Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

And getting all of the buildings and cosmetic stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They just dropped Red Skull's Cell, and some new mystery boxes. The boxes are only 1200 vibranium, and contain 25 Hydra medallions, 60 shards, some upgrade items and a bunch of cosmetic items. For 18000 vibranium you get it all. Very cheap, very worth doing.

It ended up being slightly cheaper for me to just rush my bots before Red Skull's timer expired than to reset his timer, so I beat streak 7. I am so glad they dropped the cell before I clicked on updating Bucky, because the cell costs 100 Hydra medals. If I had upgraded Bucky (who as early access will be upgradeable later by normal means, but I was going to do rank 3 anyway because I thought there was nothing left to use my medals on) and that left me 40 short on the cell I'd have been pretty mad.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Yea, I got all the boxes I could, which nabbed me a lot of stuff which was great. And yes, it's complete BS that RS guards regenerate so fast, Vyper's took like 12 hours to come back. Though I cannot get Bucky's bike because I haven't been able to level my troops to level 10 to get the items I need.

Ronan's cell is dropping some kind of token now, but I have no idea what it does.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The bike only costs like 20 shards to skip, which you get from the boxes.

Napoleon Nelson
Nov 8, 2012

I just bought all the new boxes, and I figured that since I had the vibranium I'd get them all in a row. Now I don't see any of the decorations on the map, even after restarting. Has anyone else had this happen?

I definitely could be missing something obvious, I'm still new at the game.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They go in your inventory. Press the rearrange button, then the green box one to open your inventory.

Napoleon Nelson
Nov 8, 2012

Aphrodite posted:

They go in your inventory. Press the rearrange button, then the green box one to open your inventory.
Thanks! I've got a lot of rearranging to do now.

mania
Sep 9, 2004

twistedmentat posted:

Though I cannot get Bucky's bike because I haven't been able to level my troops to level 10 to get the items I need.

Bucky's bike needs the green belts/yellow stripe communicators which drop from mid lvl thugs. It's Sleeping Panther that requires the lvl 10 drops.

If all you need is the lvl 10 drops, it might be possible but the timing might be tight:
  • You'll need to get to lvl 9 to fight Hydra lvl10.
  • Lvl 8-9 research takes 12 hours each.
  • It takes 12 robots/agents each to take down 1 Hydra lvl 10. That's 24 hs of robot/agent training. But on the plus side, you only need to fight one.
  • On top of that, you'll need to fight 2 Hydra lvl 9 before the lvl 10s appear. I also had to fight one Hydra lvl 8 before my lvl 9s appeared, but I don't know if it's the same for everyone. Anyway that was another 14 hours of training.

That will take at least 2 days I think? Anyway you can also use 40 shards to skip the lvl 10 items for Sleeping Panther.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Oh crap, you're right. I never bothered to look at how much it would cost to skip the sleeping panther. Though now I'm stuck with 14 more cap cards to get, and only at streak 3 with Red Skull.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

How do you get the Wakandan Embassay to level 3? I've unlocked everyone except crossbones and BP is levelled up all the way, not sure what trigger I'm missing here

mania
Sep 9, 2004

Retro Futurist posted:

How do you get the Wakandan Embassay to level 3? I've unlocked everyone except crossbones and BP is levelled up all the way, not sure what trigger I'm missing here

Try looking for it in the menu, either under the middle tab with the Avengers logo or the Building tab.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

I'm debating on wether to try and unlock Bucky or focus on ranking up Madame Hydra. I just need those USB drives for her.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

mania posted:

Try looking for it in the menu, either under the middle tab with the Avengers logo or the Building tab.

Ah, ok so it's just there instead of available from clicking right on the place like every other area. Thanks

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

There was a mission to update the embassy to 3. Maybe it was a Crossbones mission though, I didn't notice.

Liar Lyre posted:

I'm debating on wether to try and unlock Bucky or focus on ranking up Madame Hydra. I just need those USB drives for her.

