Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Quotes from IGD's #2 and #3 on raiding:

KingOfTheTramps posted:

I've been getting a lot of damage against the rancor with the following 3 (all gear 9):

QGJ - maxed Quick Strike for TM reduction
Rey - she is quick and often hits for 15K+
RG - for the taunt and slow debuff, the huge health pool helps as well.

The other 2 slots are fairly flexible, but honourable mentions go to Barriss, and Yoda if the rancor has 50%+ health (so you can give your whole team dodge).

Once things start to go south you want to try and escape your best toons and use them over 2 or even 3 rounds. I get much better results if I can reuse QGJ and Rey rather than using my backups, because most of my backups are not at max gear/level.

I'm also farming Ewoks as I imagine they will be very useful.

Malgrin posted:

Yeah, I generally run two team comps, and try to save anyone I can. I run Teebo lead, Chirpa, Ewok Elder, RG, QGJ. These guys basically have the perfect balance of abilities, but this fight usually takes me 10 minutes, but I've gotten 400k+ damage out of it. QGJ and Teebo can remove Taunt/damage up. Secondly, Teebo removes a lot of TM, so that's pretty amazing. Chirpa grants speed, HoTs, retribution to Ewoks, and a pretty big burst of damage in his everybody attacks move (ok, right now it's up to 3 ewok allies +1 other). RG applies stuns and slows. QGJ also removes TM. I use this to juggle him, and I usually still have everyone up when he gets to enrage, at which point I try to get everyone out. Usually get about 2-3, but sometimes 4. My next team comp really depends on who survived. If QGJ and Teebo survive, I like to go Teebo, QGJ, Phasma, Poe, Rey. If RG survives I usually put him in place of Poe. I only run Chirpa if Teebo survives.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Davethulhu posted:

He won't double attack with his omega level basic on the turn he applies speed down. So a bit less double attacking. I'm going to keep farming him, he's super tanky and it's still a strong ability.

And SUPER good for raids. Just not brokenly good in Arena.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Jibo posted:

Qui GoonJinn goons:

We've cleared the pigs on the T6 Raid. Feel free to get some smacks in on the Rancor if you want to see how you stack up against T6.

I'm thinking we should spend at least one full refresh on phase 2 before we abandon the raid but I'm open to other suggestions.

Stick it out! Attachment to immediate reward is the lure of the Dark Side!

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

two_step posted:

Just ran this team again in p4, did 916k damage (plus another 1.6 mil or so in p1 yesterday)

Deathbear teebo is so good. it gets to the point you become miffed when he misses or the Rancor actually resists.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Jerkface posted:

Im going to assume 5 to 9 parts of a raid gear none of your characters need

Yeah, I was 33 and got my first complete piece ever (a +40% potency scanner) and 10 stun cuffs.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Holy cow, how high is T7 Rancor's Resistance?

Teebo can't land a TM reduction to save his life.

also, what percentage of damage should a higher-rank player like myself be shooting for? Like, if I get 5% of his health from P4, is that a good attempt with by best team, or should I retreat 'til I hit 10%?

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

kaschei posted:

My priorities were Lando Aoe > HRS basic > Greedo Unique Crit% > a bunch of other stuff. It depends on where your priorities are, Lando AoE is useless in raids but aces in Arena.

And amazingly cathartic in GW, when you have to soften up a squad for your main team.

"gently caress YOU. And Again. I insist."

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Malgrin posted:

Yeah, I would recommend skipping any episode with JJB though. They're just as painful. Go read a plot summary and move on.

There's still some awkward overacting between Anakin and Padme, but nothing like in AOTC.

Well, there's one worth watching, because you get to watch one of the most Grievous injuries of the entire show, but that's probably the only one.

Actually the JJB eps aren't *awful* once you realize he's playing the archetype of the Holy Fool, and can almost literally do no wrong despite his foolishness.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Jibo posted:

I've mentioned it before and I'll mention it again. Clone Wars and Rebels are both good shows if you're into Star Wars. The story is solid, the voice acting is great, the action sequences are amazing and the themes are surprisingly mature for a couple of shows for children.

I wish they weren't so slow to roll out new characters in this game because there are tons of characters from those shows that I would like to see in this.

Also, when certain characters from Clone Wars show up in Rebels, I thought I was gonna get teary-eyed.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Jibo posted:

Please keep talking about how awesome Lando is. I'm about at 5 stars on him and can't wait to get him leveled and geared. Leia is fast behind him too.

Lando gives me *life* in GW. Lando + Ackbar on my GW B-team can usually paste the entire enemy team for 8-10k before they get a chance to act, making them easy pickings for my A-team. Very important on those last few nodes.

And I don't have him even CLOSE to gear.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

IGD, we have hit the point where we need to slow down ourselves, otherwise we kill the rancor before everyone has a chance to hit it.

T7 has accelerated us into the stratosphere. We may be the TryHard guild, but can we share the wealth by cycling QGJ guildies in for loot? Start a guild exchange program?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Inkel posted:

Lol we're gonna be down to doing T4 raids once every high level person bails

It'd be an exchange program, not a Sniping program.

We don't need more firepower, but it'd be nice if ALL goons were at least doing T6