Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

You lose out on some XP but yeah if refreshes are normally worth between 100 and 200 to you it's probably worth it to pay 200 on double rewards day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Stop posted:

Would we also lose the personal guild coins while we are at it? I mean the ones we use to buy furnaces and Rey shards
No, those are yours to keep if you switch guilds or whatever. Only guild raid coins and guild raid points (leaderboard stuff) would be lost.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Found a bearable non Barriss GW strategy... Ben leader, daka, hrs, Lumi, DPS. Daka is my only first string character, anyone else can die and I don't have to restart. Gets through the first 6-8 nodes, then swap in replacement-upgrades, ending with RG.

Ben leader with hrs generate a ton or extra attacks, stuns and ability block and dodge chance mean you don't need 3 healers or 5 Jedi. Kill DPS then sidious then supports.

Gear X Greedo is amazing. Get your DPS to gear X asap for sick protection.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

If Sid didn't feel op against a 5 Jedi heal squad he would be pointless. That's exactly why he exists.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Poggle with phasma and barriss is a complete waste, you would do more damage with a third (50% more than 2!) DPS.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Does Rancor switch count as a droid for anti-droid heroes?

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

There just was such an event but if your arena opponents aren't 7* it helped them just as much as it helped you.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

If you're not able to make progress, farm gear or shards. You could have seven star everything and struggle if your gear levels are low.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Tracula posted:

Might as well do the same as everyone else: http://swgoh.gg/u/tracula/

Did Greedo get a buff at some point? His bomb thing seems to actually hit more often than never now.
He got changed from a slow high-damage attacker with amazing health steal to a medium speed very high damage attacker (without significant health steal) like 2 major updates ago. Dunno how that changed his potency at the time, but his gear X gives him 30 more potency (to a total of 89%), which is more than the most tenacity there is. If you're not there yet 59% is still pretty OK although frankly I have no idea how tenacity and potency interact.

It always hit more often than not for me but I kept him as my best-geared character. Maybe you're just catching up? He hasn't had any changes since they took his health steal away.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Lord Wexia posted:

What is a good route for leveling up? Focus on gear level or stars? It seems like trying to get 7* on a hero would take a lifetime.
It takes much more effort to get a (farmable) character to gear 9 or 10 than to 7 stars.

Realistically you have to do both and the question is really one of character priority. I believe star priority should be DPS (whose damage stats are the reason you use them) > super tank (rg, han, poe) > supports (whose abilities are most important). For gear it's a little more muddled because speed and potency are important for supports, but there are a ton of damage stats on gear for DPS. I would keep them roughly even with a preference to DPS, but finishing whole levels above gear 7 has a big payoff in the form of protection.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Can y'all just put your links in the spreadsheet unless you're asking a question where knowing your inventory would help to answer?

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Does elder heal remove heal debuff now? It used to need to heal to remove debuffs so heal immunity blocked it.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

:L posted:

So what's the best use of the personal guild currency? Should I be just getting shards, or is the armor somehow worth it? Something tells me I should just stick with the shards, but wanted a second opinion on the matter before I blow through 5k coins
I would say getting shards via guild currency is the luxury option. Getting a team geared up is extremely important and several items are either exclusive to raid rewards and the guild store. Maybe buying Rey shards is worth it.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Heals you and stops the droids from killing your dudes after opress' aoe that puts your whole team at 1hp

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Still waiting on Aayla Secura for team Blue Lightsabers (No Plos Allowed)

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Just get some stuns, Daka and HRS are great in GW. Stun the DPS and kill Sid or vice versa.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

It's better to get Old Ben than Barriss "Never Used Outside GW" Offee imo

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Old Ben will let you finish GW and do other things

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Do they make a combo pull-up bar/pez dispenser?

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Mr. Neutron posted:

Really? I only recently unlocked him but I really don't see anything exceptional for GW about him other than the leader ability but relying on dodges is really not my thing.
Gear him up. With the tm change/bug? he goes before the enemy half the time and gives you 2 turns to kill anyone scary while taking precious little damage. I have to slow down on the middle few nodes to let his CD come back (and fill his tm if I can fix it that way).

He's not as good as BO for GW but he's miles ahead of Lumi for teams that aren't five Jedi, and he's actually useful outside GW. It may just mesh well with my heavy disable team but when 80% of their turns are stunned, o.down, or ability blocked and 20% whiff and donate TM you don't take so much damage.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

It's for logging in on any Samsung device, it'll pop up when you log in. I do think you get shards if you have him already.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Any hints at when the next omega materials will be available?

