Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spoz
May 25, 2006

So Yoda got buffed pretty significantly. He went from pretty easy to straight demolishing teams.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoz
May 25, 2006

I'll take a transfer to IGD. 914-756-451. Briefly caught the mod precrafting but humbug.

Spoz
May 25, 2006

Malgrin posted:

Cool.

IGD is still mostly active. We only have a couple extra spots. Seems like GGA and QGJ could probably combine at this point, although I don't know how many inactives GGA has atm (although we would find out pretty quick if all the actives left GGA for QGJ).

Just added you as an ally.

e: This game is slightly less of a flaming dumpster, so I've restored the OP. I also wrote up a section on mods. Lemme know what you think.

Sent the request to IGD as Mr Meeseeks

Spoz
May 25, 2006

Wintermutant posted:

You know, I think that's the one character in this game that I haven't encountered once in arena or GW. Is he any good at all?

There are two people in my arena shard that run him. I'm down in the <100 and he's 7* and modded in an HK-47 team. The AI is absolutely garbage with him and his damage and survivability seem kinda anemic.

Spoz
May 25, 2006

Malgrin posted:

This is worth reading about if you are trying to put minimal effort into unlocking mods

https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/4x7k48/minimum_requirements_to_3_t3_of_mod_challenges/

And here I was thinking I could get by at 5* for the most part...

Spoz
May 25, 2006

Malgrin posted:

Well, if you're looking to win, you can probably do it with less than what they are showing. If you want to be able to sim it, yeah, not going to be easy.

I've got most people to 4* but the 65 shards to 5* is still gonna take a while. Thinking of prioritizing the 1st order one since I have phasma and kylo nearly maxed from way back when. The reddit didn't go into depth about mods so I'm hoping that I can pilfer my A team mods for a bit.

Spoz
May 25, 2006

If it becomes a free for all it will end within 30 minutes and incentivizes dumping as much damage as possible and ending the raid to secure your position. This will basically leave many people's position up to whatever inane sorting method the game uses for ranking 0 damage people.

I'm far from a 2 million damage guy but I can throw up 400k on p2 or 200k autoing p4 and that looks to be about where most people fall generally.

Spoz
May 25, 2006

mushroom_spore posted:

Sadly nope, still too new for that, just hit level 40. :)

Don't let that stop you! There are a few characters that are really easy to 7* although their effectiveness might not be amazing. I want to say Biggs is probably the easiest to mass obtain shards for?

Spoz
May 25, 2006

Davethulhu posted:

As I've said upthread, I think the best strategy for mods is to check shipments. At 2-3 million credits for a good 5 dot mod, you can afford a couple per week if you can do the credit heist.

I've honestly never seen a speed mod in the shop sell for credits. They always run like 2000+ crystals.

Spoz
May 25, 2006

I've been getting back into the game after a few month hiatus. Quit before ships were a thing. Could I get an invite to one of the guilds? Ally code is 914-756-451.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoz
May 25, 2006

Fecha posted:

Is there gonna be some kind of story mode content update or did they really just give it a total non ending

Its DLC.