to another one unless it is amazing.

I do the same, it's too many resources to invest in one if you're f2p with the risk of a nerf.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

ST Han doesn't do anything until his taunt his ranked up to last three turns and have all of the TM fuckery.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Farming RG loving sucks. You have one easy to farm hard mode node for him for the first 60+ and counting levels, for me. I can't quite 3* the mission at the end of hard 5 dark side for him and I am nowhere near able to farm him in the Cantina

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

My GW has gone down in difficulty for me, and it's rare I run into a team higher than level 62 now for some reason v:shobon:v

I wish they'd raise the payout now that the level cap is higher, though

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Jibo posted:

I'd say it's mostly easy but it's still tedious as all gently caress.

My favorite thing is how every day for weeks now my first node has had Vader and he is completely unstunnable for some reason so even though he's always like level 60 I still lose all my drat protection immediately.

Do you seriously not have a B team that can deal with this

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Ularg posted:

I was so close to having the killing blow.

Like I said the first part of the raid against the Guards was total bullshit but at least after that I could at least be doing some sort of damage against the Rancor.

nice

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

MarcusSA posted:

So who are people farming from the Cantina? I've finished up anyone that I was really interested in and so that leaves me to farm one of these dudes,

Lando
Old Ben
Anikin
Ploo
Finn
Kylo
Chirpa

I honestly wouldn't be using any of them anytime soon as I have a boat load of other characters to farm up but I want to start getting the shards for another dude. Started working on Old Ben but drat I already have like 7 level 80 Jedis and I'm not sure he'd be put to good use. Maybe Kylo? I dunno who are you all working on now?

I get attacked way less often since I started using Old Ben as an arena lead for defense, I guess people don't want to put up with the dodge bullshit. Old Ben/ST Han/Rey is actually a pretty good combo for me so I guess it's also possible they're winning defenses.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

I don't know what the gently caress to do with my Galactic War shipments. I have Lumi at 7*, I have Phasma at 6* so I guess I could take her to 7. I just unlocked Teebo because I hear he's good against door guards but I just don't really know. Is anyone else in GW worth farming? I know Poggle and IG-86 are both good but a droid team is going to have to wait for after I waste my time on a f2p rebel team. I see Biggs there but I don't know if he's worth it for the rebel team.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Fenris13 posted:

Poggle and 86 are both good outside of a droid team, and Teebo is a monster in any phase of the raid, not just the guards. Biggs is mediocre at best even in a rebel team.

Yeah, I was really not feeling Biggs. Good to know Teebo is good in the entire raid, I'll just keep buying him then. Thanks.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

The June log-in character shards are: ally points :unsmigghh:

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Lando/Fives/Ackbar/ST Han/HRS are all units I want to have eventually, although I won't be able to have and level them all up for this event.

My next project is a lovely f2p rebel team that's going to be Lando/Ackbar/ST Han/HRS/??? anyways.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Did the join a guild achievement give a lot of crystals or did I pocket buy 200 crystals because I have about 200 unaccounted for crystals since the other day

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

My arena team is massively underleveld for my old shard but I hold around 500-700 with a team of Old Ben (L) Rey Lumi ST Han and QGJ. I don't particularly want Lumi in there but she's one of my best geared characters, when I can star up RG to go into that team I think it will be extremely annoying on defense. Although I am not totally sold on him as the last member either.

I am glad that f2p rebel team I was speculating on in here earlier is as strong as I thought it was, my ST Han will be 7* soon, but it's going to be awhile before I can start working on HRS

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

I never mentioned this because I'm not sure if it's a bug, but Old Bens debuff attack can reduce TM on the Rancor when the door is down on him.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Yeah, also I have to farm drat AA from the Arena first already, making me have to farm Leia there too is going to be a crunch :saddowns:

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

rabidsquid posted:

I never mentioned this because I'm not sure if it's a bug, but Old Bens debuff attack can reduce TM on the Rancor when the door is down on him.

I did this again today, so if it is a bug it's repeatable at least.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

I think if you don't have a 7* Rey that Leia is a good choice, and if you do AA is probably better.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Should I get Barriss to 6 or 7*, Old Ben to 6 or 7*, or start working on a Lando for my future Rebel team in Cantina? For the record I have had GW on auto battle since I got Barriss at 4*, so really raising her would only be to eventually do the Yoda fights (and that's not a big concern for me atm). Old Ben is my current arena leader but I am not sure if giving him more stars and levels is that great since I actually don't want him to have more health. Also I think I will be jumping to Rebels in the arena eventually anyway.

I currently have a fairly beefy 6* ST Han at 72, a babby Leia who is only 2* at the moment but getting all of my shipments, a somewhat abbby Ackbar at 4* with gear level 7, and a gear level 8 Luke I've ignored for a long time but who's 6* and only level 58 probably. I would like HRS for the team but QGJ to 7* is a bit more of a priority, do y'all think an AA (L) Leia, ST Han, Luke, Lando arena team would be viable?

I guess ignoring all of that poo poo I don't know if I should keep farming this Barriss since she seems fine until I start working on trying to get the Yoda poo poo done, and I am not sure starring up Old Ben will do me a ton of work. But I also don't want to farm up Lando if he's useless, when I could start working on Chirpa or something.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

As someone running Old Ben lead with an ST Han, I love seeing Dooku. Hitting him with offense down is serious :getin: territory. It's just infinite turns.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

After finally amassing 50 purple hairdryers for Rey to get her to gear level 8, I discover gear level 9 requires 100 purple hairdryers :shepicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Who needs such a hellish combination for gear level 9? Please don't say QGJ.