Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Chewbacca and Cad Bane are decent for the raid, right? And put together a rebels pvp team and now you have Lando, now you have three scoundrels and can get the credits without looking at it like you wasted them for the scoundrel event.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

so i just got my raid rewards for the second time. the second set of rewards were not as good as the first. if they really are just accidentally a second set of rewards, cool. if my earlier rewards were rolled back, not cool.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Davethulhu posted:

There's apparently a bug that makes this exploitable. Don't keep doing it, there were posts of people on the official forums doing it 200x and getting their account suspended.

I don't even know what I did. When the new raid started I went and looked at it to get the inbox message to go away and it sent me a second reward. It has never done that before and afaik i didn't do anything different to cause it this time.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Even with getting my QGJ to 7* and my Leia bumping my top five power up I can fully auto battle GW without losing anybody with a squad that's just 5* Barris (L), 7* Lumi, 5* Leia, 6* Rey and 7* QGJ.

Barris isn't even well skilled and I don't think anyone is better than G8.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Malgrin posted:

Have you tried today's GW? They seem to have rolled back the let's make GW easier patch.

e: 8th node: 7432 Phasma, 7892 RG, 7759 QGJ, 6968 GS, 7190 Rey. That's 37,231 power total. My arena squad has 36,708 power.

Finally beat it with QGJ (L), Bariss, EE, RG, Daka with everyone at full health. Goddamn that took a lot of tries, and at one point I was just down to QGJ and Daka...and they were both hurting.

9 was easy, 10 was hard, 11 was hard. 12 had 3-4* heroes, like has been reported elsewhere.

CG has acknowledged that Scanners were supposed to cost 1400, and they will in the future.

I just did GW and auto'd through it like usual. I did see a few more droid teams than usual and Rey died in the second to last fight, but I was autoing GW before they patched it to be easier recently too so v:shobon:v

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

The thing about GW that sorta drives me nuts, and this doesn't personally affect me at all, is like the people that have to spend 40+ minutes to finish this poo poo and have to have multiple teams, all to get the exact same rewards they got at level 20. Making it scale in difficulty but not prizes, I don't know, it seems like people wouldn't be as unhappy if they weren't struggling to get the same poo poo they got before.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

And yeah my pvp squad is actually lower powered than my GW squad is, which is extremely unusual I take it.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

wondering if they stealth tanked cantina drop rates or if i've had the worst rng streak in my game career, up to 400 cantina energy between drops at this point. rip :v:

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Disco De Soto posted:

Please go droids because this game needs some variety, rather than another team of Ray, RG, Phasma, STHan, Sid, QGJ or Geo Soldier. I know it's the devs fault but I wish people would try something different rather than min maxing. Seriously the top 25 of my arena are all pretty much the same team.

And also gently caress the devs for adding Dengar to the guild store, now Jawa Engi shows up even less than he did before. I have enough credits to upgrade him to 7* but he's never available!

I currently have a generic dodge lead/Rey/ST Han/QGJ team but I am working on a rebel team and that seems like a lot of fun. It's probably not ~optimal~ but its nice that you can farm a lot of it at the same time. Sucks that three pieces come from arena but my ST Han was 6* already and I have AA unlocked and am not sure he absolutely NEEDS to be maxed out before the team works.

Unfortunately unlocking QGJ took so long that I don't even have HRS unlocked yet, but it's nice that I can work on it while I work on Lando.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

I have never seen anyone else mention this but Old Bens TM down works on the Rancor when the door is down on him.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

I hope the "characters cannot dodge while stunned" also applies to the rancor. Hate it when that dude dodges Reys nuke when the door is down on him.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i really, really hope they don't let you start stacking dodge. i find the dodge leader meta barely tolerable as is, and i understand it has its place but its simply not "fun" and that matters.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

I don't think anyone else can win an arena fight in sub 20 seconds like Lando can now

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

the way stealth and taunt interact is weird, if Teebo lead gives a multi turn taunting cahracter stealth during his taunt it will end when the stealth does for whatever reason

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

I have Leia and ST Han at 6* and 70~ both at gear level 8 i think, Lando is only 5* and close to 6* only gear level 7, and AA at 4* gear level 7 and my rebel team can clean up GW for me. Until I hit the two really hard nodes, that is.

Lando should hit 6* some time this week. Unfortunately HRS only hit 4* today but he's about to hit a relatively easy g8. I still need to skill up HRS and AA so I'm not in a huge rush, and I only get t500 arena prizes so Leia and ST Han to 7 is definitely gonna take a minute.

