Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Gwen is unofficially confirmed, she's in the files.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Just a heads up after you get 100 chalices you still have to beat BK 1 more time, because life is pain.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
I got BK a couple of days ago and the Gallop Away animation is glorious :allears:

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Well, there it is

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Retro Futurist posted:

Just a heads up after you get 100 chalices you still have to beat BK 1 more time, because life is pain.

gently caress you TinyCo. I thought I had a chance.

Aphrodite posted:

Gwen is unofficially confirmed, she's in the files.

Is there any indication if she's premium or a regular character?

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Yeah, there is not way I can get rank 5 for either Union Jack or Black Knight. It would be super cool if they allowed us to upgrade them after the event, but I doubt it.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Liar Lyre posted:

Yeah, there is not way I can get rank 5 for either Union Jack or Black Knight. It would be super cool if they allowed us to upgrade them after the event, but I doubt it.

They have to be, it's nearly impossible to get Black Knight to 5 during.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Not supposed to be here today

Liar Lyre posted:

All the previous short events that gave characters that could be upgraded with coins instead of event currency let you upgrade them after. Anyone that uses coins is basically the same as a story character, just with a limited time to recruit them.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Level 5 sif requires 100k coins, level 3 nebula, 56k.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006

twistedmentat posted:

Level 5 sif requires 100k coins, level 3 nebula, 56k.

That's only after the events are over. During the events they were upgraded using event currency.

Let me put it another way: every character from an event without its own special currency has been able to be upgraded for the same cost after the event. Characters from events with special currencies will eventually be upgradable, but for a lot of coins.

langurmonkey
Oct 29, 2011

Getting healthy by posting on the Internet
The cost to upgrade Black Knight to level 3 hasn't changed now that the event has finished and I am still getting drops for the saddles so I think it'll be ok upgrading for the rest.

That matches up with how Red Hulk and A-bomb worked as well.

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

PEARL GROWLS "TAKE OFF THAT SHIRT, STEVEN." I COMPLY, REVEALING THE FULL LENGTH SHIRT TATTOO. PEARL RETREATS INTO HER GEM, DEFEATED.
Looks like the Spider-Man event is already up and running, with a new update out and the first Spider-Man related task already popping up for me. Right now it says Black Cat, Ock, Goblin and Spider-Gwen are the new characters in the update notes, we'll have to see if either Goblin or Ock are actually recruitable or they'll be the one(s) we shove into a glass box when all of this is done...

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

GLOSS posted:

Looks like the Spider-Man event is already up and running, with a new update out and the first Spider-Man related task already popping up for me. Right now it says Black Cat, Ock, Goblin and Spider-Gwen are the new characters in the update notes, we'll have to see if either Goblin or Ock are actually recruitable or they'll be the one(s) we shove into a glass box when all of this is done...

The quests are basically place holders. You complete them and get a message about how the event is "coming soon"

So get them out of the way, but don't rush them as you won't start earning rewards from it.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006

GLOSS posted:

we'll have to see if either Goblin or Ock are actually recruitable or they'll be the one(s) we shove into a glass box when all of this is done...

Looks like they are recruitable, data miner says they have 3 costumes. So does Lizard, so he should be recruitable too.

New Wave Jose
Aug 20, 2008
I just started playing the game. Any tips for beginners?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Unless you're sending guys off before you go to sleep, it's always more efficient to discard heroic missions. The coin per time rate sucks.

This doesn't always apply during events, where often heroics are the only source of some needed items.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Oh drat!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I want to beat up Otto and take his lunch money.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?
The garbage can icon on missions lets you discard that mission, the sidewalk icon that pops up when you're moving buildings lets you place and remove sidewalk, and the coathanger icon that shows up when you select a character lets you choose which outfit they have equipped. These are all really obvious UI elements, and I missed all of them until they were pointed out to me.

Don't buy currency generators unless you desperately want them for decoration, they're never as useful as you'd think they would be.

Buying shards stops you from getting ads, which is the main source of free shards.

Don't panic when an event starts and you need to do a billion things. Events are almost always easier than they seemed at the start.

Because you're starting just as a giant event is beginning, know that you may not be able to get everything since you'll start the event a bit late and you won't have much character variety on the mission board. Just try not to worry about it and get a few event characters while you have the chance.

