Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Hey all. It was suggested a few days ago that we should have a general thread for Marvel mobile games, as all we have currently is the Avengers Alliance thread, so... here it is!

The Games:

Avengers Alliance

A turn based social network game, available in browsers and on mobile phones. You take control of a SHIELD agent, gathering various heroes, and go on various missions. It's currently on its second iteration, and has its own dedicated thread, but you can still talk about it here. Has mutants in it.

Marvel Future Fight

A dungeon crawler/brawler where you raise up heroes and fight hordes of enemies, while gathering biometrics and other items to unlock heroes, power them up, and rank them up. Currently celebrating its anniversary. Doesn't have mutants in it. Games also has <a href=http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3754527>a thread</a> for it.

Contest of Champions

A fighting game where you're summoned by the collector to collect heroes and villains like they're Pokemon. Heroes are unlocked by a roulette, if I believe correctly. Relies on a lot of randomness. It has mutants in it.

Avengers-themed village and Loki dancing simulator. Build and decorate your own academy while leveling up students to unlock new costumes and tasks. Regularly has themed events. Loki dances and Captain America does the Charleston a lot. For eight hours. There are no mutants in this one.

Rules

1. Make it obvious what game you're talking about. We don't want people getting confused.
2. That's it. That's the only rule.

Nodosaur fucked around with this message at 00:12 on May 10, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Avengers Academy

The Civil War event is on. Currently Black Panther is the current unlockable, with Wonder Man as the premium character. As with the Guardians event, you can complete event missions for event currency, with vibranium replacing energy shards as the standard currency. Other event items include decoration, like with Guardians, which generate stuff. Wonder Man, Black Panther, and Black Widow's "Iron Widow" costume can generate soldiers to fight the Hydra agents lurking about the academy, instead of fighting them with students as in Guardians.

As of now, the only characters you can unlock are Black Panther and Wonder Man. There's Agent 13 (Sharon Carter), Crossbones, Madame Hydra, Winter Soldier, and two mystery characters to come. At least one of them is Premium, judging by the golden prison pod dangling from Hydra's tank.

Why are Tony and Steve fighting? Steve and Tony disagree on how best to defend the academy. Steve thinks robot defenders will inevitably go evil, and Tony thinks Steve is old fashioned. In other news, old man yells at cloud.

Event Unlock requirements

Iron Widow
- 2,408 Vibranium
- 8 Spy cameras (get from mission board)
- 6 Widow stars (get from mission board)
- 8 Smoke Bombs (dropped by #TeamIronMan Poster)
- 3 Cloaking Devices (have Widow do the "search for cloaking devices" mission)

Black Panther
- 3,828 Vibranium
- 21 Vibranium Daggers (fight Hydra Agents)
- 8 Kimoyo Cards (dropped by Wakandan Embassy)
- 15 NYC road maps (get from mission board)

#Team Iron Man Poster - (drops Smoke Bombs for Iron Widow every four hours)
- 592 Vibranium

Wakandan Embassy - (drops Kimoyo Cards for Black Panther every four hours)
- 927 Vibranium
- 6 Vibranium Daggers (fight Hydra Agents)
- 10 Heart-Shaped Herbs (get from mission board)

Iron Robots and Shield Recruits have items to generate them but I can't see what they are yet until I unlock Iron Widow, Panther, or Wonder Man. They can already be gotten off the mission board though.

EDIT - I forgot to put the "Games" tag on the thread. Can someone help me out?

Nodosaur fucked around with this message at 05:59 on May 5, 2016

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

They've usually been quick to address stuff like that, so I'm sure they'll get it.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I'm sure the event will throw some use at her before long. That's what happened with Iron Man and Wasp after all.

Edit - wait. Iron Widow doesn't require daggers.

Nodosaur fucked around with this message at 19:52 on May 7, 2016

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I image items like daggers will be more plentiful in the upcoming episodes. Chitauri Armors were slow to come by early in the GOTG event too.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Aphrodite posted:

Definitely, especially with the bobblehead needing 80, but they also didn't start with Star Lord needing so many in GOTG.

well, by the end of GoTG's event I was swimming in 180 advanced chitauri armors and I didn't even pay for anything except characters and a generator.

so I guess it balances out.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

That's weird. I'd contact support.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

twistedmentat posted:

Also Shield Agents seem to need 2x the battle plans to train now.

It's annoying that outside of Nebula, all the Guardians are locked in whatever level you had them at when the event ended, you cannot upgrade them with gold, only the event currency. Nebula you can upgrade with gold, only 50k. Though I understood it was going to happen, it's still annoying to go straight from it to the CW event because I haven't even started the Maria Hill questline.

Though the update did enable you gain levels beyond 29.

The Guardians are gonna get a method of leveling them up normally, it's just gonna come a bit later.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

The newest update is out. It adds Sif and "Capbuster Iron Man". Sif is Premium and Capbuster is unlocked through normal gameplay.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Look at this.

Look at this. Look at how ridiculous it is.

I need it.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Madame Hydra is up for recruitment. You have to beat her guards, which requires creating a specific kind of soldier for it.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

The fight to beat Red Skull and unlock the Winter Soldier is on. You need to have your soldiers up to level six at least to get the drops for Bucky's items, I think.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I can't wait to see what high school AU stereotype they turn Green Goblin into.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I want to beat up Otto and take his lunch money.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

This is weird. I accidentally cancelled a mission and a new mission popped up automatically.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I got everyone up to at least level 4, with Ham, Black Cat, and Mary Jane level 5.

Only item I missed was the Gargoyle statue.

Norman should be finishable in act 2 for me.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Well I finished battling Carnage. Now all that's left is finishing upgrading Venom and Miles and I'll have finished everything except getting Ock all the way leveled up in Act 1.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Codependent Poster posted:

You can probably forget about leveling Carol up, though. You apparently need different poo poo each time and some of it is RNG based.

I was also unlucky enough to be on streak 6 for the boss when I got her, which means I need to somehow grind out 4 wins against him when he is now almost impossible to beat. I'm also constantly out of ore and keys and the poo poo you get from keys to fight the ice giants, so this sucks.

And she'll probably cost some astronomical amount of gold to level up when the event is over.

she's not a premium character so that'll be Jen

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

well then

that's a shame

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

wait a minute here

When the hell was Jack O Lantern in this game? I just went through Huntress Angela's story and he just appeared out of nowhere.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

... When??? This entire character passed me by, holy gently caress.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I don't know what I'll do when this game finally freaking adds Hawkeye.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I'm not having so bad a time, but then, I had all but Jack o'Lantern, Blade, and Punisher unlocked already.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

source on that?

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

thanks

but will Pizza Dog compare to the majesty that is British Bulldog?

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

so uh

Ultron is totally in the right here, right?

I mean

Everything he said to Tony is absolutely true

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Retro Futurist posted:

Any big spenders get Odin yet and know what's required to unlock his outfit? I haven't bothered with any of the outfits before since they seem so impossible to get, but drat I want that Kirby suit

it's all in the faq.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

where'd you hear about the x-men in future fight?

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

That design for Medusa is adorable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

... isn’t that The Sentry’s bit

• Locked thread