Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

MarcusSA posted:

It's a hard press in the main screen and it only takes a second.

Yea, not working for me. Maybe because I've spent real money on the game.

Oh Spider-Man is only 1k crystals in AA because he's early access, so lets hope they have a Spiderverse event and give us Miles, Gwen, Cindy, and hopefully Miguel and Ben.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Academy really flipped the switch last night.

Now suddenly you need rank 3 panther, which is something like 80 hours from the Captain America display, and about 20k vibranium.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Also Shield Agents seem to need 2x the battle plans to train now.

It's annoying that outside of Nebula, all the Guardians are locked in whatever level you had them at when the event ended, you cannot upgrade them with gold, only the event currency. Nebula you can upgrade with gold, only 50k. Though I understood it was going to happen, it's still annoying to go straight from it to the CW event because I haven't even started the Maria Hill questline.

Though the update did enable you gain levels beyond 29.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yondu is also upgradeable. It's the 2 premiums.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Aphrodite posted:

Yondu is also upgradeable. It's the 2 premiums.

When offered 2 blue people for money, I'm going to go with the babe.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yondu was able to generate one disrupter for fighting every 4 hours, so I bought him.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

twistedmentat posted:

Also Shield Agents seem to need 2x the battle plans to train now.

It's annoying that outside of Nebula, all the Guardians are locked in whatever level you had them at when the event ended, you cannot upgrade them with gold, only the event currency. Nebula you can upgrade with gold, only 50k. Though I understood it was going to happen, it's still annoying to go straight from it to the CW event because I haven't even started the Maria Hill questline.

Though the update did enable you gain levels beyond 29.

The Guardians are gonna get a method of leveling them up normally, it's just gonna come a bit later.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Aphrodite posted:

Academy really flipped the switch last night.

Now suddenly you need rank 3 panther, which is something like 80 hours from the Captain America display, and about 20k vibranium.

They want me to upgrade the Wakanda embassy, but two things needed for it don't drop from anything.

Needing daggers for everything sucks too. The Guardians event was a lot more fair than this. I'm never going to upgrade Wonder Man because I need poo poo for Spidey and getting the decorations and Captain Falcon and all the other characters they'll be releasing.

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

PEARL GROWLS "TAKE OFF THAT SHIRT, STEVEN." I COMPLY, REVEALING THE FULL LENGTH SHIRT TATTOO. PEARL RETREATS INTO HER GEM, DEFEATED.

Codependent Poster posted:

They want me to upgrade the Wakanda embassy, but two things needed for it don't drop from anything.

Needing daggers for everything sucks too. The Guardians event was a lot more fair than this. I'm never going to upgrade Wonder Man because I need poo poo for Spidey and getting the decorations and Captain Falcon and all the other characters they'll be releasing.

Yeah, don't build the 3rd things for Iron Man or Cap until Black Panther is leveled up. Those things that upgrade the Embassy drop from level 4 Hydra goons, which are also items needed to unlock Crossbones. But when you build those two buildings, Crossbones unlocks but you only have 7 days to get him, and getting him requires killing level 4 Hydra goons, which really means you need level 4 bots and recruits, which you can't get until Panther is level 3. I think I may have screwed myself by getting too far ahead, and the 2 hours it takes to build these stupid robots is just dragging me down hard...

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Codependent Poster posted:

Those items drop from level 4 thugs. You don't want to upgrade the embassy right now though because those items are needed for Crossbones, and it takes 3 level 3 recruits/robots to take down a level 4. So you won't exactly be swimming in them.

mania
Sep 9, 2004
It's not confirmed, but one of the theories going around now is that they accidentally released the week 3 content early as Crossbones's event timer is frozen. So hopefully that means we have 10 days to work towards getting Crossbones.

