Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

I say that Iron Widow is going to be really important. One thing found in the Reddit page for Avengers Academy (which is a great source for info and for data mining) says that after you do some story specific quests with her she gets added to the Mission Board for a (relatively) quick mission that gives important rewards.

Basically she is an investment, so get her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Aphrodite posted:

The only bad one like that is the 2 Hulks heroic.

In most cases they're setup so that the 2 that use the same building combine for less time than the 3rd's action.

Yeah if you ever get the Red Hulk/ Abomb mission involving the quinn jet, you are always better off skipping it rather then tie the building up for 16 hours.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

The Reddit for Avengers Academy is an excellent source of info.

https://www.reddit.com/r/avengersacademygame/

Like I learnt all kinds of fascinating tips. Like there are cheaper ways of skipping certain tasks, like getting Black Panther to level 3.

To get BP to level 3 you need 10,000 + Vibrinium, 50 Daggers and 20 of those Black Panther cowls that drop every 4 hours from the Cap statue. To collect them all would take you at least 80 hours.
Now if you try and fast track the task (spending shards to complete it) it will cost you thousands of shards.
But the guys on the Reddit did the math and worked out it calculates it at something like 1 shard = 19 vibrinium. 20 shards = 1 Dagger, etc.. And to fast complete the drop for a Black Panther cowel from the Cap Statue is something like 20-40 shards.

But if you have all the Vibrinium and Daggers And go fast complete Black Panther's upgrade when you don't have all the cowls, it calculates it as 1 shard = 1 cowl.
For me, that meant this morning when I had the 10,000+ Vibrinium, 50 daggers but only 8 Cowls, I only had to spend 12 shards to get Black Panther. Considering that 12 cowls would have taken me at a minimum 48 hours to get, this was a no brainer.

I now have a rank 3 Black Panther and I should have started the research on the level 4 droids by lunch time.

They also say that (mathmatically) it works out cheaper to pay shards for the Belts/ Radios you don't have then sending three robots/agents to take down 1 Hydra guy.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

twistedmentat posted:

I was just about to post that. Also, a friend of mine who is far ahead of me, but started nearly 3 weeks after I did, told me his secret is never bother with missions that don't drop anything other than money; cancel quests until you get at least a pym particle or a textbook.

I'm curious what this big summer event will be, I just hope they won't add more waifus to the premium character slots.

You can game the system if you know how to do it.

Like the Mission Board always has to ha e one mission with text books.

So say you complete all six missions but don't collect them until they are all finished.
Then you collect the mission with the rewards you want (the textbooks.)
You then get a new textbook mission. But if it's an 8 hour dancing mission you just discard it.
The mission goes blank and you get a new mission in 30 minutes. Meanwhile you have five other completed missions ready for collection.
You collect another mission and the new mission that one gives you will be one that rewards text books.

The trick is to keep cycling missions until you get a 1 minute/3 minute mission that rewards 1-2 textbooks over an 8 hour mission that rewards 4 textbooks.

That's how I leveled up all my normal heroes.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

GLOSS posted:

Looks like the Spider-Man event is already up and running, with a new update out and the first Spider-Man related task already popping up for me. Right now it says Black Cat, Ock, Goblin and Spider-Gwen are the new characters in the update notes, we'll have to see if either Goblin or Ock are actually recruitable or they'll be the one(s) we shove into a glass box when all of this is done...

The quests are basically place holders. You complete them and get a message about how the event is "coming soon"

So get them out of the way, but don't rush them as you won't start earning rewards from it.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Aphrodite posted:

You need a few of those folders for the newsstand and Statue of Liberty replica though so don't blow them all on crates right away.

Actually getting the Statute of Liberty and other stuff gets you a total of 5 Goblin coins.

Opening the Crates get you a load of stuff including up to 10 Goblin coins.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

I don't know how much the decorations cost, but the first one the Wrestling poster was 2000+ Oscoins and four evidences (and I think 1 evidence turns to 1 Bugle Headline.)

So that first of the four decorations was more expensive than four Spider-crates.

