Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

In addition to the MCU and DCCU, we have:

-Universal monsters shared universe
-Kaiju shared universe
-Transformers/GI Joe
-Hanna Barbara (I don't believe this will happen)

What am I missing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would this Batman really work in a storyline with a Damian in it? I'm not seeing it.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Chickenwalker posted:

Does Netflix count as a movie since it's episodic? The Luke Cage thing looks like it's going to be too serious and try-hard with its Inner City Blues horseshit. Framing Hell's Kitchen as some awful shithole is one thing because it's so far removed from reality, but making it seem as though Harlem is the crime-ridden black neighborhood seems behind the times. There is no one black neighborhood in New York, and Harlem certainly isn't the worst of them. It all just seems like very hackneyed "Dangerous Minds" type of drama.
I don't think that's what they are going for at all.

also the last time I checked aliens didn't level part of Hell's Kitchen

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

The trailers were god awful and the impression I get is that the writing is terrible. It felt like a cheap cash in to me with all of the product placement and distracting CGI. I think one thing people forget about the original is that at times the performances are very subtle and the characters are extremely well written. It's too bad they had all of those issues with Winston's character being downgraded from an original script since he was a good fit with the rest of them as the skeptic.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

The original script had her in the Leslie Jones role, basically playing a version of her character that she always plays. Apparently she didn't want to do that.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

My favorite part about any fan conspiracies is that Warner Brothers owns Rotten Tomatoes.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

In the grand scheme of things, those morons are the tiniest of a tiny fraction of people. They just happen to be loud.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Marvel is doing a Runaways TV series through Hulu.

http://www.eonline.com/news/788253/...imdb_topstories

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

It will probably have some kind of international partner.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I've already seen a picture of Zendaya on Twitter that is her with red hair and it looks fine.

I don't know anything about her as an actress but it's not like MJ is a deep character.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Tarantino would be good on an obscure property no one cares much about where he can just do what he wants.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

He did say that immediately after the 2nd part came out, but I think the last time someone asked him about that he said he wasn't really interested in doing something like that

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Doug Liman is onboard for Justice League Dark, which is confirmed to now be part of the DCCU upcoming slate of films

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Codependent Poster posted:

I really liked Seeking a Friend for the End of the World so hope Scafaria gets it.
Tonally that was the weirdest movie I've seen in my life. It feels like at least two movies slammed together and it's very awkward.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Deadpool originally started as a Deathstroke rip-off but thankfully became more than that over the years

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I'm pretty sure Thanos was ripped off from Darkseid but I could be wrong.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Toxxupation posted:

Probably gonna make him a miserable super-serious oval office though, defeating the whole purpose of casting Joe Mangianello in your thing, but whatever.
That would fit with 90% of the characters in the DCCU so far, so probably

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Marvel is shopping a New Warriors TV series concept that would probably star Squirrel Girl to some networks, mostly ABC which already has Agents of SHIELD

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/08/31/marvel-developing-new-warriors-comedy-tv-series-focused-on-squirrel-girl

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Say what you will about Ryan Reynolds...but he wants his projects done right....I mean how long did he work on getting this made? 8 years?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

They already made offhand mention of what happened with Uncle Ben anyway in Civil War, and that was the best way to handle it.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

notthegoatseguy posted:

Didn't Aunt May in SM2 heavily hint that she knew as well?
Yeah she knows.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Dacap posted:

I think all the Marvel Netflix shows would have been improved by cutting the number of episodes down to 10 or so. JJ especially.
Agreed...that and not taking the chance to off that one Jessica Jones neighbor character who had an unhealthy relationship with her brother

DD Season 2 was great with the Punisher stuff and much less so with the Hand. They clearly didn't figure out what they actually wanted as a goal in NYC because it is incredibly murky.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

If I remember correctly wasn't Paul Walker offered the role before Routh was but he didn't want to sign a long-term deal?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I may be confusing Paul Walker with someone else but I remember a lot of big names at the time being under consideration and a couple turned them down.

Jude Law as Superman would have been just weird to look at.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I forget, didn't it leak that Joker is going to appear in Justice League? I'm a bit surprised to hear Deathstroke is the main villain in the Batman solo film after they have hinted at or set up Joker in 2 films now.

Then again the Joker was poorly received so I wonder if they are going to reduce his appearances. But probably not because this is DC we're talking about

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

twistedmentat posted:

I have read that Phasma is meant to be a major part of 2 and 3, but it was still a waste of a great actress.
Which I don't understand because she easily could have been written out of TFA without anyone noticing.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I liked what they were going for in the beginning with STID, but once it just devolved into a bad Wrath of Khan rehash I lost interest.

I would still rather rewatch it again before I would rewatch TMP, FF, Insurrection, or Nemesis.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Is Hate Monger the old Cap villain who originally was pretty much just a guy in a Klan hood?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

If they were going that direction I would have thought they would go with someone like Bastion.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

notthegoatseguy posted:

Isn't Wesley Snipes hoping to reprise his role as Blade?
Yes but that was wishful thinking. Like when Stephen Dorff kept saying that they were going to make a movie about his character from Blade 1. I never understood why he thought that was remotely plausible.

Would be nice to get a Snipes cameo in whatever future Blade thing Marvel does. I think he would be a perfect candidate for a Netflix show.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I'm a bit confused on how this fits into the new continuity they established for the modern day X-Men stuff post-DOFP where it seemed like the awful future was avoided and mutants were doing well.

Granted I'm probably overthinking this because most of the X-films don't match up time wise even before the DOFP reset

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I'm still surprised that they are not going with Mr. Sinister or at least his regular name.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Is that the one probably set in the 1990s?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Donald Pierce looks like he wandered over from the Deus Ex set

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

There are like 6 Star Wars games that have been in development since Disney bought the SW rights and so far only Battlefront has been released

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I loved how with all of the DLC that would be a $150 game. The season pass was like $90 I think?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

The Sandman stuff belonged in a better movie

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

It's about 15 years too late on a Sonic movie, at minimum.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

The Genesis ones are fine. I didn't play anything after that. A lot of people like Sonic Adventure but it and its sequel don't look like much fun to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I'm cool with getting RDJ in all the future Marvel films.

I'll be interested to see how much he's actually in Homecoming.

• Locked thread