I'm working on upgrading Black Panther to lvl 3 and getting the 3 field communicators & field gears so that I can upgrade the robots & agents to lvl 4.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

GLOSS posted:

Yeah, don't build the 3rd things for Iron Man or Cap until Black Panther is leveled up. Those things that upgrade the Embassy drop from level 4 Hydra goons, which are also items needed to unlock Crossbones. But when you build those two buildings, Crossbones unlocks but you only have 7 days to get him, and getting him requires killing level 4 Hydra goons, which really means you need level 4 bots and recruits, which you can't get until Panther is level 3. I think I may have screwed myself by getting too far ahead, and the 2 hours it takes to build these stupid robots is just dragging me down hard...

I haven't gotten that far, but last time there was a counter to getting a character it was just for a bonus, not the character. I remember panicing during the Hulk event about that, but still got Red Hulk even though his quest timer went down.

Though they keep trying new stuff with each event, just as long as they don't go the direction Family Guy does.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Not supposed to be here today

GLOSS posted:

It's not actually building those that triggers the counter starting, it's getting the quest. The quest comes after a half hour quest to have Wasp go through the tires in Cap's obstacle course, so hold off on that until you're ready for the counter to start.

No one is really sure if that quest counter will lock you out of Crossbones or if only the main counter that's frozen at 6:23:59 matters, though. Support hasn't really been clear.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

The Reddit for Avengers Academy is an excellent source of info.

https://www.reddit.com/r/avengersacademygame/

Like I learnt all kinds of fascinating tips. Like there are cheaper ways of skipping certain tasks, like getting Black Panther to level 3.

To get BP to level 3 you need 10,000 + Vibrinium, 50 Daggers and 20 of those Black Panther cowls that drop every 4 hours from the Cap statue. To collect them all would take you at least 80 hours.
Now if you try and fast track the task (spending shards to complete it) it will cost you thousands of shards.
But the guys on the Reddit did the math and worked out it calculates it at something like 1 shard = 19 vibrinium. 20 shards = 1 Dagger, etc.. And to fast complete the drop for a Black Panther cowel from the Cap Statue is something like 20-40 shards.

But if you have all the Vibrinium and Daggers And go fast complete Black Panther's upgrade when you don't have all the cowls, it calculates it as 1 shard = 1 cowl.
For me, that meant this morning when I had the 10,000+ Vibrinium, 50 daggers but only 8 Cowls, I only had to spend 12 shards to get Black Panther. Considering that 12 cowls would have taken me at a minimum 48 hours to get, this was a no brainer.

I now have a rank 3 Black Panther and I should have started the research on the level 4 droids by lunch time.

They also say that (mathmatically) it works out cheaper to pay shards for the Belts/ Radios you don't have then sending three robots/agents to take down 1 Hydra guy.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

In fact, according to a post there, the timer that's currently counting down for Crossbones is only for the tokens. Once you have all of the tokens you get a cutscene where you beat him at arm wrestling, and the timer goes away letting you collect the other stuff you need.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Well I got Crossbones. That was much easier than expected.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006

Aphrodite posted:

Well I got Crossbones. That was much easier than expected.

I'm less than an hour out from having his materials together. Weird getting the week 3 character before week 3 starts, I don't even know what I'll have to do other than save up materials and probably upgrade my guys to level 6 before doing the Agent 13 challenge.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Agent 13 can't be upgraded beyond 2 right now. I don't know what Panther's limit is, but I bet it isn't 6 yet either.

Your best bet is actually to focus on updating your recruits and robots.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006

Aphrodite posted:

Your best bet is actually to focus on updating your recruits and robots.

That is what I meant by upgrading my guys. They're at 5 now, it'll just take a little bit to get the level 6 stuff together, since I'm going to get Crossbones first. And probably upgrade the Wakanda embassy, too. The challenge I mentioned is for the Agent 13 bobblehead, it's easier with level 6 guys than level 5 and I don't see a reason to hurry.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Gamble boxes have landed in Academy.

