Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
I assume this would be the thread for it, but as someone who only recently got a smartphone for the first time, I am utterly addicted to Spider-Man Unlimited. It's a surprisingly good game, although the energy system is frustrating sometimes.

I justify the massive amount of time I sink into it with the fact that I've not spent any real money on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yon
Oct 7, 2003

Just one spice?
Just one spice
Just one spice...
So, there's one thing about this event that I can't figure out (it's my first major one). What's the xp level for? I'm nearly at "level 3" but it doesn't seem to do anything.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It raises the amount of event currency you get from missions.

It's a ramping up mechanic to make sure people don't blow through the usually pretty simple early couple of weeks of events.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Jun 26, 2016

Yon
Oct 7, 2003

Just one spice?
Just one spice
Just one spice...
Oooh, that makes sense.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Just got Spidey!

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Me too! Next is to unlock Undercover Wasp, I've unlocked all the film lab slots too, which is the main thing I need for her outfit.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

twistedmentat posted:

Me too! Next is to unlock Undercover Wasp, I've unlocked all the film lab slots too, which is the main thing I need for her outfit.

Yeah I went ahead and unlocked the last film lab. I figure it's going to take me the same amount of time to build my money and film back up to get Reporter Wasp.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

SeannieDarko posted:

Yeah I went ahead and unlocked the last film lab. I figure it's going to take me the same amount of time to build my money and film back up to get Reporter Wasp.

I'm finding OsBux's pretty easy to get, i was able to get the 2099 for Spidy in about half a day.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Just added some event crates, they cost a scoop or whatever those folders you build in the workshop are, but the prizes are totally worth getting them all. There's a bobble head and a building that doesn't seem to do anything, but the rest is all currency.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

You need a few of those folders for the newsstand and Statue of Liberty replica though so don't blow them all on crates right away.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
And you can only get the folders if you have Reporter Wasp or Spider-Ham as well.

laith_rem
May 9, 2015

AU Captain America for every game. Peggy as Cap in Puzzle Quest. Sharon Rogers in Future Fight, MAA gets American Knight, MAA 2 gets a Cap from the Spanish-American War, Contest of Champions is Iron Cap, Heroes is a modern Cap America and Academy unlocks WWII uniform.

Better explained here: http://www.ew.com/article/2016/06/27/captain-america-marvel-games-75th-anniversary

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Aphrodite posted:

You need a few of those folders for the newsstand and Statue of Liberty replica though so don't blow them all on crates right away.

Actually getting the Statute of Liberty and other stuff gets you a total of 5 Goblin coins.

Opening the Crates get you a load of stuff including up to 10 Goblin coins.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yes but we don't know if you need all of them or whether there's going to be more than 100 tokens available. The decorations need 3 and then 5 of whatever the crafted items are called, so it's just easier to build them up first before buying boxes.

Unless you need some of the box contents to progress, then go ahead and gamble.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

I don't know how much the decorations cost, but the first one the Wrestling poster was 2000+ Oscoins and four evidences (and I think 1 evidence turns to 1 Bugle Headline.)

So that first of the four decorations was more expensive than four Spider-crates.

No maybe I'm wrong, but I see no chance of me getting decorations (that I'm not interested in) and five Goblin Tokens before Wednesday. But I can easily get at least 6 Bugle Headlines which I am willing to bet will give me at least 5 Goblin Tokens. Not to mention the Spider Man tokens I need to get Spidey to level 5 and out of his awful half costume thing.

mania
Sep 9, 2004
It's not mentioned in game, but the last warehouse item requires an item that only appears after you get Spidey. So if you're short on time and film rolls, better to go for the crates unless you really want the warehouse prizes.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

The Question IRL posted:

I don't know how much the decorations cost, but the first one the Wrestling poster was 2000+ Oscoins and four evidences (and I think 1 evidence turns to 1 Bugle Headline.)

So that first of the four decorations was more expensive than four Spider-crates.

No maybe I'm wrong, but I see no chance of me getting decorations (that I'm not interested in) and five Goblin Tokens before Wednesday. But I can easily get at least 6 Bugle Headlines which I am willing to bet will give me at least 5 Goblin Tokens. Not to mention the Spider Man tokens I need to get Spidey to level 5 and out of his awful half costume thing.

Each Bugle Exclusive costs two evidence and three rolls of film, which means you can't really churn them out while you're trying to get Spider-Man or Reporter Wasp. The first two decoration items don't have that problem.