No maybe I'm wrong, but I see no chance of me getting decorations (that I'm not interested in) and five Goblin Tokens before Wednesday. But I can easily get at least 6 Bugle Headlines which I am willing to bet will give me at least 5 Goblin Tokens. Not to mention the Spider Man tokens I need to get Spidey to level 5 and out of his awful half costume thing.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

And all it will require is for you to buy $20 on some character. And a building thst makes things for one week.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

That's why they put out the Haunted Avengers Graveyard. It is another place that let's you do Hangouts. And these ones only take 2 hours...

And all it costs is 995 shards. Tiny Co. We know how to make money.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

If you have Angela, it's not too hard to get her Huntress outfit. Basically once you get her, you need 7 Glaives that drop randomly from Malekeith's guards. They have a 16 hour respawn time, but if you reset Malekeith's health then the guards respawn. So as long as you have cannons you can farm the guards for the blades quite quickly.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Even while your dudes are training, they can be sent to do fights. That might help out.

But even as it is, this event is rigged that only the most powerful of Wallet Warriors will have a chance at the cages. As it is, you might be able to get two characters you don't have. (Assuming the keys are transferable from week to week.)
Getting the theoretical maximum of four will be near impossible for Free to Players or even minor spenders.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

I had all the free heroes it's giving away. I thought I would be able to get two box heroes (because I really wanted Punisher. But from all the annicdotial evidence I'm hearing you can only get him on your third or fourth box. Which is horseshit, but whatever.)

So I figured if I got Five keys from each boss I could do two boxes. And that was going fine.

Then this week they decide instead of you having six characters to fight the boss with...you only get five.
And the boss, Ronan, is just as hard as any other boss. So making it that you only have five characters to throw at him means you can't run two full teams. It's so rigged.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

paradoxGentleman posted:

You know what would be neat to get for the Thor event? Thor, who theoretically should be unlockable at level 35 but is premium exclusive at the moment, under the guise of "Early Access".

Nope. Hulk was unlockable at level 35 or premium Early Access.

Thor is unlockable at level 50 (54?) Or premium Early Access.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Napoleon Nelson posted:

Are the Russian tea cakes purely RNG after the first? I only have 3 left and I can't seem to get them to drop

Word on the street is that the second last and maybe the last mission have a horrible drop rate for tea cakes.

I got the first eight no problem, had to do one mission twice to get it. But I have done the second last mission three times with no second tea cake.
The drops for the cards to rank up Crimson Dynamo post event are also supposed to be a wall of pain.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Guys I had €20 of disposable income. And instead of buying shards to do more attempts at heroic fights to possible earn hats to craft into cards which would rank up the Crimson Dynamo by one rank and have no cosmetic effect, I spent the money on pants. In the real world.

I think I have a problem.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

nerdman42 posted:

jesus trying to get enough shields from the Hand guy for Misty's outfit is impossible. Is Stick powerful enough to do some lasting damage or should I just call it quits here with the defenders I care about?

Boss number 5 is the road block. Boss six has lower hitpoints then him.
And the problem is unless you have Stick, the only person who does extra damage against him is Daredevil.
Boss six is weak to Toxic so a good team of Claire, Foggy and Misty can take him down.
Boss seven has the most hitpoints but there are a lot of strong characters (Luke Cage, Joe Fixit, IF particularly if you have his costume.)

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Retro Futurist posted:

That Madame Hydra, nothing gets by her.

They say the same thing to Baron Zemo. I wonder is it a mistake.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Retro Futurist posted:

Man I am sure am having fun not leveling any of these new characters up.

TinyCo exec: New plan guys. Make the rank up items controlled by RNG.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

So I downloaded Future Fight. And the game seems fun, even if I have no idea what I'm doing.
Where is a good place to start. The game is offering me free characters and things. Which ones should I take?
Do I focus on playing the story mode, or is it like Avengers Assemble where I should do the tie in events when they are up?

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Jeabus Mahogany posted:

Playing Future Fight reminds me of how much I miss Avengers Alliance

When you compare what the game started ad (a Flash based Facebook game to tie into the Avengers movie) to what it ended up becoming it is astonishing. That game was too beautiful for this world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Aphrodite posted:

It's basically Avengers Alliance 2 2.

Be careful what you say. Many games tried to take that title.
Avengers Alliance Tactics, Avengers Alliance 2...none of them succeeded.

You are setting up for high expectations.

• Locked thread