Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Ugh, the only thing I actually want from this is Carol and I don't think I'm going to get there on time.

Guess I'll wait until Avengers 4 and hope they give her for free

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

MAA is adding Voyager, that new forgotten-hero-who-was-there-all-along character that's going to be in Avengers.

I wonder if they'll keep the forgotten gimmick in the game.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

... isn’t that The Sentry’s bit

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah but it was Voyager's first.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Here's a video they posted on the changes to Academy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdAk1isD1Xg

Looks like it's becoming like a hybrid of the time based tapper it is now, and Galaxy of Heroes/Strike Force. So, like Futurama.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I'm cool with that unless they really gently caress up how to collect heroes and upgrade them. Too much RNG ruins the game, that's why I dropped Futurama.

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

PEARL GROWLS "TAKE OFF THAT SHIRT, STEVEN." I COMPLY, REVEALING THE FULL LENGTH SHIRT TATTOO. PEARL RETREATS INTO HER GEM, DEFEATED.
The new update is up, time to grind through a whole bunch of tutorials...

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Do not build the new tech lab thing before the mission for it pops up or you’ll completely lock your progress.

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

PEARL GROWLS "TAKE OFF THAT SHIRT, STEVEN." I COMPLY, REVEALING THE FULL LENGTH SHIRT TATTOO. PEARL RETREATS INTO HER GEM, DEFEATED.

Aphrodite posted:

Do not build the new tech lab thing before the mission for it pops up or you’ll completely lock your progress.

OOPS

EDIT: If you wanna see some broken poo poo, tap your current level. It's almost like they're forcing poo poo out before it's ready!?!

GLOSS fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Feb 6, 2018

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

GLOSS posted:

OOPS

EDIT: If you wanna see some broken poo poo, tap your current level. It's almost like they're forcing poo poo out before it's ready!?!

Since when is that new for a mobile game?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The bug is fixed now.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Not sure about this update, I'm already playing too many fighting games. I guess they did have to change something because they couldn't handle continuing on with expensive events and adding 2 chars and buildings per week. The new UI is pretty ugly, the blue reminds me of messing with old Windows themes. I've been focusing on getting Jane Foster Thor to rank 5 for the past few weeks since she's my last A-Force token and now she's currently not rankable. Because she's not a fighter I guess? Even though she was able to fight in two events recently and already has the animations. My gold income has vanished, I guess I need to slog my way through the fight board to get to where I'm supposed to be.

In theory if you can choose between your whole roster and they all had unique animations that vary with costumes this could be cool. I guess I'll keep plugging away at it and see how things turn out if they keep updating and have a black panther event.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The new system requires new animations, and a Heroic fight board for each fighter so they'll probably be adding new fighters at a trickle over time.

Non fighters can still be ranked up, but some just can't right now for some reason.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

So, now you do missions, to get energy, and you use that energy to fight, which gets you money.

I'm not going to lie, I don't think I like this. It's going to be hard making money now, especially considering that you can't use most of your heroes for battle.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Yeah given how the game's been so far, I was worried as soon as they mentioned permanent upgrades. It's not like TinyCo is going to NOT monetize stuff, so it just sounds like they'll find new ways to do it.

havok9
Aug 16, 2005

Does anyone know the Type strength and weaknesses, across Tech, Physical, Science, Cosmic, Mystic?
It looks like physical might do well against tech but I dunno...

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

havok9 posted:

Does anyone know the Type strength and weaknesses, across Tech, Physical, Science, Cosmic, Mystic?
It looks like physical might do well against tech but I dunno...

They're all broken right now except Wasp and Wiccan, who do bonus damage to everything.

it's supposed to be Physical > Mystic > Cosmic > Science > Tech > Physical

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
SO who is worth leveling? I've leveled a bunch of people up to 10, and some of them are lower on the list than people who are level 1. This includes improving skills and such too. ONly rarity is hard because I can't raise by power level up high enough to unlock past level 2.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Wasp and Tony. Other than that I'd say level up whoever you have at rank 5 before the others. Then check which rarity tokens are up next, so after Wasp and Tony, I'm leveling Loki and Widow since they're next with the available tokens.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
I think I like how combat is a more permanent fixture where you don't have to keep leveling up the stats from scratch during every event, and also how you can choose which rank costume the character can wear - just wish that bit worked properly.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

This update is kind of making me fall out of love with the game. I don't enjoy having to sit through combat animations to get the money I need to upgrade my characters.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The early characters you can get shards for early are Tony, Wasp, Widow, Loki, both kinds of Bucky (not Cap, even though they look very similar), and Enchantress. You should probably use Tony since he gets gold for free, then add another tank. Not sure if kid Bucky is a tank or not, I used Cap because their icons look so similar I didn’t realize it wasn’t for him. Now it’s too late, I put in tons of XP.

