Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
Started playing this silly game three weeks ago. Now I'm lvl 50 and doing all the wrong things.

837-479-174, looking for powerful friends to carry my retarded rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
I'm level 54 and wondering if I should do anything to prep for ships? I've got all three main caps and a handful of fighters with pilots. None of which I have any idea what to do with in 6 levels.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Is Kit Fisto an okay alternative to Aayla until I can get her sharded up or am I wasting my time?

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Currently lvl 65 and also at a crossroads. My jedi team (Lumi, QGJ, GC, Asoka, AA/5s) has been working pretty well but I know their time is limited and I'm starting to focus on other heroes. I've started on a Rebel team (STH, AA, Lando, Biggs, 1 more) but I'm not seeing the synergy I was hoping for. I'm working on unlocking JKA and Aayla, as well as Boba for my darkside group. Really not sure what to focus on the most though. Being 65 I'm working on ships as well so everything seems to be demanding my limited resources.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Okay some good advice, thanks. What empire team should I work on when I get to around 70? Also free Boba? Should I focus on another character if they are going to give him to me for free? I just unlocked Daka so I'm hoping to replace Talia soon in my darksiders.

Unfortunately I have no options to farm Wedge yet but he's definitely on my list as he's good for ships too I hear.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005

Chilichimp posted:

Also, guys, please read the OP. Mal has some very good guides in there about character choices and teams.

It definitely helps but I'm asking more about team composition.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Here is my ally code in case some other high level peeps want to lend a hero.

837-479-174

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005

Malgrin posted:

I added you

Gracias!

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
I had one yesterday that was all Sith. Just wrecked all my squads. And it only at the half way mark on GW.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
So what is a more potent upgrade, Stars>Gear>Level>Mods? Trying to prioritize my resources and upgrades.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Thanks for the tips!

I wish more unique teams were viable early/late game. I have some Nightsisters that are just sitting around after I thought it would be novel early in my gaming to have a few. A Clone Wars group sounds pretty fun too. In fact, the only reason I keep playing this game is because the first character I got was Ahsoka, and she reminds me of my daughter.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005

Malgrin posted:

Well, y'all can stop worrying about GK Chaze and just focus on Zoba. Just went 1v3 vs the hardest to beat dude on my shard, Zoba vs. GK Chaze.

Got to say Mal, since you've added me I have a lot of fun with GK and my Jedi team. Thanks again!

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Both sound like really good QoL stuff. Keeping all our squads straight is going to be so much easier.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
What's the point of basic only auto-attack? Is that useful for something? I know the AI kinda screws up at times but it is something that people will use all the time?

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Whelp, looks like my guild imploded.

Here is my ally # 837-479-174 in case there is an opening in the lower level guild. I'm currently 71 and just got my first 6 star.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Thanks for the invite! I promise to let you down horribly.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Today's episode of "YOU SHALL NOT PASS!" has been brought to you by the letters F and U...

Burning_Monk fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Feb 27, 2017

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
I like the little lock icon on the abilities that can't be dispelled.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005

Numismancer posted:

Some sort of weird meta shakeup is happening on my shard, as if a million Wiggs/Lando/STH/Boba teams cried out and were shoved down like 10 slots by Sith teams.

I'm still rocking a counter-meta STH/RG/Lumi/Boba/Lando (L) team and where I previously lived comfortably in the top 20, I found myself at #37 all of a sudden today - clawed my way back up but god drat.

Ya something is happening. I was under 500 this morning (arena not being my thing) and when I logged in just now I see I got rewards for being over rank 1000 wth?

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Just unlocked JKA this morning... only took me 11 tries on 2 nodes to get the final ONE shard. fml

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
This might seem like a silly question, but say I have two nodes one cost 8 energy one cost 12 energy. Is there a higher chance for one to give a shard than the other? I could technically run the 8 energy more but does it give less return on shards? Not worried about the other items.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005

Vulpes posted:

Chance of shards is the same regardless of energy cost. So always farm the cheaper nodes when you can.

great, thanks!

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
So is QGJ a good first meta? My Jedi team is strong but I have a good rebel team too.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005

Malgrin posted:

Why do we even get the training droid event? After all this time, do they still not understand that we don't need them? I mean, I still run it, because who knows, maybe someday we'll all get 100 million credits, and it takes me like 1 minute to run while I type this up...

Also, just cause I was curious, I have enough droids to level 17 heroes from 1-85, which is, in fact, 100 million credits.

