Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

I'm debating on wether to try and unlock Bucky or focus on ranking up Madame Hydra. I just need those USB drives for her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

I screwed up and couldn't upgrade Madame Hydra. I really hope there's to upgrade the event heroes in the future.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

And just like that you can get GotG emblems from the mission board to upgrade heroes. Now I hope for a chance to get the heroes, items and costumes I missed.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Yeah, there is not way I can get rank 5 for either Union Jack or Black Knight. It would be super cool if they allowed us to upgrade them after the event, but I doubt it.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

This Spider-Man event is brutal. I unlocked zero decorations and zero crates because resources are incredibly scarce because there is nothing but heroic missions on the board.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

I redownloaded Academy for the first time since the Spider-Man event. I managed to unlock nothing for the event. I forgot how goddamned brutal this game is on time management.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

I've got enough shards to recruit Spidey 2099 or Agent Venom. I like both characters, who should I choose, if any?

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

I'm not having too much trouble, yet again I spent all my shards on Agent Venom and had Spidey and Reporter Wasp already. I should be facing my first Carnage fight in about an hour. Wish I had enough to get Spider-man 2099 as well to really crank out fights.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

I'm super tempted now to spend :20bux: to get some shards to get all the Premium heroes. Getting new heroes is the only reason I play anyways.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

You okay Flash. You seem a little...off.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

I got really lucky awhile ago and managed to get enough thingys for 21 Carnage fights, but now I can't get anything. I'm on streak 5 right now. Hope I didn't screw myself on getting streak 7 by starting too early.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

twistedmentat posted:

Once I got Spidy high enough to get through his solo battle, I blazed through. Though my problem is the thingies you need to fight the octobot are dopping in 2s and 3s.

I was getting 5s and 7s for a while. But right now Madame Hydra and Agent 13 are trading turns at the punching bag. It has completely halted my progress. All my guys are level 3/3, so I probably can beat Carnage now.

EDIT: And now Black Knight wants in. That's 18 hours of punching.

Liar Lyre fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Jul 5, 2017

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Spider-Gwen is broken for me. Every time I click on her it says "Someone asked 'character' for empty ID" and then the game resets. Anyone know how to fix this?

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Gwen's working for me now.

Aphrodite posted:

Wow that's a lot of stuff to gather this week if you haven't done the last event.

Doc Ock, Gwen, Black Suit Spidey, Symbiote Widow, and Mysterio.

Edit: Oh, and be careful on this one. Only the first 3 fights of stage 2 drop Bolas, which are needed for Spider-Girl. The rest drop a different item. I don't know for sure if doing fight 4 will reduce 3's combat stat drops but I wouldn't risk it.

I checked reddit and they confirmed that combat drops disappear if you advance. You need to grind the first couple of fights to get stuff for Doc Ock and Spider-Girl.

If you are recruiting Doc Ock: 12x 2-1 -> 10x 2-2 -> 13x 2-3 -> 12x 2-4.
If you already have Doc Ock: 1x 2-1 -> 1x 2-2 -> 23x 2-3 -> 12x 2-4.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

frakeaing HAMSTER DANCE posted:

Got Mysterio. Waa a huge pain. Not looking forward to whatever is next in terms of optional recruits because I am sure my current tram will suddenly become suboptimal

What were your stats? I'm sure I will never be able to unlock him at the current rate I'm going. I'm not even half way through the Bronx.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

frakeaing HAMSTER DANCE posted:

10/10 Gwenom 10/10 Superior Ock, 8/8 Spidey

Yeah used a lot of shards.

That's what I feared. How badly do I want Mysterio?

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Argh! I need to quit this game. I'm ok with spending a little money from time to time, but this game is evil in its microtransactions. Mysterio is not worth $100 to me, thank you very much.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Double post, but week three just dropped and holy poo poo. There is too much now. I am done with this event. I wasted all my crystals trying to (unsuccessfully) get Gwenom and now a new crate drops with Black Cat and Lizard. I'm done.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

At least Green Goblin and Silver Sable seem to unlock much faster than Spider-Girl and Doc Ock

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

I got Jameson, so I'm good for this event. I wonder why I keep going, and then I see dialogue like this.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

twistedmentat posted:

How much money did you spend?

I spent $20 to get Agent Venom, Spider-Man 2099 and blew the rest on crates like an idiot. I wasn't able to get any characters from crates or from getting all the stars in hard mode. That's a level of commitment I'm not willing to go into. I figure spending $10-20 a month on this isn't too bad for a game.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

I slacked off on this event and only got Iron Lad and Whiplash. Would have liked Yellowjacket as well, but whatevs. I got a new job which means more money to blow on shards for this dumb game. Hooray.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Goddamnit. Why did they have to add Man-Thing? I was ready to take a break, but then they had to add my favorite Marvel character. Ugh, I guess I can play for one more month.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Is this the most round about event in Avengers Academy history? You do board missions to get candy buckets to do hangouts to get flamethrowers to fight Hydra to get sunglasses to train agents to also fight Hydra to get candy to get dancing to get keys to open crates to get materials to unlock characters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

It would be awesome if the source code was dumped somewhere so we could replay all of it. Or better yet, if they took the concept and made a new full featured game out of it.

• Locked thread