Support don’t actually do much until they get to gold tier so I haven’t even bothered with Loki.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Aphrodite posted:

The early characters you can get shards for early are Tony, Wasp, Widow, Loki, both kinds of Bucky (not Cap, even though they look very similar), and Enchantress. You should probably use Tony since he gets gold for free, then add another tank. Not sure if kid Bucky is a tank or not, I used Cap because their icons look so similar I didn’t realize it wasn’t for him. Now it’s too late, I put in tons of XP.

Support don’t actually do much until they get to gold tier so I haven’t even bothered with Loki.

1 tank 4 strikers works really well early on, since Gold Tony is a souped up tank. I'm using Gold Tony, Silver Wasp, Silver Widow, Spiderwoman and Wiccan and working my way through tier 4 now..

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It works most fights really but every once in a while there's an enemy type who can one shot your attackers so you want a couple of tanks to take the hits first.

Lemurian melee guys in map 3 can do heavy hits even on tanks so just Tony alone wasn't enough to tank them.

Also I found them helpful to win against god drat AIM scientists since you take a lot of extra hits from their missile stun.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

PSA: the newest AvAc update seems to have severely nerfed combat by limiting max character levels to 10 (was 20, and unenforced).

This may be a temporary move to keep people from steamrolling the BP event.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Old Kentucky Shark posted:

PSA: the newest AvAc update seems to have severely nerfed combat by limiting max character levels to 10 (was 20, and unenforced).

This may be a temporary move to keep people from steamrolling the BP event.

It wasn't 20, it was whatever your academy level is.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

Aphrodite posted:

It wasn't 20, it was whatever your academy level is.

Yeah, but it maxed out at 20 for levels 30-40 (ie, where everyone was stuck at in the old game). Now it's 10 all the way up through 40+.

EDIT: oh, wait, this may be the mission board bug that was supposed to be fixed in 2.1 But instead of fixing the bug, they just transferred it to me instead. Great.

Old Kentucky Shark fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Feb 16, 2018

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
So, basically everyone I know playing this has stopped playing regularly or just straight up dropped it. Looking at reviews since the big change, it seems like people aren't happy at all with the changes. I know i went from checking it multiple times a day to maybe once a day.

They just dumped so much god drat stuff on us at once, and its really confusing the navigate.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Yeah that's pretty much where I am. It's just kind of a pain now and kind of dull. I just go in and dump the same people in the same battles that I have no control over, and do that until I run out of energy or have to backtrack to level up.

Not that it was super fun before but it's not at all now.

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

I'm forcing myself to get Shuri but after that I think I'm done too unless they dangle Viv in front of me

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Same here. I tried halfheartedly to get through the first regular and event combat zones but starting from near scratch after putting so much into the game last fall kinda killed it for me. I'm already playing 2 other games for the combat, and kinda liked just logging in to send people on tasks and doing the occasional series of combats for an event. I was pretty much 2/3 done with getting everyone I cared about to 5 stars and now there's rarity and combat level too. Meh.

I think they could have kept me had they had all the chars combat ready letting you take a handful of your favorites into the black panther fights. Even if it was subject to their rock-paper-scissors crap. Give generic rarity tokens instead of the iron man then wasp ones, and let me fight Klaw with Captain Marvel, Devil Dinosaur and Howard the Duck.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

That's my other problem, I didn't bother enough with the regular fights so I can't increase anyone's abilities, just slowly level them up.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I kinda like this more because I don't have to check the timers as much and choose between drops for leveling characters or special event drops with board missions.

I'm playing less, but I think that's actually a good thing.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Yea I leveled a bunch of people but none help with the BP events, and I'm not able to progress.

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

This game requires an "autoplay if you've 3 starred this battle" option so bad, it makes Galaxy of Heroes so much easier to play and you don't have to slog through 30 seconds of 4x animation every time you wanna grind through for level up items...

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Sometimes it's actually faster to force close the game and restart it than watch the fight.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I'm still trying to figure out why there's an Auto button when you can't directly control anything

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

All it does is trigger the special moves characters get at rarity 3 (gold) ASAP.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

GLOSS posted:

This game requires an "autoplay if you've 3 starred this battle" option so bad, it makes Galaxy of Heroes so much easier to play and you don't have to slog through 30 seconds of 4x animation every time you wanna grind through for level up items...

They’re supposed to add some quality of life features this week, possibly including this and the ability to remember your last team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
My biggest problem is i'm stuck on the same battles for the lat week and a bit becuase just levels don't increase power enough to be able to beat the enemies. I'm hoping the next event is better organized, because there's way to much poo poo going on in this.

if you like Galaxy of Heroes, Marvel Strike Force which is in beta test in at least Canada and NZ that I know if. The roster isn't very deep, but as I said, its still in beta.

• Locked thread