Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Not supposed to be here today

Retro Futurist posted:

There was, but he gets recruited fairly late, I only got him to level 3

He was also super expensive. I got him to level 4, but getting him to 5 would have taken the resources I needed for 3 other characters to get leveled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I got him to 5. He cost a shitload of Oscoins, yeah.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I got him to 3, the only person i bothered to get to 5 was Spidy because he looks like a dofus in his mid level outfit.

Ugh if this was around one more day I could get Venom. The problem wasn't beating Carnage, it was getting the thingies to fight the symbiots to make the flame throwers.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah without the generator I can't imagine how much bullshit that would have been.

Early on I was always short even with the 24 a day it gives.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I'm not going to be able to level Venom, Mysterio, or Electro past 3. I hope they don't make it like the Guardians, because I still haven't gotten enough emblems to even level up one of Rocket, Groot, or Drax yet.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I got everyone to 5 but won't have enough time to actually finish Venom's story, since it's an 8 hour and there's less than that left.

The worst part is that this one is apparently where he says who's the 6th member of the Sinister Six.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I'd assume Kraven or Vulture.

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

There's only one thing in the mountains that leaves a track like this. The creature of legend that roams the Timberline. My people named him Sasquatch. You call him... Bigfoot.
Trendy teen/twenty-something vulture as a future recruit would certainly be a thing.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I got 2099 to 5 at least, the rest I'll just wait for emblems on.

Speaking of, they quietly added Civil War ones a couple days ago. They don't work for Bucky but seem to work for the others

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

No date, but marvel.com confirms gamma zone for this week with Tigra and Hulk.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

They also reference Kingpin in the end text so we'll probably see some kind of Defenders thing eventually

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006

Retro Futurist posted:

I got 2099 to 5 at least, the rest I'll just wait for emblems on.

Speaking of, they quietly added Civil War ones a couple days ago. They don't work for Bucky but seem to work for the others

Bucky was an early access character, so you'll be able to level him normally when he gets added to the story.

Probably sometime in 2018 at the rate they add new story content, of course.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Oh right.

That's weird, I wonder what storyline they plan to "introduce" him in if not Civil War

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

There's only one thing in the mountains that leaves a track like this. The creature of legend that roams the Timberline. My people named him Sasquatch. You call him... Bigfoot.
The Spider-verse characters can be leveled up with just plain cash....in ridiculous amounts. Miles level 5 is going to cost something like 100,000.

Yon
Oct 7, 2003

Just one spice?
Just one spice
Just one spice...
So since we have a break between events currently, I'm a little stuck on advancing the story and am not sure how to proceed. I recruited Cap and finished the quests related to that, but all I have available that isn't related to upgrading an event or premium character is the business suit Tony quests.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

You probably need to level up.

Yon
Oct 7, 2003

Just one spice?
Just one spice
Just one spice...
I'm level 19, I thought the Kamala stuff started at 13?

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
Went to bed waiting to have enough flamethrowers to beat the third streak to unlock Venom and when I get up the act's over. gently caress me for bothering, right?

mania
Sep 9, 2004

Lobsterman posted:

So since we have a break between events currently, I'm a little stuck on advancing the story and am not sure how to proceed. I recruited Cap and finished the quests related to that, but all I have available that isn't related to upgrading an event or premium character is the business suit Tony quests.

Have you upgraded all the story characters?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Haha, saved by an app crash.

The new update is out, and the first Tigra mission requires Wasp's Post Everywhere 2 hour at the computer in the archives. But with the update also comes an upgrade to the archive that takes 31 hours. I started it without thinking, but the game crashed a few seconds later and reverted it for me.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006

Aphrodite posted:

Haha, saved by an app crash.

The new update is out, and the first Tigra mission requires Wasp's Post Everywhere 2 hour at the computer in the archives. But with the update also comes an upgrade to the archive that takes 31 hours. I started it without thinking, but the game crashed a few seconds later and reverted it for me.

Word is that you actually need to rank Wasp up before inviting Tigra (her rank 5 action is needed for the quest), meaning that it's not really a big deal to start the archives unless you were going to get 75 party hats in significantly less than 31 hours.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

You do, but there's also a bunch of quests in the chain before you reach that point.

