Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

For Academy, do I actually need Iron Widow for anything if I bought Wonderman? Those daggers are too much of a commodity for me to waste on a costume, but I also lost a week in the Guardians event because I didn't realize you needed Wasp's alt to move the story along

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Yeah my bad. Guess it's just the cost of the vibrainium.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Aphrodite posted:

It's odd there's no premium hex item. That seems to be the main limiting factor right now.

Wonderman has two different actions to generate them so I guess he counts

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Academy just opened up the next part with a bunch of content.

Agent 13 available, Spiderman and Sif are the other gold characters, and Cap Falcon is out.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I was a few tokens shy of Crossbones, is there another chance down the road or am I SOL?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

It's pretty bullshit that his guards regenerate in an hour, and it takes 2 hours to make one of yours

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

How do you get the Wakandan Embassay to level 3? I've unlocked everyone except crossbones and BP is levelled up all the way, not sure what trigger I'm missing here

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

mania posted:

Try looking for it in the menu, either under the middle tab with the Avengers logo or the Building tab.

Ah, ok so it's just there instead of available from clicking right on the place like every other area. Thanks

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Academy has an update on the iOS store but it hasn't launched yet, but it looks like we'll jump right into a new event. Brit themed with Black Knight, Captain Britain, and Union Jack.
I'm assuming it's a smaller one like the Pepper one was, but I guess we'll find out in a few hours

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

The end of this one teased Sinister Six so it sounds like that'll be the big one

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Game just gave me 20 chalices randomly, claiming it screwed up earlier, so now I'm just one fight away from getting BK. Thanks game

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Just a heads up after you get 100 chalices you still have to beat BK 1 more time, because life is pain.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Well, there it is

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Oh drat!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Tasks are up now. Nothing on the main quest but the board missions are go. 2 hours if you dismiss one fyi

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

FYI don't buy Ham until you get the task too. Task rewards 70 shards

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Just added some event crates, they cost a scoop or whatever those folders you build in the workshop are, but the prizes are totally worth getting them all. There's a bobble head and a building that doesn't seem to do anything, but the rest is all currency.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

This event's kind of brutal. I'm still barely half way to unlocking black cat and you need her to get any of the items. That and the fact that you need to go like 3 crafting layers deep to get everything, I don't see how they expect people to do it in a week

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Act 2 is going to start tonight or tomorrow, kind of figured they would give it more time

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Act 2 is up, Carnage is the bad guy now, Miguel is in fact the premium, Electro and Mysterio are unlockable and Venom will be unlocked though tasks a la Groot and Bucky

There's also a new battle mechanism

Opopanax fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Jul 22, 2016

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Crap, I was actually close to getting Electro and then they yank the rug out. They sure buried the deadline.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I probably could have finished it if the countdown had been front and centre like before, instead of buried in a sub menu

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I appreciate them putting the good stuff on Wave 3 and making Wave 7 be useless crap in this event.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

unseenlibrarian posted:

Was there even an option to upgrade Doc Ock in act 1? I'd recruited him but he never had a level up option at all that I saw, and Goblin and Lizard kept upgrading with message board items in act 2.

There was, but he gets recruited fairly late, I only got him to level 3

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I got 2099 to 5 at least, the rest I'll just wait for emblems on.

Speaking of, they quietly added Civil War ones a couple days ago. They don't work for Bucky but seem to work for the others

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

They also reference Kingpin in the end text so we'll probably see some kind of Defenders thing eventually

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Oh right.

That's weird, I wonder what storyline they plan to "introduce" him in if not Civil War

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Sefer posted:

Word is that you actually need to rank Wasp up before inviting Tigra (her rank 5 action is needed for the quest), meaning that it's not really a big deal to start the archives unless you were going to get 75 party hats in significantly less than 31 hours.

I hope this isn't a short event then because I'm level 25 and you need to be 30 to get her to Rank 5

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Around 4-8 hours for 8 watches to make a level 1 guy, which gets you about 2 acorns a Lv2 watch. 2 Lv 2 watches to get a Lv 2 guy and get a few more acorns, but you somehow have to save up 40 of them to get Lv 3 guys, and the whole event lasts 5 days.

I kind of suspect they don't want people to succeed without spending a bunch of money

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Hawkeye statue just went up. It costs 525 shards, but it will drop 30 a day for the next 30 days, so if you check in every 24 hours it'll drop 900 total

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Hellcat's free at least

Also lol

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Gnome de plume posted:

Jessica Drew is currently free to claim for a limited time, so that's good if you don't already have her.

Do you have to do something to get her? She's still showing up as costing shards for me

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Bah. Apparently the ability to transfer saves back and forth from iOS-Android is coming but not live yet

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Gnome de plume posted:

Yeah, probably should have said, it says for Google Play.

There's also been another update that introduces a recruitable Peggy Carter, it says free but when you click Buy it says not enough resources: all of which appear to be Peggy Carter. No idea what's going on there.

No wait, it now says you have to login 7 days in a row to get her.

It's actually kind of neat; you can buy her for 600 shards, but every day you check in the price goes down. Check in all 7 days and she's free

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Nice. I was playing AA with my 4 year old and letting him collect all the coins and stuff, and looked for a second when he spent 200 shards on the Superior Iron Man costume. I messaged their support just to see if anything could be done, expecting nothing, and they refunded me right away.
So that's cool

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

They set up Mephisto in the Daredevil event, I'm guessing Strange and Ghost Rider at least

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Ugh, I promised myself I wouldn't spend anymore money on this game but I want that Taskmaster Zombie costume

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Daphnaie posted:

You may already know this, but just heads up: the boxes always have rigged odds against the character/costume inside them, so be prepared to potentially spend a lot of shards.

Oh I just assume these things are actively trying to rip me off.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Does anyone actually like/care about the damned bobbleheads?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I managed to get enough keys to open it once and got the taco truck. Weeeeee

• Locked thread