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

DPS benefits the most from stats, so level Geo Soldier before Phasma. The only exception is if you really want to upgrade a skill and need to be higher level to do so - the skill upgrade needs to be worth more than the extra damage and health the DPS gets.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Dr. Venture posted:

So what changed with Fives? Does this mean I should stop doing his hard nodes?
Previously if he applied slow on his first attack, he would attack a second time that turn. Now he only attacks twice if the target is slowed before he attacks/counters.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

The datamined ship data had effects on combat (like leader abilities sort of) as well as assist-like abilities where you called your team's ship in to attack.

I think some of the janky characters (Biggs, Plo, JKAnakin) only have halfkits because of ships.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

2 turn slow is always welcome in raids (jawa is sleeper competent BTW)

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

cowofwar posted:

What are these upcoming coruscant and bespin omega battle events? Do I need coruscant cop?

And ugnaught for bespin!

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Got just enough furnace parts to finish my first furnace from the raid earlier today, took Lando to Gear 9. First arena afterwards was Lando(L), Greedo, HR Scout, Daka, Royal Guard vs. Dooku(L), IG-86, Lumi, QGJ, ST Han.

At first, nothing goes right for me: dooku stuns HRS and Daka, RG fails to stun Han, Greedo bomb gives 3 enemies Offense Up, by the time Lando's first turn starts HRS is at <50%. Well Lando gets crits on IG and QGJ, but then Han taunts and QGJ knocks RG's taunt off and O.Up Dooku finishes HRS off. No daka passive revive, no daka active revive. Luckily AI targets RG, but Lumi heals and it's 3v5, but Lando lands a teamwide crit. No one dies until Lando's next turn when he does it again and it's 3v3, ST Han finally dies to Greedo and I can easily mop up Lumi and Dooku.

If you don't get a snowball rolling he's nothing to write home about but it's sort of a coinflip where you either win or have to actually fight it out. Sort of like Daka!

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

full disclosure immediately after posting that I lost getting into top 50 because lando got 0 crits and then 1 crit (with crit buff against 5) and I failed to kill a single enemy

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Rancor died to a DoT and I didn't get to see the kill animation

Just looking at each other for a while

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Hoth Rebel Scout is definitely the hidden master of cantina shipments for me.

Sidious and Phasma are the opposite. Phasma is still usable but neither is essential.

Old Ben is a monster I don't see as rarely as I'd like or as often as I'd expect.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Just remembering all the challenges I've sat through on autofight makes me mad. Knowing most of them were pointless doesn't really make me feel better.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

iGestalt posted:

Working on Greedo in Arena at the moment - wondering if it'd be better to work on Ackbar? Almost got Teebo to 6*, too. All this grindin' coming together.

Still unable to do reasonable damage on Rancor and have yet to get anybody to Gear 10. Geno Buddy is at Gear 9, though. I hear going to 10 with him breaks his damage - can anybody confirm it?
Greedo is a very good DPS. His damage per turn is stellar but he's slower than the top tier damage dealers. If you can't take advantage of Thermal Detonator (and AoE works best if you stack it) there's no reason to take him over Rey, Geonosian Soldier, or someone at the same speed but harder-hitting like IG-86 or FOTP, except that Greedo is easier to farm. Because there's no one else in Arena shipments that's as good at DPS except IG-88 in a droid team.

Ackbar is not really comparable, he goes on your team if your success depends on giving one of your characters as many turns as possible or you want to combo Yoda's AoE into Battle Meditation. Or use Asajj's two buttons to do the same as Echo's one button. Or double up on Lando's Double Down. He's also reportedly good for clearing deathmark in raid phase 1.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

People at the top of the guild rankings get 50% more guild coins over people at the bottom. It adds up fast.

edit: those numbers are awful mal where did you get them.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Biggs reason: f2p way into upcoming rebel/clone event

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

It depends entirely on his base numbers, like every other character except like QGJ.

Any clues whether Dengar is farmable or Chromium-exclusive?

Notes mentioned:

quote:

Characters who did not have abilities that did special damage but had Gear pieces that gave boosts to special damage have had those gear pieces changed out for pieces without the special damage bonuses.

But it's not clear if this means those heroes will get useful statistics instead or just maybe easier to farm pieces. If they either get useful statistics it's an arena buff, and if it takes away useless statistics it'll at least mean Poggle doesn't balloon your power level for considering GW opponents.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Pro tip: on logging back in, click on the Dengar news item, and "OK" on the B2 Audorium popup!

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

What are the odds they forget to put Phasma into the all-female event?

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Level 8 is 5 Royal Guards and a Palpatine. Don't bother without ST Han and make sure he has enough juice to go first at the end of L7.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

cowofwar posted:

Hmmm which of these lovely troopers with the same worthless minigun spam aoe should i pick? How about none.
Not the one with 20% max potency, that's for sure!

But seriously: Lando