Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Finally just 2 hours away from more space.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Hawkeye statue just went up. It costs 525 shards, but it will drop 30 a day for the next 30 days, so if you check in every 24 hours it'll drop 900 total

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It was actually 250 for a bit earlier in the day, to give out 400.

Anyone who got it at 250 was upgraded though.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Retro Futurist posted:

Hawkeye statue just went up. It costs 525 shards, but it will drop 30 a day for the next 30 days, so if you check in every 24 hours it'll drop 900 total

It is really tempting, and I know I'll buy at least one more premium character, but I feel like i've dropped enough money on this game.

Yon
Oct 7, 2003

Just one spice?
Just one spice
Just one spice...
Is there a timer anywhere for MODOK leaving? Google says the 23rd, but that seems really long.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Not supposed to be here today

Lobsterman posted:

Is there a timer anywhere for MODOK leaving? Google says the 23rd, but that seems really long.

That's what the in game FAQ says. Hit the gear icon, then help.

Yon
Oct 7, 2003

Just one spice?
Just one spice
Just one spice...
Ah, thanks. Well I just hit streak 7 anyway.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Okay so Killed both of Modoks guards, then went back and hour later, and they're back. The countdown still says "Guards reappear in X hours".

Daredevil event is up. I wasn't going to buy any more crystals, but dammit I want Jessica Jones. Also ready to shell out for Hellcat too.

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Aug 25, 2016

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Hellcat's free at least

Also lol

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Retro Futurist posted:

Hellcat's free at least

That's good!

quote:

Also lol

Yea i got a good laugh out of that. It's pretty dark if you ever heard that line in reference to the puppies that don't get adopted.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
Jessica Drew is currently free to claim for a limited time, so that's good if you don't already have her.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Gnome de plume posted:

Jessica Drew is currently free to claim for a limited time, so that's good if you don't already have her.

People keep bringing up how she`s supposed to be British, but how can you not love Sally Draper as Jess? Honestly, outside of Marvel Heroes, I cannot think of any recent instances of her being a Brit.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Gnome de plume posted:

Do you have to do something to get her? She's still showing up as costing shards for me

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's Android only. The promotion is being done by Google.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Bah. Apparently the ability to transfer saves back and forth from iOS-Android is coming but not live yet

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Tinyco can do it for you if you contact support, but it's a one time thing and not smoothly back and forth.

I wish they'd hurry and introduce that. Their other Family Guy game uses Facebook to link platforms, apparently. I'd like to use my big nice iPad at home and my annoying laggy Nexus when I am slacking at work.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
Yeah, probably should have said, it says for Google Play.

There's also been another update that introduces a recruitable Peggy Carter, it says free but when you click Buy it says not enough resources: all of which appear to be Peggy Carter. No idea what's going on there.

No wait, it now says you have to login 7 days in a row to get her.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Gnome de plume posted:

Yeah, probably should have said, it says for Google Play.

There's also been another update that introduces a recruitable Peggy Carter, it says free but when you click Buy it says not enough resources: all of which appear to be Peggy Carter. No idea what's going on there.

No wait, it now says you have to login 7 days in a row to get her.

It's actually kind of neat; you can buy her for 600 shards, but every day you check in the price goes down. Check in all 7 days and she's free

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Day 3 and 5 come with an undisclosed bonus to entice you to buy her at a higher price though.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I'd rather hoard shards. I only had to buy the lowest amount to get Jessica Jones.

Does this event seem really short? I feel like others were 30+ days and this was barely 20. Well, as long as I get Hellcat, Iron Fist and Luke Cage i'll be happy. Though I think Cage will be a challange.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

This event was 30 too.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I could have sworn this event was only 26 days.

Anyways, I kind of hosed myself because I turned in my 3 samurai helmets to Hellcat, and now the Hand Boss is too hard for Loki, Jessica Jones and Daredevil to defeat, so I can't get anymore to get Black Dynamite Falcon.

mania
Sep 9, 2004
Are you using the power ups during the fight?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I did that too. It's 30 shards to buy 2 helmets for Falcon, so it's not too bad.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Yep, but at the current levels of the hand boss, I can't beat him even when using 9 power attacks. But as was said, it's only 30 Starkbux.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Nice. I was playing AA with my 4 year old and letting him collect all the coins and stuff, and looked for a second when he spent 200 shards on the Superior Iron Man costume. I messaged their support just to see if anything could be done, expecting nothing, and they refunded me right away.
So that's cool

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
That's pretty cool. Also I heard there was a halloween event, but cannot find any info. Pretty sure it will be Doctor Strange, but drat I want Scarlet Witch.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

They set up Mephisto in the Daredevil event, I'm guessing Strange and Ghost Rider at least

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

twistedmentat posted:

That's pretty cool. Also I heard there was a halloween event, but cannot find any info. Pretty sure it will be Doctor Strange, but drat I want Scarlet Witch.

They did a costume poll for the Halloween event on facebook a couple weeks ago. CapWolf won

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's Ghost Rider, Moon Knight, Misty Knight and Blade.

You can also gain Satana and Dracula as streak rewards.

Also every story character is getting their own Halloween costume, right up to Hulk.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Aphrodite posted:

It's Ghost Rider, Moon Knight, Misty Knight and Blade.

You can also gain Satana and Dracula as streak rewards.

Also every story character is getting their own Halloween costume, right up to Hulk.

Moon Knight makes me happy, though I'd rather see Elsa Bloodstone over Blade.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The event actually started a half hour ago.

Looks like there's a few more characters that aren't announced yet. But those slots might be costumes.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Ugh, I promised myself I wouldn't spend anymore money on this game but I want that Taskmaster Zombie costume

Melusine
Sep 5, 2013

Retro Futurist posted:

Ugh, I promised myself I wouldn't spend anymore money on this game but I want that Taskmaster Zombie costume

You may already know this, but just heads up: the boxes always have rigged odds against the character/costume inside them, so be prepared to potentially spend a lot of shards.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Also when you unlock Penguin Falcon and Moon Knight, they get items added to the box. So if you're going to do it, do it before unlocking them.

Daphnaie posted:

You may already know this, but just heads up: the boxes always have rigged odds against the character/costume inside them, so be prepared to potentially spend a lot of shards.

Most people seem to be unlocking one of them early, and the other basically last.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Daphnaie posted:

Oh I just assume these things are actively trying to rip me off.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I managed to get Symbiot Widow in the last even after 3 boxes, with the first two boxes being of shards so I only actually spent like 2 bux for it.

The thing that's bugging me about this event is getting the special pumpkins, especially the screaming one because Falcon is still wanted to go on regular tasks for stuff.

mania
Sep 9, 2004
Get a mission with Falcon, but don't do his action. It should keep any other mission involving him from appearing on the board. Sure it also means one less mission on the board, but it beats having to keep cancelling multiple missions because they all require Falcon when he's busy hanging out with Moon Knight.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Problem is the missions with falcon are always the ones that give out the dodads you need to unlock stuff. What I've been doing is just leaving them until I go to bed so they're done over night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The two other costumes are a big help since they can hang out too.

• Locked thread