Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Davethulhu posted:

I know this isn't a popular opinion, and it's def weaker on defense, but Yoda is a good counter for Palp. He has a higher base speed, so it's easier to get him to go first, and completely blocking Palp's initial stun really helps.

Long term get Biggs + Wedge.

Also, if you can't currently finish the credit heist at the top tier, that should be your primary focus. You need those credits because (again my opinion) the best place to get mods is in shipments.

That's why all the cool kids run b2 / palp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Davethulhu posted:

Someone needs to start the raid. I can't because you keep ignoring me when I ask to be promoted back to officer. :mad:

Errr. I promoted you two days ago I thought? Or was that someone else? No that was someone with sa in name.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

iGestalt posted:

I bet the developers put a decimal point in the wrong place.

And yet it was cleared the first day.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Malgrin posted:

New update coming out, hope you've been saving ally points (I haven't...)

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/74049/game-update-10-27-2016#latest

We'll also be getting free Bistan (Rogue One) shards next month, and Scarif Rebel pathfinder now in 1D. As if I didn't have enough to farm with cantina energy....

237k ally point. Time to snipe

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Davethulhu posted:

Oh, by the way, unrelated to this game, if anyone is feeling a little burned out and would like a change of pace, check out Plants vs Zombies Heroes. I work for Popcap and had a hand in its development.

That the main popcap studio? If so we should grab lunch. I'm at z2/king on 5th and pine

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

iGestalt posted:

I'm still running Phasma (L), QGJ, Geno Sold, Rey, Barrisa/Luma/Dakka as my primary team.

I should work on a better team. Well, Wiggs soon. Everything but them are ready.

What kind of modding should I be shoving on Ackbar. Speed and Protection?

I end at low 20s / high teens with Palp, RG, qgj, Rey, b2. Just avoid Biggs teams and target the double taunter teams and usually 5 guys survive.

I did just get bigs to X so my lineup will change...

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

iGestalt posted:

I ran into a Lando (L), QGJ, Emperor Palpatine, STH and RG group in Galactic War.

Jesus loving christ that is a painful wall of impossibility. I really want them to bring Palp back already as I could field an identical group. Please let them bring him back soon :(

That's actually my favorite match in pvp. Palp, rg, b2, qgj, Rey destroys it. B2 drops the taunts, rg and palp stun londo until he dies and then it's all over it it's 5 on 4.

If it's gw, the key is stuns and dispels. Dakka, AJ, QGJ, sunfac whatever it takes.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Malgrin posted:

The only reason I think this week could happen is because people are saying vague things. Given GW credits and tournament this weekend, next Monday or Thursday makes a lot more sense for ships release, and next Thursday in particular because of the anniversary thing.

Not even EA would release a major barely tested feature on Thanksgiving.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Davethulhu posted:

Hughlander please log in so we can start a raid.

Sorry was out. Logging in now.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Malgrin posted:

Jedi Guardian, as in Jedi Knight Guardian.

Jedi Consular is also a regrettable decision, but actually has value, as opposed to JKG, who has none. Back when there were very few Jedi worth leveling up, JC was worth it to get Yoda.

I use JC in GW sometimes after a bad node 6 or 9 in a Jedi healing team if QGJ or Rey got hurt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Sorry for being MIA for a bit... I think I mentioned on guild chat but this has been a crazy month...

We had Thanksgiving week we're hosting then that Saturday I flew to London for a company Trip returning the next Weds, where my VPS had shut down and I worked to replace it. Until leaving the following Sunday for a work trip to Barcelona (Seeing Rogue One on Thursday before the US!) flew back to the US on Friday, to fly out again Saturday for x-mas break with my family in CA. All my flights have been british air with no wifi so I've been doing clickers and offline bullshit games.

I should be back now and I'm catching up on 9 pages of the thread. I just saw a question from Davethulu if I was still around. I figured if anything came up that people needed me to drop guild leadership they'd PMed me since i know Mal and Dave have done so in the past.

Last year on x-mas break is when I went from 1-60 so I should be uber active now. But if I instead drop the game I'll turn it over before dropping off the face of the earth.