Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Christ, I already had DD and Iron Fist and I'm still a day or two away from finishing chapter 1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

My issue is that Stick takes like 5 fights to beat with 4 hours wait time in between them

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

bagrada posted:

I just started this game a few weeks ago. The daredevil badges are few and far between at 1 per usually heroic mission or 12 hour luke cage lockout. I've got one level between Iron Fist, Cage and Daredevil and may get another if I'm lucky. When the event ends, do you miss out on the character storylines you haven't completed? Or any chance they convert to regular quests while Inhumans starts up?

You won't get the questlines generally but they should all be upgradable with badges except for Claire and Jessica Jones (premium characters always cost money after)

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

There's a pop ad on there now urging you to buy Imax Inhumans tickets (lol no) but it says Lockjaw coming soon, so definitely looks like that will be our next event

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Hell yeah Howling Commando event

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Well, I'm stuck at the last fight before Maximus. I've got Lockjaw and everyone is leveled up a good amount, but I'm still at Low chance. The only Strong hero I could even get right now would be Cat Loki so that ain't happening

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Alright sweet, almost got Black Bolt, just...193 green shards to go!

This game really filled the love/hate hole that Avengers Alliance left

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

That Madame Hydra, nothing gets by her.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Man I am sure am having fun not leveling any of these new characters up.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

The Question IRL posted:

TinyCo exec: New plan guys. Make the rank up items controlled by RNG.

No no, I have an even better idea. They're controlled by RNG, but in order to even have a chance at them you need to win with ANOTHER RNG! *everyone gets a raise*

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

And it’s up

Valkyrie is the premium

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I’m getting a bit burnt out on Academy. I wanted Ares so I shelled out for Valkyrie, but even with that Korg's kicking my rear end and it takes forever to upgrade attack and health. I’m not opposed to the FtP model in general but this game is particularly brutal for it, even if you are a whale there’s no guarantee you’re going to get a drat thing

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Punisher is on sale in Academy today.

For $19.99 USD :lol:

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

You guys have some serious stockholm syndrome

I miss it too

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Hey wow, the requirements for Thor actually look reasonable, I might be able to get him.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Yeah I got Thor but I don’t see myself upgrading him. As long as I can get Valkyrie to L5 so I don’t have to spend 100k in coins later I’ll be satisfied here though

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Odd that they mention an undersea school and another space school. They name dropped Atlantis before but I don't think they have the rights to Namor and even if they did, who else would you even use? Namorita and ?

The space one is especially weird too since they've done two guardian events, Attilan, and just finished Thor, so who else is there? Nova Corps is all I can think of but Sam was released in the GotG2 one.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Maybe they'll just go all in and have the secret space and ocean schools be X-Men schools and that's where they've been hiding

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Strike Force is out now too, but I haven’t been able to get in yet and I’m not sure the servers are running yet

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Aphrodite posted:

Are they betaing in Canada? DC Legends did that I think. Usually they use like the Philippines.

No idea. It doesn't really say and the site still shows pre-regitration, it just showed up on the app store. I still can't get in but I see some chat stuff while it's loading so maybe they just have limited servers

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Diabetic posted:

Link? Gotta get my Avengers Alliance Fix in before the Marvel Heroes 2015 update runs out of my system.

Not sure how to link it but it was on the front page of the app store

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I mean I'd like the infinity statue, but that's pretty lovely and I don't want to enable TinyCo's model any more than I need to.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

twistedmentat posted:

Oh i'll probably buy the statue because the last time I bought one of those X over Y days crystal things it went on 3x as long as it meant to.

You can't, you need to get all the impossible to get premium costumes.

In other news I finally got Strike Force working and it's pretty good. I gave up on the DC one right away so can't compare to that, but I play Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes and it's pretty much that. Seems good so far, I mainly play these kinds of games at work so as long as it has an auto play option I'm happy

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Yeah I'm going to get Pizza Dog because that's cool, but I'm not going to spend money on a costume for Widow, and I cannot imagine I'm going to get Hawkeye. This game really is one of the worst examples of FTP and the only reasons I stick with it are Marvel characters and sunk cost

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Looks like we kind of sort get a break from events

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Phew, I was just thinking I don't have nearly enough side quests sitting on my side bar, thank god for this event.

Is this the last of it then? I already had pretty much all the decorations so I guess I'll see if I can go for Hulkbuster at this point.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Well let's see, it can't be that bad, only works out to...1760 reactors and 880 metal pieces.
Oh well, you could always spend nearly $30 on an outfit instead.

Whatever at least it gave me a bit of a break for a week.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Ugh, the only thing I actually want from this is Carol and I don't think I'm going to get there on time.

Guess I'll wait until Avengers 4 and hope they give her for free

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Yeah given how the game's been so far, I was worried as soon as they mentioned permanent upgrades. It's not like TinyCo is going to NOT monetize stuff, so it just sounds like they'll find new ways to do it.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Yeah that's pretty much where I am. It's just kind of a pain now and kind of dull. I just go in and dump the same people in the same battles that I have no control over, and do that until I run out of energy or have to backtrack to level up.

Not that it was super fun before but it's not at all now.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

That's my other problem, I didn't bother enough with the regular fights so I can't increase anyone's abilities, just slowly level them up.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I'm still trying to figure out why there's an Auto button when you can't directly control anything

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I haven't even opened it in a couple days. It's like they're trying to make it into Galaxy of Heroes, which ignores the fact that Strike Force exists and does that better.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Anyone still playing? The new event is an improvement, but it's still mostly boring

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

It's EXACTLY Galaxy of Heroes.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

For goon guilds There’s also Squirrel Power and Time Variance Authoority

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I can’t imagine how they expect anyone to get into Academy now. I don’t think I’ve gotten past the first map on any of these events, and I’ve already had most of the characters ranked up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Deadpool update is out for Strike Force but the servers are done still.

Also enjoying another academy event where I can’t clear the first loving map

Edit: oh gently caress me. I’ve been slamming into the same map 1 over and over trying to clear it, but you can just go and do the later maps without it.

Opopanax fucked around with this message at 03:17 on May 22, 2018

• Locked thread