Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Aphrodite posted:

A Force skycycles alone was worse.

By the end, yeah, but just because you had to ride ep 1 skycycles to get the mats to ride Ep 2 skycycles etc. This is the most things they've ever had to do in episode one. At least there's very little random chance.

What are the oil cans and bananas for? Ranking up Dum dum and monkey?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

twistedmentat posted:

How do you get purple guns without buying the swamp? In the hangouts list, its the only thing that does, and its only available via crystals.

Do Ep1 orange hangouts to get purple pumpkins, then use purple pumpkins to do Ep2 hangouts. If the free Ep2 hangout isn't showing up for you, it's to the left of the free Ep1 hangout under hangout selection.

Seriously, though, gently caress this event. There's a minimum 17 hour progression hurdle just to start farming materials for the first character unlock.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

Aphrodite posted:

Spoiler time again.

Characters for next event, who are still not X-Men, are: Howard the Duck, Firebird, and Throg (frog Thor.)

Firebird? Jesus, that's a deep loving cut. Who's next? Cybermancer? Dr. Druid? Eros? Two Gun Kid?

I will give them all of my money if it's Darkhawk.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

Retro Futurist posted:

Odd that they mention an undersea school and another space school. They name dropped Atlantis before but I don't think they have the rights to Namor and even if they did, who else would you even use? Namorita and ?

The space one is especially weird too since they've done two guardian events, Attilan, and just finished Thor, so who else is there? Nova Corps is all I can think of but Sam was released in the GotG2 one.

They appear to be going into super deep cuts now, so at a minimum space could be Quasar, other Quasar, Moondragon, Eros, Troll, Starhawk, Kismet (that'd be fun; I liked the model they used in GotG2 event) Gladiator, and, for extra fun, the Starjammers.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

I gave up on Throg after I got to Wednesday with Loki's costume still 13 sunglasses short. gently caress RNG.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

Not unless you want to. The only benefit to having Banner is that you can farm slightly more are reactors.

Which is pointless because the limiting factor seems to be metal scraps, which the mission board for some stupid reason doesn't prioritize. At the rate they are currently dropping, doing missions with 100% uptime and assuming a scrap mission is always available, it would still take between 28 and 36 days to get the hulkbuster armor.

This event is looking real dumb y'all.

EDIT: actually, it looks like they're saying that you can spend arc plating to purchase stuff other than Hulkbuster armor later on, so that could be okay, but the not prioritizing metal scraps is still real fuckin dumb.

Old Kentucky Shark fucked around with this message at 11:22 on Jan 4, 2018

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

paradoxGentleman posted:

I'm still not sure what these prizes that I could get instead of the Hulkbuster are. I don't really give a poo poo about the Hulkbuster, but I was hoping I could get Heimdall. Turns out you need shards for him.

Just decos so far.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

Aphrodite posted:

I wonder how many shards you would have had to spend to actually get Hulkbuster.
Before they upped the drop rate, I saw it estimated at $100 for the metal alone.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If they're gonna do Wanda, and they probably aren't, it would make more sense to do her in May, when the movie she's in actually comes out.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

I normally don't go for the costumes, but I really want all the listed costumes...

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

Aphrodite posted:

She's the only Avenger not in now right? Seems like an obvious add for some part of this Infinity War stuff.

It would be obvious if she weren't a mutant. Mutants have been conspicuously absent from the lineup at every step of the game.

Which is weird, because video games are explicitly exempt from all the various contracts marvel made to license their characters different various studios as long as they don't explicitly use the movie likenesses of the characters from non MCU films. But there has to be some reason they're avoiding it, because not having Wolverine be a teacher at the Academy is just leaving money on the table.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

Aphrodite posted:

The early characters you can get shards for early are Tony, Wasp, Widow, Loki, both kinds of Bucky (not Cap, even though they look very similar), and Enchantress. You should probably use Tony since he gets gold for free, then add another tank. Not sure if kid Bucky is a tank or not, I used Cap because their icons look so similar I didn’t realize it wasn’t for him. Now it’s too late, I put in tons of XP.

Support don’t actually do much until they get to gold tier so I haven’t even bothered with Loki.

1 tank 4 strikers works really well early on, since Gold Tony is a souped up tank. I'm using Gold Tony, Silver Wasp, Silver Widow, Spiderwoman and Wiccan and working my way through tier 4 now..

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

PSA: the newest AvAc update seems to have severely nerfed combat by limiting max character levels to 10 (was 20, and unenforced).

This may be a temporary move to keep people from steamrolling the BP event.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

Aphrodite posted:

It wasn't 20, it was whatever your academy level is.

Yeah, but it maxed out at 20 for levels 30-40 (ie, where everyone was stuck at in the old game). Now it's 10 all the way up through 40+.

EDIT: oh, wait, this may be the mission board bug that was supposed to be fixed in 2.1 But instead of fixing the bug, they just transferred it to me instead. Great.

Old Kentucky Shark fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Feb 16, 2018

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

GLOSS posted:

This game requires an "autoplay if you've 3 starred this battle" option so bad, it makes Galaxy of Heroes so much easier to play and you don't have to slog through 30 seconds of 4x animation every time you wanna grind through for level up items...

They’re supposed to add some quality of life features this week, possibly including this and the ability to remember your last team.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

Applied to Squirrel Squad as OKShark

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

Aphrodite posted:

Scarlet Witch confirmed for Infinity War event in Academy.

(Also Thane and Teen Groot, for a 3rd Groot variant. We are Groot.)

Well, alright. Kind of makes up for a weak-rear end JJ event.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

Retro Futurist posted:

I can’t imagine how they expect anyone to get into Academy now. I don’t think I’ve gotten past the first map on any of these events, and I’ve already had most of the characters ranked up.

Yeah, this is crazy. I'm farming the next to last regular map for XP materials, and it's going to take 1.5 weeks just to level the characters I have to maybe beat map 2 maybe.

• Locked thread