Of course if you don't have two or three decoration items by now you probably won't get all four, so if you're going for a crate strategy just stick with that.I'm going for the decorations, but that's just because the decorations feel like the intended route to me and the crates just feel like something they added in case people had too many Exclusives. I'm sure we'll both be fine in the long term.

New Wave Jose
Aug 20, 2008
If I don't plan to put money on this game (avengers academy), what would be the best use of the crystals?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Probably just save until you can get Spider-Woman or something. Or one if the others if you're super patient.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

This Spider-Man event is brutal. I unlocked zero decorations and zero crates because resources are incredibly scarce because there is nothing but heroic missions on the board.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

Liar Lyre posted:

This Spider-Man event is brutal. I unlocked zero decorations and zero crates because resources are incredibly scarce because there is nothing but heroic missions on the board.

So cancel them? I skipped the decorations but have gotten 3 crates, and I'm not spending money on this event unless I get to the end and have to unlock someone. But so far all free.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Yea, I'm only going to buy Gwen, and that's only if shes a premium character. The only decoration I got was the wrestling one and they're already out of the store.

Okay, Spider-Man is using a drone to water ski, that's kind of awesome.

And to the Leader "Where did you come from?" and the leader replies "the door was open".

It looks like you need to buy the chests to upgrade Parker, becuase those are the only place I can find the Spider-Man tokens dropping.

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Jun 30, 2016

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Not supposed to be here today

twistedmentat posted:

It looks like you need to buy the chests to upgrade Parker, becuase those are the only place I can find the Spider-Man tokens dropping.

There are supposed to be more later in the event, but that was the only way to get them so far. The chest are gone now, though; there's a new type that costs shards and has a very small chance to give you Peter's symbiont costume. Like, weighted to give you a 0.44% chance on the first pull even though there are 20 items low.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Yea, I noticed that. And it's been taking way too long to start chapter 2. Been I think 3 days, I don't know why they dropped the part 1 rewards and didn't add the part 2 right away. Dammit I want Black Cat.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Ugh I really want black costume Spidey, but I don't want to spend the shards on it.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

SeannieDarko posted:

Ugh I really want black costume Spidey, but I don't want to spend the shards on it.

I didn't want to either but I was afraid it would be the only way to get Venom eventually. There's a quest line I'm working through when you get the costume about it being evil so I may be right about that.

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

PEARL GROWLS "TAKE OFF THAT SHIRT, STEVEN." I COMPLY, REVEALING THE FULL LENGTH SHIRT TATTOO. PEARL RETREATS INTO HER GEM, DEFEATED.

twistedmentat posted:

Yea, I noticed that. And it's been taking way too long to start chapter 2. Been I think 3 days, I don't know why they dropped the part 1 rewards and didn't add the part 2 right away. Dammit I want Black Cat.

I'm guessing they found some game breaking bug in the upcoming Lizard fights (the black suit says it does more damage against Lizard) and they're having a problem snuffing it out, hence the free Goblin tokens they gave away to appease the masses.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

twistedmentat posted:

They ended it because the reason for the time limit on episodes is not because they need episode 2/3/4 to start on any specific day, it's to encourage spending money to get it all done in time.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Black Cat is available for recruitment.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They dropped the event dismiss timer to 45 minutes apparently.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
The one benefit of the delay was I had tons of OzBux so I was able to buy everything right away, even get a 3rd slot in the power plant.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Not supposed to be here today

Aphrodite posted:

They dropped the event dismiss timer to 45 minutes apparently.

They also changed Octobots so they don't stop the countdown on the slot they attack; they just prevent you from collecting the item. There's no longer any reason to kill an octobot on an item until it's ready to collect.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

This event's kind of brutal. I'm still barely half way to unlocking black cat and you need her to get any of the items. That and the fact that you need to go like 3 crafting layers deep to get everything, I don't see how they expect people to do it in a week

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I'm done already, but I bought Spider-Ham and an antidote generator so that made a huge difference.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro
I bought an antidote generator but not Ham, and I am like 6 hours away from getting Black Cat. Not sure if I will get to WW2 Cap, considering you have to fight lizard like 5 times per win.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I need 6 more tokens for Felicia. If I can get her and MJ I'll be happy.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

I have Black Cat, but I had to use some shards to finish some tasks.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro
So act 2 is gonna be Gwen, Venom, Silk, and...Miles?

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Anyone else just get some free antidotes and injectors?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

There was a Lizard bug where he could consume all your remaining items, so they just gave stuff as compensation.

• Locked thread