It helps some people leveling up, but ya after a while it's just kind of pointless. By level 65 I had thousands of small and medium training droids.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
They should let you convert training droids to shards or some other currency. Even if it's some obscene ratio it would at least let you get rid of them.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Ashoka was my first 7*, she is really easy and very useful. Mace you'll need leveled up a little for the ship events but isn't useful much besides that, espeically later in the game.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
It's funny, someone in this thread mentioned it when I first started playing, that whenever you see Mace in a squad you will most likely win that match. It's so true, to the point that I will actively refresh my groups to see if I can get a Mace to pop up. Then I proceed to kill everyone else and save him for last.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005

ijii posted:

I've been enjoying the game so far as a newbie, but I'm a bit concerned now at level 51. The last galactic war node was increasingly difficult this time. I've gotten into whale territory now. The last node had a squad of level 60, 5* purple geared, Vader, Maul, Sidious and two others. It was a miracle that I could cheese my way to victory. If I can't get that last node, it would seriously hamper my progress.

For the first time yesterday I broke into the top 100 rank in the arena which is nice, but I'll never get to top 50 as a FTP player. I'm satisfied for now.

Another concern I have is my lack of dark side characters. The OP lists a bunch of light side heroes as priority over the few dark side heroes. I don't really have a reason to farm a dark side hero other than Boba right now, so hopefully I won't need anything from dark side battles in the near future.

I'm about to 5* Boba and STH, so that'll be nice. I've got my main 5 heroes souped up with mods and slowly progressing Mod Battles with two level 85 allies that pop up. And finally I'm focusing on getting level VII gear on my main squad.

50 to 60 is some of the hardest because you are just starting to get mods but others will be farther ahead and of course the whales become very noticeable because of them.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Follow the OP and grind Rebels for synergy.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005

Crumbletron posted:

Free Bohdi Rook and 500 crystals :eyepop:

How do the stats on Bohdi compare? Looks like they tossed him in the GW store.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005

Chilichimp posted:

All of my Phoenix boys are GIV, Level 40. Here's hoping that's enough, because gently caress dedicating shitloads of credits on these assholes.

I'm starting to get the feeling that the Credit Heist today was meant to be spent on leveling up those guys :(

Same, I'm not even 80 yet so I'm not going to be throwing too many resources at some 3* peeps. I already have something like 4 teams I'm working on to varying degrees. Not to mention I'm about to get Yoda (6*) and these Empire Mando guys are coming out too.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
I just unlocked Yoda (6*) now I'm wondering what to use him for?

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005

Malgrin posted:

Soldier and Sun Fac are pretty easy to unlock, heroes are in Cantina/Guild and Fleet, and ships are in GW (rarely for Sun Fac) and Fleet shipments. Plus Sun Fac is a boss both as a hero and a ship. Scimitar is the only other worthwhile, farmable DS ship, and it's a really slow farm.

Speaking of Sun Fac. What's a good DS team for him?

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
What are people using to get past the final stage of the Super Commando event? I just turned 80 and my rebel team is still 75 (mostly 7*) and my other teams are 70 and I'm having trouble finishing off Kanan and Ezra at 80.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
I suggest NOX app player for Mac. https://www.bignox.com/

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005

turn it up TURN ME ON posted:

I got Lando to 6 stars and now I don't know what to start grinding next. Should I get him up to 7? My team right now is weird:

Lando
Chewie
Tarkin
Resistance Pilot
Jedi Consular

I think the last two need to go, but I like having the damage dealer and the healing is SUPER useful. Especially in galactic war.

What level are you? Go for Wedge if you can get him. Build up a rebels team if you can.

Wedge (L), Biggs, STH, Lando, AA/Leia

If you hurry you can start unlocking EP in a couple weeks.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005

turn it up TURN ME ON posted:

50. The only of that group I have unlocked currently is Lando, so that'd be a loving hard grind. Unless AA is code for clone sergeant or something.

You will get AA (Admiral Ackbar) shards when you hit 60 and start doing the ship challenges.

Luminara is great to unlock for GW and is one of the easiest Jedi to level up. Can replace your JC as the healer. Did you get any good characters from your first Chromium pack?

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
This just happened a couple minutes ago. I'm one gear piece from leveling a character to g9. Super! Pop 50 crystals to give me some energy. Fantastic! One by one I sim the node. Not. One. Item. I need. Go thru my whole energy. Now I wait six hours. So in short...

Tom Smykowski posted:

The most important thing to remember is: grinding for gear is bullshit

Burning_Monk fucked around with this message at 17:14 on May 11, 2017

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
So what is a decent F2P empire team?

I've got EP and Vader at 7*

Then I have 5*... Tarkin, TFP, RG, Magma, Snow, and Storm. Currently working on Tarkin to push to 7* with the revamp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
I don't like that I have to suddenly have a high star Luke to do the higher tiers. He wasn't a good character before, still isn't but I have to have him at 6 stars all of a sudden with practically no warning or time to prep?

Thanks for the empire suggestions, Shore is a little too out of my league atm (currently 83 and i can't even beat 9 normal yet). How does MagmaTrooper stand these days? He's really easy for me to level and I'll have him at 7 in not time so I assume he's poo poo.