New Wave Jose
Aug 20, 2008
I don't see anything event related yet. I got the splash page about the spider-man event, but so far nothing in game. I guess I need to play more, I'm about to hit lvl 5

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Grimlook posted:

I don't see anything event related yet. I got the splash page about the spider-man event, but so far nothing in game. I guess I need to play more, I'm about to hit lvl 5

The prelude missions need Wasp, Iron Man and Widow. Do you have all 3 of them?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Tasks are up now. Nothing on the main quest but the board missions are go. 2 hours if you dismiss one fyi

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

Grimlook posted:

The event requirements are that you're level 6 and have Van Dyne's Outfits. Just get there and you should be set.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Retro Futurist posted:

Tasks are up now. Nothing on the main quest but the board missions are go. 2 hours if you dismiss one fyi

If they're only giving up to 20 spider tokens and you need 1k for the first reward ladder item, then it won't be worth dropping them.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It always starts slow.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.

Retro Futurist posted:

It's showing 1 hour 10 m for. Still a pretty big leap from the last event's 30.

I really hope Spider-Ham isn't premium.

Hey, if I haven't spent money on shards but I clicked on a video offer and said no thanks one time, have I screwed myself out free shards? Haven't seen one in a while. Unless it's regional in which I'm just arbitrarily screwed.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Gnome de plume posted:

It's showing 1 hour 10 m for. Still a pretty big leap from the last event's 30.

I really hope Spider-Ham isn't premium.

Hey, if I haven't spent money on shards but I clicked on a video offer and said no thanks one time, have I screwed myself out free shards? Haven't seen one in a while. Unless it's regional in which I'm just arbitrarily screwed.

Spider-Ham is premium.

Just exit the app and then restart it. The video offer should re-appear.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
By a while I mean at least a month or so.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Gnome de plume posted:

By a while I mean at least a month or so.

Oh...poo poo

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
It's really annoying because I bought spider-woman for 200 shards during the beta (it was a beta only sale) and now i'm screwed for getting shards forever for free.

Man I'd pay real money for Spider-ham if I didn't think Gwen will also be a premium character later on. I've just invited Spider-man, he's going to need 2099 oz tokens but its probably better to unlock all the buildings first.

mania
Sep 9, 2004
Yeah, I bought shards from that offer you get at the beginning (200+ shards plus coins) because oh the game looks fun, let's support the developer plus I can buy Spider-Woman and I get hosed over by not being able to watch ads. The annoying thing is if I hadn't bought those stupid shards and just kept watching ads I would probably have enough shards to buy Jess and another premium character by now.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

twistedmentat posted:

It's really annoying because I bought spider-woman for 200 shards during the beta (it was a beta only sale) and now i'm screwed for getting shards forever for free.

Man I'd pay real money for Spider-ham if I didn't think Gwen will also be a premium character later on. I've just invited Spider-man, he's going to need 2099 oz tokens but its probably better to unlock all the buildings first.

Gwen is definitely premium, she's not listed with the other chapter rewards.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

Aphrodite posted:

Gwen is definitely premium, she's not listed with the other chapter rewards.

On the other hand there's also a second half of this event planned that they need more characters for and they haven't sprung any surprise premium characters on us mid-event before now. I'm going to be more disappointed than surprised if you're right, don't get me wrong, but I doubt there's going to be any premium characters for this chunk of the event besides Spider-Ham and Lizard.

EDIT: Surprise as in a character that didn't have some way to tell that there was going to a premium character released later in the event, like Yondu's pod in GotG. I haven't forgotten about them not telling us that Sif and Spider-Man were the last two premium characters in Civil War.

Lurks With Wolves fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Jun 24, 2016

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

FYI don't buy Ham until you get the task too. Task rewards 70 shards

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Retro Futurist posted:

FYI don't buy Ham until you get the task too. Task rewards 70 shards

Those tasks are always doable after you buy them.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I can imagine getting web fluid for crafting is going to be the most annoying thing. I've only seen heroic tasks drop it so far.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

This is weird. I accidentally cancelled a mission and a new mission popped up automatically.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

TFRazorsaw posted:

This is weird. I accidentally cancelled a mission and a new mission popped up automatically.

Yeah, they switched it.

Might not stay that way, but it's instant for now.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Aphrodite posted:

Those tasks are always doable after you buy them.

Yeah, but what he's saying is that you basically get a discount if you buy him when the task is up, because they give you 70 shards back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I like Wasp's gimmick of always getting a new costume in every event.

Codependent Poster posted:

Yeah, but what he's saying is that you basically get a discount if you buy him when the task is up, because they give you 70 shards back.

Yeah, and that task still comes up and still awards 70 shards even if buy him before it. Plus you still need the 495 to make the purchase, it's a refund not a discount.

• Locked thread