Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
For its faults, Avengers Academy does play really fair. If you unlock an item, any task you have ongoing will have the item added to its rewards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Iron Widow has an action where she Solid Snakes it around, so that alone is worth it.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

AfroSquirrel posted:

Which of these games has Carol Danvers and is therefore the best?

She's in Future Fight, Conquest of Champions and Puzzle Quest. She's mentioned in dialog on Academy a lot though, so she'll probably be introduced in the future.

How long do you have to hold your finger on someone? And do you do it in the man quad screen or in the action select one?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

MarcusSA posted:

It's a hard press in the main screen and it only takes a second.

Yea, not working for me. Maybe because I've spent real money on the game.

Oh Spider-Man is only 1k crystals in AA because he's early access, so lets hope they have a Spiderverse event and give us Miles, Gwen, Cindy, and hopefully Miguel and Ben.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Also Shield Agents seem to need 2x the battle plans to train now.

It's annoying that outside of Nebula, all the Guardians are locked in whatever level you had them at when the event ended, you cannot upgrade them with gold, only the event currency. Nebula you can upgrade with gold, only 50k. Though I understood it was going to happen, it's still annoying to go straight from it to the CW event because I haven't even started the Maria Hill questline.

Though the update did enable you gain levels beyond 29.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Aphrodite posted:

Yondu is also upgradeable. It's the 2 premiums.

When offered 2 blue people for money, I'm going to go with the babe.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

GLOSS posted:

Yeah, don't build the 3rd things for Iron Man or Cap until Black Panther is leveled up. Those things that upgrade the Embassy drop from level 4 Hydra goons, which are also items needed to unlock Crossbones. But when you build those two buildings, Crossbones unlocks but you only have 7 days to get him, and getting him requires killing level 4 Hydra goons, which really means you need level 4 bots and recruits, which you can't get until Panther is level 3. I think I may have screwed myself by getting too far ahead, and the 2 hours it takes to build these stupid robots is just dragging me down hard...

I haven't gotten that far, but last time there was a counter to getting a character it was just for a bonus, not the character. I remember panicing during the Hulk event about that, but still got Red Hulk even though his quest timer went down.

Though they keep trying new stuff with each event, just as long as they don't go the direction Family Guy does.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I bought one box, got 4500 vibranium so, not so bad. Though Sif is coming soon, and I know i'm going to drop money on her.

Dammit, stop making your premium characters cool ladies!

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Hah sif being 15bux. But I like how one of things you need to collect for the Capbuster are Apple Pies.

I know this isn't about a mobile game, but I just bought Lego Avengers, and i can't figure out at what point the game will let you select characters in free roam.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Aphrodite posted:

Other than Spider-Woman, premium characters are always $15 or more. She's one of the cheap ones.

I swear I paid $10 for Simon.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Aphrodite posted:

A wiki page says both he and Sif were 495.

I must have had some crystals beforehand then. I really cannot get any interest in getting Crossbones, so I've been doing the training and arm wrestling, but i've been using the other dropped items and vibranium to upgrade the embassy and Wonderman.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Red Skulls guards regenerate too fast, so I could only get to streak 4 before he reset, and that was spending crystals to complete some guys to beat him up. I've resigned to not being able to get Bucky, but I got everyone else, so it's not so bad. I've also maxed out BP and Agent 13 in levels, so not so bad.

Hoping they'll lay off events for a bit so I have time to unlock Maria Hill.

I feel like Avengers Academy is a game where you need to set alarms to remind you to go back in so you don't miss anything.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Yea, I got all the boxes I could, which nabbed me a lot of stuff which was great. And yes, it's complete BS that RS guards regenerate so fast, Vyper's took like 12 hours to come back. Though I cannot get Bucky's bike because I haven't been able to level my troops to level 10 to get the items I need.

Ronan's cell is dropping some kind of token now, but I have no idea what it does.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Oh crap, you're right. I never bothered to look at how much it would cost to skip the sleeping panther. Though now I'm stuck with 14 more cap cards to get, and only at streak 3 with Red Skull.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
2 days ago I had 10 cap cards, and today, I have 11 cap cards.

I wonder if Captain Britain will look like current, Excalibur Captain Britain, or classic, Lannister Captain Britain. I have been playing Lego Avengers and they have the old school outfit on him, because the one everyone actually knows is too tied into an excellent but forgotten X-men title from the 80s and 90s. Actually the fact the X Mansion is replaced by the Avengers facility between Lego Marvel and Lego Avengers is pretty telling.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I was just about to post that. Also, a friend of mine who is far ahead of me, but started nearly 3 weeks after I did, told me his secret is never bother with missions that don't drop anything other than money; cancel quests until you get at least a pym particle or a textbook.