I'd go for Hydra. Bucky is just an early unlock, he's coming in the story later. So unlocking and leveling Bucky in the future will be much easier/cheaper than whatever catch-up rank mechanic they add for event characters. Nobody knows exactly what it's going to be yet, but considering that for GotG premium characters it was 100k+ a rank I wouldn't expect it to be cheap.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Academy has an update on the iOS store but it hasn't launched yet, but it looks like we'll jump right into a new event. Brit themed with Black Knight, Captain Britain, and Union Jack.
I'm assuming it's a smaller one like the Pepper one was, but I guess we'll find out in a few hours

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They might just be patching it in early for later. People have been saying they promised a break and regular game update first.

mania
Sep 9, 2004
Yeah, some TinyCo dude was on the reddit sub and said there's gonna be a few days break, mini event (UK Marvel), then the big summer event which is supposed to be even bigger then GotG and Civil War.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

The end of this one teased Sinister Six so it sounds like that'll be the big one

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
2 days ago I had 10 cap cards, and today, I have 11 cap cards.

I wonder if Captain Britain will look like current, Excalibur Captain Britain, or classic, Lannister Captain Britain. I have been playing Lego Avengers and they have the old school outfit on him, because the one everyone actually knows is too tied into an excellent but forgotten X-men title from the 80s and 90s. Actually the fact the X Mansion is replaced by the Avengers facility between Lego Marvel and Lego Avengers is pretty telling.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

I screwed up and couldn't upgrade Madame Hydra. I really hope there's to upgrade the event heroes in the future.

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

PEARL GROWLS "TAKE OFF THAT SHIRT, STEVEN." I COMPLY, REVEALING THE FULL LENGTH SHIRT TATTOO. PEARL RETREATS INTO HER GEM, DEFEATED.

Liar Lyre posted:

I screwed up and couldn't upgrade Madame Hydra. I really hope there's to upgrade the event heroes in the future.

I'm wondering if that's what the tokens both Red Skull and Ronan are dropping right now are gonna go towards. When I was collecting them during the event it was flagging they were used for upgrades to Madame Hydra and Spidey (and Pepper but she upgrades normally so who knows.).

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Not supposed to be here today

Liar Lyre posted:

They've said there will be- I believe a month after the GotG event for the non-premium characters from that event was mentioned, so we should find out soon how hard it will be.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

And just like that you can get GotG emblems from the mission board to upgrade heroes. Now I hope for a chance to get the heroes, items and costumes I missed.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I was just about to post that. Also, a friend of mine who is far ahead of me, but started nearly 3 weeks after I did, told me his secret is never bother with missions that don't drop anything other than money; cancel quests until you get at least a pym particle or a textbook.

I'm curious what this big summer event will be, I just hope they won't add more waifus to the premium character slots.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I have no debris and 250 pym particles.

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

PEARL GROWLS "TAKE OFF THAT SHIRT, STEVEN." I COMPLY, REVEALING THE FULL LENGTH SHIRT TATTOO. PEARL RETREATS INTO HER GEM, DEFEATED.
Does anyone else find it funny that we have a potential "British Invasion" event going on during the Fourth of July? Someone at TinyCo has a sense of humor I guess...

Also it looks like the Guardians emblems only drop singles on Heroic missions (at least that's what's flagged up for me so far) and considering Groot will take 90 emblems to upgrade I guess it's gonna be awhile...

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

twistedmentat posted:

I was just about to post that. Also, a friend of mine who is far ahead of me, but started nearly 3 weeks after I did, told me his secret is never bother with missions that don't drop anything other than money; cancel quests until you get at least a pym particle or a textbook.

I'm curious what this big summer event will be, I just hope they won't add more waifus to the premium character slots.

You can game the system if you know how to do it.

Like the Mission Board always has to ha e one mission with text books.