This one can give you a Spidey bobblehead, Cap's jeep, a Spidey dark room building, and Giant Man costume.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
I was hoping no one would buy them because not knowing how much you need to spend on content you want is the worst and if they made no money TinyCo wouldn't make more, but there are already people reporting spending 1500 shards on random boxes.

I dread them ever putting a character in one of those boxes. Costumes without sped up actions I can do without.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I bought one box, got 4500 vibranium so, not so bad. Though Sif is coming soon, and I know i'm going to drop money on her.

Dammit, stop making your premium characters cool ladies!

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

There's only one thing in the mountains that leaves a track like this. The creature of legend that roams the Timberline. My people named him Sasquatch. You call him... Bigfoot.
Apparently the gamble boxes are sort of a countdown- every time you get a prize from them, it's removed from the randomizer, so eventually you're guaranteed the costume. (Two of the prizes are 'more crystals than it cost to buy the box in the first place')

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

The newest update is out. It adds Sif and "Capbuster Iron Man". Sif is Premium and Capbuster is unlocked through normal gameplay.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Look at this.

Look at this. Look at how ridiculous it is.

I need it.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Hah sif being 15bux. But I like how one of things you need to collect for the Capbuster are Apple Pies.

I know this isn't about a mobile game, but I just bought Lego Avengers, and i can't figure out at what point the game will let you select characters in free roam.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Other than Spider-Woman, premium characters are always $15 or more. She's one of the cheap ones.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Aphrodite posted:

Other than Spider-Woman, premium characters are always $15 or more. She's one of the cheap ones.

I swear I paid $10 for Simon.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

A wiki page says both he and Sif were 495.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Aphrodite posted:

A wiki page says both he and Sif were 495.

I must have had some crystals beforehand then. I really cannot get any interest in getting Crossbones, so I've been doing the training and arm wrestling, but i've been using the other dropped items and vibranium to upgrade the embassy and Wonderman.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Once you get the tokens you can get him whenever anyway.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Madame Hydra is up for recruitment. You have to beat her guards, which requires creating a specific kind of soldier for it.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

TFRazorsaw posted:

Madame Hydra is up for recruitment. You have to beat her guards, which requires creating a specific kind of soldier for it.

Correction: You can beat her guards with anyone, which is good because there's a few goons that have more than 1000 HP. You still need Resistant robots/agents to attack Madame Hydra herself, though.

Also, one bit of advice. The timer for Madame Hydra resetting doesn't start until you attack her guards, so make sure you have as many robots/agents ready as possible plus some extra construction items ready when you start each fight.

EDIT: To be clear, when I say reset I don't mean a streak like Ronan. If you lose during the second fight, she resets to her strength at the start of the second fight.

Lurks With Wolves fucked around with this message at 04:41 on May 25, 2016

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I was a few tokens shy of Crossbones, is there another chance down the road or am I SOL?

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

The fight to beat Red Skull and unlock the Winter Soldier is on. You need to have your soldiers up to level six at least to get the drops for Bucky's items, I think.

mania
Sep 9, 2004
The research for lvl 6 resistant bots & agents needs items that are dropped by lvl 10 Hydra. But even with lvl 5 resistant bots/agents it should be doable with some careful time planning.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Red Skulls guards regenerate too fast, so I could only get to streak 4 before he reset, and that was spending crystals to complete some guys to beat him up. I've resigned to not being able to get Bucky, but I got everyone else, so it's not so bad. I've also maxed out BP and Agent 13 in levels, so not so bad.

Hoping they'll lay off events for a bit so I have time to unlock Maria Hill.

I feel like Avengers Academy is a game where you need to set alarms to remind you to go back in so you don't miss anything.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

It's pretty bullshit that his guards regenerate in an hour, and it takes 2 hours to make one of yours

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Gotta drop 100 to extend 24 hours, but I'll have streak 7 around 1am.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
Winter Soldier and Spider-Man are both "Early Access" so the only thing necessary is getting all the rest of the characters to Rank 5, right?

• Locked thread