Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Not supposed to be here today

GLOSS posted:

Yeah, don't build the 3rd things for Iron Man or Cap until Black Panther is leveled up. Those things that upgrade the Embassy drop from level 4 Hydra goons, which are also items needed to unlock Crossbones. But when you build those two buildings, Crossbones unlocks but you only have 7 days to get him, and getting him requires killing level 4 Hydra goons, which really means you need level 4 bots and recruits, which you can't get until Panther is level 3. I think I may have screwed myself by getting too far ahead, and the 2 hours it takes to build these stupid robots is just dragging me down hard...

It's not actually building those that triggers the counter starting, it's getting the quest. The quest comes after a half hour quest to have Wasp go through the tires in Cap's obstacle course, so hold off on that until you're ready for the counter to start.

No one is really sure if that quest counter will lock you out of Crossbones or if only the main counter that's frozen at 6:23:59 matters, though. Support hasn't really been clear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006

Aphrodite posted:

Well I got Crossbones. That was much easier than expected.

I'm less than an hour out from having his materials together. Weird getting the week 3 character before week 3 starts, I don't even know what I'll have to do other than save up materials and probably upgrade my guys to level 6 before doing the Agent 13 challenge.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006

Aphrodite posted:

Your best bet is actually to focus on updating your recruits and robots.

That is what I meant by upgrading my guys. They're at 5 now, it'll just take a little bit to get the level 6 stuff together, since I'm going to get Crossbones first. And probably upgrade the Wakanda embassy, too. The challenge I mentioned is for the Agent 13 bobblehead, it's easier with level 6 guys than level 5 and I don't see a reason to hurry.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
I was hoping no one would buy them because not knowing how much you need to spend on content you want is the worst and if they made no money TinyCo wouldn't make more, but there are already people reporting spending 1500 shards on random boxes.

I dread them ever putting a character in one of those boxes. Costumes without sped up actions I can do without.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006

Liar Lyre posted:

I screwed up and couldn't upgrade Madame Hydra. I really hope there's to upgrade the event heroes in the future.

They've said there will be- I believe a month after the GotG event for the non-premium characters from that event was mentioned, so we should find out soon how hard it will be.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006

GLOSS posted:

Does anyone else find it funny that we have a potential "British Invasion" event going on during the Fourth of July? Someone at TinyCo has a sense of humor I guess...

Also it looks like the Guardians emblems only drop singles on Heroic missions (at least that's what's flagged up for me so far) and considering Groot will take 90 emblems to upgrade I guess it's gonna be awhile...

The next event is supposed to be a mini event, so it probably won't last until July.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006

Liar Lyre posted:

Yeah, there is not way I can get rank 5 for either Union Jack or Black Knight. It would be super cool if they allowed us to upgrade them after the event, but I doubt it.

All the previous short events that gave characters that could be upgraded with coins instead of event currency let you upgrade them after. Anyone that uses coins is basically the same as a story character, just with a limited time to recruit them.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006

twistedmentat posted:

Level 5 sif requires 100k coins, level 3 nebula, 56k.

That's only after the events are over. During the events they were upgraded using event currency.

Let me put it another way: every character from an event without its own special currency has been able to be upgraded for the same cost after the event. Characters from events with special currencies will eventually be upgradable, but for a lot of coins.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006

GLOSS posted:

we'll have to see if either Goblin or Ock are actually recruitable or they'll be the one(s) we shove into a glass box when all of this is done...

Looks like they are recruitable, data miner says they have 3 costumes. So does Lizard, so he should be recruitable too.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006

twistedmentat posted:

It looks like you need to buy the chests to upgrade Parker, becuase those are the only place I can find the Spider-Man tokens dropping.

There are supposed to be more later in the event, but that was the only way to get them so far. The chest are gone now, though; there's a new type that costs shards and has a very small chance to give you Peter's symbiont costume. Like, weighted to give you a 0.44% chance on the first pull even though there are 20 items low.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006

Aphrodite posted:

They dropped the event dismiss timer to 45 minutes apparently.

They also changed Octobots so they don't stop the countdown on the slot they attack; they just prevent you from collecting the item. There's no longer any reason to kill an octobot on an item until it's ready to collect.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006

Retro Futurist posted:

There was, but he gets recruited fairly late, I only got him to level 3

He was also super expensive. I got him to level 4, but getting him to 5 would have taken the resources I needed for 3 other characters to get leveled.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006

Retro Futurist posted:

I got 2099 to 5 at least, the rest I'll just wait for emblems on.

Speaking of, they quietly added Civil War ones a couple days ago. They don't work for Bucky but seem to work for the others

Bucky was an early access character, so you'll be able to level him normally when he gets added to the story.

Probably sometime in 2018 at the rate they add new story content, of course.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006

Aphrodite posted:

Haha, saved by an app crash.

The new update is out, and the first Tigra mission requires Wasp's Post Everywhere 2 hour at the computer in the archives. But with the update also comes an upgrade to the archive that takes 31 hours. I started it without thinking, but the game crashed a few seconds later and reverted it for me.

Word is that you actually need to rank Wasp up before inviting Tigra (her rank 5 action is needed for the quest), meaning that it's not really a big deal to start the archives unless you were going to get 75 party hats in significantly less than 31 hours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006

Lobsterman posted:

Is there a timer anywhere for MODOK leaving? Google says the 23rd, but that seems really long.

That's what the in game FAQ says. Hit the gear icon, then help.

• Locked thread