I'm curious what this big summer event will be, I just hope they won't add more waifus to the premium character slots.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
The Eng-ger-Land event is up. Brian is a premium character, and of course, he's wearing his old school Marvel UK costume, because the costume that people actually know is tainted by too much exposure to X-men.

God this is so loving stupid. I hope Pearlmutter has a stroke or something.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Glad I didn't buy him. At least Sif has an action where she beats up Loki for an hour.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I wasn't about to beat BK at all for the first few days, he'd always knock out my party right away, but suddenly, his two attacks in a row stopped happening constantly. So i'm only 2 victories away, so there's a chance. Considering I've been sleeping like garbage because of the calcification of ligament in my shoulder right now, so I can fight every 3 hours.

I don't have Union Jack so that's why I had so much trouble beating BK.

Hoping the big Summer event is a A-force Event, though it will probably be Inhumans.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

TFRazorsaw posted:

I can't wait to see what high school AU stereotype they turn Green Goblin into.

Probably do it as Harry. If Spider-Man event gives us Silk and Spider-Gwen i'd be happy.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Retro Futurist posted:

Just a heads up after you get 100 chalices you still have to beat BK 1 more time, because life is pain.

gently caress you TinyCo. I thought I had a chance.

Aphrodite posted:

Gwen is unofficially confirmed, she's in the files.

Is there any indication if she's premium or a regular character?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Level 5 sif requires 100k coins, level 3 nebula, 56k.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Retro Futurist posted:

Tasks are up now. Nothing on the main quest but the board missions are go. 2 hours if you dismiss one fyi

If they're only giving up to 20 spider tokens and you need 1k for the first reward ladder item, then it won't be worth dropping them.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
It's really annoying because I bought spider-woman for 200 shards during the beta (it was a beta only sale) and now i'm screwed for getting shards forever for free.

Man I'd pay real money for Spider-ham if I didn't think Gwen will also be a premium character later on. I've just invited Spider-man, he's going to need 2099 oz tokens but its probably better to unlock all the buildings first.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I can imagine getting web fluid for crafting is going to be the most annoying thing. I've only seen heroic tasks drop it so far.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Me too! Next is to unlock Undercover Wasp, I've unlocked all the film lab slots too, which is the main thing I need for her outfit.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

SeannieDarko posted:

Yeah I went ahead and unlocked the last film lab. I figure it's going to take me the same amount of time to build my money and film back up to get Reporter Wasp.

I'm finding OsBux's pretty easy to get, i was able to get the 2099 for Spidy in about half a day.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
And you can only get the folders if you have Reporter Wasp or Spider-Ham as well.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Yea, I'm only going to buy Gwen, and that's only if shes a premium character. The only decoration I got was the wrestling one and they're already out of the store.

Okay, Spider-Man is using a drone to water ski, that's kind of awesome.

And to the Leader "Where did you come from?" and the leader replies "the door was open".

It looks like you need to buy the chests to upgrade Parker, becuase those are the only place I can find the Spider-Man tokens dropping.

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Jun 30, 2016

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Yea, I noticed that. And it's been taking way too long to start chapter 2. Been I think 3 days, I don't know why they dropped the part 1 rewards and didn't add the part 2 right away. Dammit I want Black Cat.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Black Cat is available for recruitment.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
The one benefit of the delay was I had tons of OzBux so I was able to buy everything right away, even get a 3rd slot in the power plant.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I need 6 more tokens for Felicia. If I can get her and MJ I'll be happy.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
So I guess as long as you can beat the lizard 3 times you get Felicia.

Does anyone know if the Lizard is going to be still around when part 2 ends? I could see a new enemy in chapter 2, but i wouldn't put it past them to limit it to the current part.

And yes, you had until part 2 ends to defeat Lizard 7 times. Another hour and i could have beaten him the 7th time.

Anyways, looks like Mary Jane is going to be Iron Spider.

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Jul 9, 2016

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Once I got Ock, I just stopped caring about Goblin because I knew there was no way to beat him before the time was up, so I just concentrated in upgrading him, black cat and MJ as high as I could.

Please let Gwen just be a normal unlockable character.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Yea, going from a 50hp guard to 245 was really loving bullshit.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Gwen is on the splash page, and so is venom, so i doubt it, but yea, Silk or Miles or Mayday or whomever they add will be premium.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Well, it was going to be her or Cindy.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Yep, I didn't even try, I just care about Gwen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

unseenlibrarian posted:

On the upside, Venom doesn't reset to Streak 1 when time runs out, he just heals up. On the downside, it costs 150 shards instead of 100 to extend the time limit.

Yea, that was good news. I did manage to get the symbiot Widow costume, Which in theory should make it easier, but hahaha, no.

• Locked thread