Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
They're not even gonna have to use that voodoo magic they did to Michael Douglas, RDJ and Kurt Russell, are they? Black don't crack indeed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

FlamingLiberal posted:

I'm sorry but the color of that costume bothers me. I don't know if it is supposed to look like the traditional colors once they finish all of the work, but the green looks weird to me.

It's probably a standard Kree uniform and then in the third act SHIELD make her a new suit in the normal colours.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Chill Penguin posted:

So,
who all is still alive? Stark, Nebula, Cap, Widow, Banner, Thor, Rocket, War Machine, Okoye... Shuri?
Hawkeye? Ant-Man & Wasp? Maybe Vision somehow?
Am I missing anyone?

Interesting that all of the original 6 are left, if Hawkeye is alive.

IW
Captain America
Iron Man
Black Widow
Hulk
Thor
War Machine
Rocket
Nebula
Okoye
Vision MAY be repairable if Shuri, Stark and Banner can have a look. Maybe borrow some tech from Rocket or Nebula.

I don't think we see Shuri. And Hawkeye, Ant-Man and Wasp are not seen, so we don't know. I'd almost suspect Clint and Hope made it and Scott didn't.

I bet the six original Avengers each get a stone and that's somehow key to fixing things, maybe they have to sacrifice themselves because their contracts are up

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
You missed the best track from the movie: https://twitter.com/electrolemon/status/990329584800350208

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

FlamingLiberal posted:

The credits are pretty great too

I must have missed Ray Romano's scene. I knew I shouldn't have gone to take a leak while Strange was being tortured

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

The only thing I'd say might be deliberate and wind up as hubris, is Iron Man living. Thanos wouldn't let him live because he respects him, but he MIGHT have allowed him to live because he gave Strange his word that Stark would be spared.

Also, didn't Feige say they're not doing anything at Hall H this year?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

X-O posted:

KSD fans went nuts over that book. The "Carol Corps" turned out to mostly just be KSD fans and not fans of the character. Every iteration of the book since has been a hundred times better than her runs. Except for the Civil War II stuff. That was a misstep. All the Alpha Flight and Ultimates stuff made up for it though.

Ironically, most of the detractors now also seem to mainly be people who hate KSD (some to a degree that is a little worrying) and have never bothered looking at the title since she left, because as you note, it's largely been very solid, and the team books (mainly Ultimates) have been phenomenal, but all you hear is "Kelly-Sue's run was so terrible"

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Hill works for Stark/what was left of the Avengers/sort of resurrected SHIELD at the end of Civil War and Fury is still officially dead.

Pretty sloppy for a professional spy who is supposed to be dead to cruise around New York in a suburban.

Hide in plain sight.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Mulva posted:

But I mean the majority of the people that followed him are dead, so it's like.....why would someone follow a god of failure? Tony Stark can fly, and capitalism destroyed the Nordic religion the first time. Why settle for less?

-Tony Stark, 2018

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
They're also just about to do a mini series that seems to be intended to be the mass market 'here's the comics origin' trade for when the movie comes out: The Life Of Captain Marvel.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

zoux posted:

Was Miles' dad a cop in the comics?

Also Jake Johnson as Peter Parker is inspired.

Visually he looks a lot like Jake Gyllenhaal, oddly.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

I like that they're being pretty open in this trailer that "yes, they're superheroes/villains" as the whole gimmick of the therapist had me concerned that they were going to try and put that genie back in the bottle. Granted, Shyamalan's rep means that could still becoming, but I'd say it's more likely Anna Taylor-Joy's character ends up also having powers. She has an alliterative name and it would even up the sides.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Codependent Poster posted:

He is, but so far they've just shown him as Miles so no word if he gets spider-powers too.

He likely will, but either for the sequel or mid-game twist.

The most recent trailer briefly makes it look like you may also play as MJ.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Codependent Poster posted:

Yeah, they've said that in the game you have sections you play as Peter and MJ too.

I think there are good odds you end up playing as Miles but I think they're gonna save that for closer to the game release or not say it at all because it's a twist in the game.

The game's out in 6 weeks.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Miller should dress like that in the Flash movie if they ever make it. Looks way better than the standard-issue geek hoodie they gave him in JL.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

SonicRulez posted:

How? That seems like a wildly inappropriate opponent for a bunch of bullets and a lady with a sword.

That's the point, though? The Enchantress was also way above their level. They're a bunch of fuckups who punch above their weight class.

• Locked thread