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

Is it me or did missions suddenly start giving a -lot- more cash? Like, instead of 100-700 I'm seeing 1K baseline except for stuff that also drops items.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Sefer posted:

Word is that you actually need to rank Wasp up before inviting Tigra (her rank 5 action is needed for the quest), meaning that it's not really a big deal to start the archives unless you were going to get 75 party hats in significantly less than 31 hours.

I hope this isn't a short event then because I'm level 25 and you need to be 30 to get her to Rank 5

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Retro Futurist posted:

I hope this isn't a short event then because I'm level 25 and you need to be 30 to get her to Rank 5

This is a story update, it's permanent.

Yon
Oct 7, 2003

Just one spice?
Just one spice
Just one spice...

mania posted:

Have you upgraded all the story characters?

It turned out that I missed upgrading Loki and Falcon, yeah.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

There's a MODOK/AIM event coming soonish. Supposed to be smaller and simple, like the British Invasion.

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

I hope MODOK starts out as a normal-looking twenty-something but his head gets bigger and his body smaller as he levels up.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Coulson and Squirrel Girl confirmed as recruits for the AIM event, in addition to MODOK.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
loving FINALLY. SG is the only person referred to in the teaser trailer that has not been announced yet. She better have a "play video games with Ms marvel" option.

Just need to add Carol and Wanda and I can have my Marvel Video Game Approved Waifu Squad.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

And all it will require is for you to buy $20 on some character. And a building thst makes things for one week.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Characters are actually $10.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

New event started. Widow's evening dress costume that's been in the store forever is available now, as part of a crate that has past event costumes in it. It also has a bunch of headstart recruitment items for the future Daredevil event to unlock characters. These items confirm Hellcat as recruitable along with the Netflix heroes.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Hopefully she'll be current comics Hellcat rather than the more serious Tish Walker of Daredevil. Which is almost for certain considering this game.

How many acorns does the tower produce daily? 4 days and only being able to make a handful of Shield Agents as they need 8 loving watches to make is just silly.

Looks like it drops 15 acorns a day. And great job tinyco, I can't fight the Aim dudes without getting an error.

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Aug 13, 2016

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

PEARL GROWLS "TAKE OFF THAT SHIRT, STEVEN." I COMPLY, REVEALING THE FULL LENGTH SHIRT TATTOO. PEARL RETREATS INTO HER GEM, DEFEATED.
My board has straight up stopped dropping SHIELD watches now so yeah, this event is a loving shitstorm and a half...

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Around 4-8 hours for 8 watches to make a level 1 guy, which gets you about 2 acorns a Lv2 watch. 2 Lv 2 watches to get a Lv 2 guy and get a few more acorns, but you somehow have to save up 40 of them to get Lv 3 guys, and the whole event lasts 5 days.

I kind of suspect they don't want people to succeed without spending a bunch of money

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's a 2 phase event and Squirrel Girl is available the whole time. The current timer is just until MODOK combat is available.

The way they do these events now is you have your freebies, your premiums, and your effectively premiums which don't directly cost shards but require more resources than totally free players can generate, and/or a premium character's bonus abilities.

I expect Coulson to be premium, and MODOK effectively.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Aug 14, 2016

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Only Captain Marvel and Scarlet Witch I'd want to be 100% sure that I got in game, besides Squirrel Girl. Well until Marvel lets mutants back in their games again. I'm already at 58 acorns.

It's weird, there's not listing for SG's voice, but Tigra is played by Bella Thorne. The voice cast for this is so weird, but I still love Alison Brie as Widow and Sally Draper as Spider-Woman.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Tigra was announced pre-launch, when they were still going for recognizable VAs.

The more recent ones they don't even announce the voice actor because it's usually someone cheap nobody has heard of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Aphrodite posted:

Tigra was announced pre-launch, when they were still going for recognizable VAs.

The more recent ones they don't even announce the voice actor because it's usually someone cheap nobody has heard of.

That's right, they have voice cast for listed for people who aren't even available as early access like Hawkeye.

only 8 acorns away from Squirrel Girl.

• Locked thread