Not sure AA needs to really be above 4* for this team? Anyone running it have any feedback or anyone smart have any thoughts?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

I enjoy that galactic war difficulty has bumped up again

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

The best part is that since mods aren't reflected in power level simming is extremely dangerous!

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

two_step posted:

So mods are clearly retarded, and hopefully they tone them down big time, but it is worth pointing out that right now, they can greatly level the playing field between those who have their guys fully geared and those that don't. In the current state, you can spend about 5 million credits and 500 or so cantina energy and be just as good as someone that had thrown down thousands of dollars for this game. Even if you bought all that for crystals, you are talking something like 7,000 crystals or $50 to be just as good as their 10 grand.

In the end, this, more than anything else is why they will *have* to change the mod system, the whales won't stand for it.

what's stopping them from getting the mods too tho

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

mods are so stupid. my level 76 rey nuked for 51k damage today. i did 320k damage on rancor p4 when my previous high was 220kish on p2

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

I now have a 226 speed Leia, sure, loving whatever.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

I don't have enough mods to fully kit out Leia yet and she's only 6*, but she tends to get a turn for every three characters and is doing somewhere between 2k (lmao) to 30k damage per attack. She's not on the same level as my Rey, but my Rey is at 7* and all level 15 mods.

I guess for now my rebel team is indefinitely on hold since my Old Ben/ST Han team is so idiotic now in front of those two.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

HeadHunter Joe posted:

I agree, everyone gather round and warm your hands around the dumpster fire. Enjoy the show the fire will eventually burn out and we can wait for the next time they light it.

Also don't give them any more money cause wtf are they thinking.

earlier today i was like "maybe i should buy some crystals to sim as many mod challenges as i can before they patch it" but NO, bad squid, do not give money to EA for loving their game up

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

between mods not dropping from every fight now and them dropping 3* in the 16 energy battle, man i don't know. i need more 5* mods but spending 190 energy or so and getting three total mods, and two of them are 3*, that was brutal.

especially since doing my three daily cantina battles got me 3 aayla shards. is she worth farming? she looks fun.

edit: ^ i added this person. i guess i need to start setting up my Rey or Leia as my loaner. which would y'all rather have?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

com2us games have generally been pretty fun for me, i actually really liked summoners war except the grinding to star up your dudes was a bit on the ridiculous side. like 8 rl hours in a day bad.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Yeah I do three or four times as much damage in the raid now. Although GGA has lost our resident whale, rip Natedogg.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

lovely Wizard posted:

So if they make it nearly impossible to get mods now that they realized how big of a gently caress up they made, aren't there going to be a bunch of people who already farmed/upgraded/whaled mods that are loving unstoppable for the foreseeable future?

Thanks to how busted rank 15 tier 5 mods are, I went from having trouble cracking top 200 on my old as gently caress shard to easily sitting at 107 all day today. I am the only sub 80 that I have seen since rank 250 or so but apparently nobody can beat my lower level squad because my Rey/Leia are busted and my ST Han is only partially beefed up.

So. Yes.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

if tier 6 or 7 mods exist at all now they're probably garbage. i see very little difference between tier 1 and 5 at the moment

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

between all of the stupid poo poo they've done with mods and being really seriously ill irl i am not gonna be contributing much in the near future, or if i do just count it as a bonus.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i decided to take this up as a thing to do when i should be working instead, any casual goon guilds i can hop in? i barely remember anything about this game and it appears a ton of poo poo is new

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

okay after a day or two back i realized i have zero chance of ever breaking t1000 in pvp again and made a new account, i need friends who can carry me through stuff i will post my new id code later.

also god waiting for the exp to get my next four and a half levels and unlock galactic war is killing me. i doubt i can finish it immediately but not being able to farm the other two phoenix members is bothering me. i did get 8 pieces of the one in arena points so thats fun. the droid, jedi from cantina and the leader from cantina is a decent enough start for current content for the most part.

aaaaa why do levels take so long :I

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i am keeping my GP low, not even activating characters i am not using or promoting ones i am not using, focusing solely on phoenix. so far its let me break top 200 in arena and id finished GW every single day. until now.

im level 42

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

1st AD posted:

I haven't finished GW in 2 months, on some boards I can't even get past the first 6 battles or so - I run into really high geared teams that easily beat me.

the method i am using to depress my GP by not activating poo poo i dont need until i need it SHOULD avoid this. mine would have been insane as a final node but unless i am not remembering correctly there are still two nodes on my board not even unlocked. even if they were geared lovely a 33 level advantage is a bit much.

its pretty dumb that i am specifically gaming the system and stuff like this can still happen

Ineptitude posted:

I have only ever failed a single GW. The one i failed was before i knew that you could quit a battle you would lose and have all your dudes back to what they were before.
Sure, i started playing them before they changed how they work and added sims but surely they didn't change that much?

i dont think anyone could avoid failing the GW i got, i mean if the RNG decides to toss a team 30+ levels higher than me with full 7* when i am level 42 i just cant do anything

rabidsquid fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Nov 16, 2018

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

GW has been fine since my last post about the 20+ level higher team. today i hit a level 78 bastilla team on my third node, bastilla herself having roughly 1/3rd the GP of all of my characters combined.