So say you complete all six missions but don't collect them until they are all finished.
Then you collect the mission with the rewards you want (the textbooks.)
You then get a new textbook mission. But if it's an 8 hour dancing mission you just discard it.
The mission goes blank and you get a new mission in 30 minutes. Meanwhile you have five other completed missions ready for collection.
You collect another mission and the new mission that one gives you will be one that rewards text books.

The trick is to keep cycling missions until you get a 1 minute/3 minute mission that rewards 1-2 textbooks over an 8 hour mission that rewards 4 textbooks.

That's how I leveled up all my normal heroes.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Not supposed to be here today

GLOSS posted:

Does anyone else find it funny that we have a potential "British Invasion" event going on during the Fourth of July? Someone at TinyCo has a sense of humor I guess...

Also it looks like the Guardians emblems only drop singles on Heroic missions (at least that's what's flagged up for me so far) and considering Groot will take 90 emblems to upgrade I guess it's gonna be awhile...

The next event is supposed to be a mini event, so it probably won't last until July.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
The Eng-ger-Land event is up. Brian is a premium character, and of course, he's wearing his old school Marvel UK costume, because the costume that people actually know is tainted by too much exposure to X-men.

God this is so loving stupid. I hope Pearlmutter has a stroke or something.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
Ha, never let it be said Tony can't find a way to be insufferable in any given situation.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

twistedmentat posted:

The Eng-ger-Land event is up. Brian is a premium character, and of course, he's wearing his old school Marvel UK costume, because the costume that people actually know is tainted by too much exposure to X-men.

God this is so loving stupid. I hope Pearlmutter has a stroke or something.

On the bright side, at least his other two outfits look good. Not as iconic as his Excalibur-era costume, but I'd be ready and willing to leave him in his level 3 costume.

Also, two things to keep in mind about Captain Britain: he has a four hour action that drops one scroll, and his first quest action involves him putting a translucent union jack over the quad for two hours straight and it's kind of annoying.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Glad I didn't buy him. At least Sif has an action where she beats up Loki for an hour.

Napoleon Nelson
Nov 8, 2012

Lurks With Wolves posted:

On the bright side, at least his other two outfits look good. Not as iconic as his Excalibur-era costume, but I'd be ready and willing to leave him in his level 3 costume.

Also, two things to keep in mind about Captain Britain: he has a four hour action that drops one scroll, and his first quest action involves him putting a translucent union jack over the quad for two hours straight and it's kind of annoying.

I really wish they'd gone with his MI:13 costume. It's so much cleaner and less busy.

Hopefully we'll be able to recruit Pete Wisdom (John the Skrull as a premium?)

Napoleon Nelson fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Jun 10, 2016

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
Got the last few thingies needed to recruit Union Jack in what must have been the nick of time. I was worried I missed out when I did'my see him on the quad but there he was in the store with an invite button.

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

Huh, of all the things in this game, I was NOT expecting them to flat out drop Union Jack telling Black Widow that he's gay into it. Good for you, TinyCo.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Game just gave me 20 chalices randomly, claiming it screwed up earlier, so now I'm just one fight away from getting BK. Thanks game

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I wasn't about to beat BK at all for the first few days, he'd always knock out my party right away, but suddenly, his two attacks in a row stopped happening constantly. So i'm only 2 victories away, so there's a chance. Considering I've been sleeping like garbage because of the calcification of ligament in my shoulder right now, so I can fight every 3 hours.

I don't have Union Jack so that's why I had so much trouble beating BK.

Hoping the big Summer event is a A-force Event, though it will probably be Inhumans.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's probably Spider-Man. There's a lot of Spider-Man and Sinister Six stuff being added with recent updates.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

obvious pretool
I can't wait to see what high school AU stereotype they turn Green Goblin into.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

TFRazorsaw posted:

I can't wait to see what high school AU stereotype they turn Green Goblin into.

Probably do it as Harry. If Spider-Man event gives us Silk and Spider-Gwen i'd be happy.

• Locked thread