Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i need some advice, ive been doing old republic farm every day since the nodes have opened up and i am at 23/30 bastila, 13/25 jolee and just 4/25 zalbaar with having opened up t3s cantina node today. so that's like i dont know 1300 shards off the top of my head, and i cant begin farming mission for another 7 levels or so which is gonna be i dont know, a little under two weeks?

today i got 4th in fleet, yesterday i was 6, and ive just squeaked in at number 50 in squad arena the past two days. i might be able to keep hovering around top 5 in fleet, so i have 400~ crystals per day or i guess worst case 300? not top tier spending money but pretty good. i've been considering refreshing hard nodes to try to get the farm done a little faster but the really big bottleneck is probably going to be cantina. if revan is back in january or february i stand no chance i guess, i'm kind of doubting i'll be able to get him even in march or april.

so basically what my consideration right now is, what to do with my cantina energy? before i unlocked t3 i had been farming up my TFP, he's been pretty strong for me in ships and will be part of an empire team i could slap together. i have 5* EP and thrawn and vader and i'm working on tarkin. depending on how fleet arena shipments go i might have vader to 6 relatively soon or not for who knows how long. tarkin is an easy farm from arena. so i've kind of got an idea of empire as my next arena team with tader and tarkin and TFP all a possibility in fleet arena, or at the very least for daily challenge unlocks.

the other consideration for my cantina energy is old ben, and i know GMY isnt a priority unlock necessarily but it's not a HUGE jump from bastila and jolee to just jumping to a jedi team. i already have ezra and kanan at 7* and regardless of whether or not i can finish the kotor farm in time i intend to finish bastila and jolee. then depending on when GMY comes back i am not super far out from a bastila led jedi team with GMY replacing kanan which seems like it could be pretty strong.

basically my thinking is that with having to wait on the palpatine and thrawn events and possibly not even being able to 7* thrawn even when it does come back because of event difficulty i am actually closer to a strong meta bastilla led jedi team than i am switching to empire for arena. if i try to finish old ben or tfp in cantina i stand zero chance at revan next time around, but i'm a little concerned that even if i hard farm the old republic the two cantina farms will stop me. my big concern is that if i go for revan and fall short the t3 and mission farm in the cantina will have been a huge waste when i could have been maxing TFP for an empire team/ships or old ben to go jedi.

tldr i dont know if i have time to get my old republic to 7* before revan comes back next and i need to decide who to farm next in cantina.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i am inching toward the end of the old republic farm death march and i have probably 30-40 more days left but i am not entirely sure which way to go after since i've deviated from the typical start recommendation a bit. any tips for where to go next after i finish my revan farm?

https://swgoh.gg/p/956684945/

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

I'd say finish Phoenix so you can get 7* thrawn, since you are so close to it already. After that get 5 jedi to 7* and geared enough to get GMY since he is the staple of any jedi team

Edit: gearing kanan and especially Ezra up will help with the thrawn fight and give you a decent start on a jedi team to use with revan/bastila/jolee for getting GMY

yeah i had to stop the hera farm before i wanted to to have any shot at revan, but it looks like its paying off.

i am one piece from getting ezra to g9 but kanan takes two carbantis and ughhhhhh thats a lot for g9 i feel like

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

HebrewMagic posted:

Taking the plunge and starting over. Surely, goons would never lead me wrong.

i recently came back and restarted and have been rolling in the crystals. the old republic farm is stopping me from progressing basically anything else but i am still getting about 275-300 crystals a day from both pvp. with the daily login monthly average and the daily quests and GW i think that's +150? so.

of course spending 500 a day is cutting in to that a little bit :v:

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

my babby shard (of which i got put into the tail end of which loving sucks btw) only has 20 revan kicking around the top 50

i dont think i beat many or any of the mirrors right now but wait till i hit level 84 you rear end holes!!!

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Bastila/Jolee/Mission/Z/T-3 are the units you need at 7* to do the Revan event. theres a part with Zalbaar and Mission by themselves but you otherwise dont need to level T3. you'll want to level and gear Jolee and Bastila as they both go in the Revan team.

i just did the event at level 81 and T3 at level 1 so you definitely dont need to level him at all.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

for any of the "should i restart or just play my old account" people i just want you all to know i got number one in arena yesterday after making a brand new account instead of trying to salvage my old one

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i barely have any BH but after i unlocked the Bossk node i double refreshed him until i started on the other BH ships to try and get the falcon, and Bossk is so incredibly dumb i love him so much.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i got JKR with a G7 Mission and Z and a T1 level 1 T3, at level 80. i am also fairly positive they weren't skilled up past 3. G12 Bastila by herself with the provided JKR would carry you through everything else with a level 1 Jolee. you're way over prepared for those parts.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

the OR team should just be carth lead with juhani replaced by like, wampa

JKR should go on his own jedi team. the typical one is Bastila/GMY/Jolee/GK but with GR being a thing now that can get kind of split up. the old conventional wisdom was don't invest too heavily in Phoenix but it turns out relic Ezra is very strong and the best JKR teams on my shard are using Ezra over GK

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

HebrewMagic posted:

One day visas marr is gonna be needed for something and we'll all feel pretty foolish

she would be good if she got some tags