:I

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Ineptitude posted:

Double drops, yay

24 sims later: Double of nothing is still nothing, so technically i too experienced double drops.

ive been crazy lucky on the double drops so far and might be able to get my phoenix to 5* before the event ends. initially i assumed my obstacle would be getting hera to 5* because of cantina drops but now i have to cross my fingers that GW doesnt gently caress me enough to finish zeb in time.

i know 5* palpatine probably isnt super duper great but it'll still be nice for trying to clear out those empire nodes for now.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i have to say since i have a new account none of this has any impact on me whatsoever but i also have to say with some of the poo poo i've read has gone on lately i am a bit wishy washy on spending literally infinity energy farming bastilla and jolee on these hard nodes.

because of the timing of where thrawn and palpatine showed up i will have both of them at 5. i will be able to get hera to six in the next day but from what i understand 6* thrawn is way beyond what i'll be able to do at level 61 or 62. i absolutely cant crack top 50 in my arena shard because as it turns out my account joined the tail end of a new arena shard and i dont have the patience or interest in rerolling after that happened. i do consistently sit top 100 but i'm not sure how long that will be true if i put off getting phoenix to 7. i think i want to try and do ezra to 7 and then join QGJ so i can at least get some raid materials and the shards, i've been waiting on a 7* for that reason, is that dumb or no.

anyway i got cad bane, i'm trying to get boba, i want to have a few BH semi ready and i kinda wanna farm KRU after i finish Ezra since i figure i'll have a long time to worry about finishing phoenix before palpatine and thrawn come back, but i really would prefer to keep top 100 in arena for the 100 crystals. i don't know. phoenix mirror matches are irritating as hell in arena.

right now my roadmap is ezra/kanaan both to 7 as they'll also be part of a GMY team later, and farming bastilla and jollee for revan asap. that'll give me 4/5th of a GMY team as well as a decent headstart on a bastilla team for arena. in the meantime i think i can work on KRU in cantina until i can unlock the other two in there. whats the timetable on events like EP and thrawn, how much time am i looking at before they're back and i have to worry about getting them at 7?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

one of them seems like its very obviously carbonite han

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

is young lando worth farming on the fleet nodes? theres not a lot i can actually farm in fleet and it'd basically be between him + his ship and the tie fighter pilot ship, but i can buy that in shipment shards.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Zachack posted:

I would argue your next priority should be a first order squad to get bb8 and then JTR, which has a lovely grind. Or bypass and do the Revan grind.

even though i only have palpatine and thrawn at 5 i am starting on the revan grind. three hard nodes is gonna be a long rear end time, and since i am gonna have kanan and ezra from phoenix anyway that's basically a ready made revan arena team, altho obviously not the ideal one. but it seems like since there are three hard nodes anyway i might as well start on it now.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i am one fleet arena shipment away from raising my ship power 10k and almost definitely vaulting into the top 50 and it wont show up, i am so tempted to crystal refresh but i know thats dumb aaaaaaaaa

edit: i actually got lucky and it showed up in a shipment before my fleet arena timer, as it turns out gaining 14k power was a good way to jump into the top 50. i may be able to do top 25 with this group or if the shipments are nice to me before fleet arena reset tomorrow and give me the other phoenix ship i will gain another 12k and should be able to cruise

rabidsquid fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Dec 11, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

thrawn527 posted:

That's what I'm doing now, but it has a similar cantina grind with T3 and Mission (one is only 12 energy, the other is still 16). It sucks, and I hate it.

as a new account where some farms are changes stuff with regard to the old road map a great deal, and i am not looking forward to the mission and t3 farm but at least i will have something like six? levels of farming t3 where i cant even open missions node yet so i hope that'll help with that some.

the one thats killing me is that bastila, jolee and zalbaar are all on hard nodes. i am only doing bastila and jolee and thats still putting a hurting on my energy every day. i am doing three refreshes on normal energy which hasnt come back to haunt me yet since i am getting top 100 arena/top 50 ships but all of these hard nodes i have to farm suuuuuck.

i am getting a young lando i didnt expect to be getting because ships is beyond idiotic rng, ive been at 20/25 for ghost for several days now :I