Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

TFRazorsaw posted:

But Negasonic Teenage Warhead is basically already Cannonball.

It will be her twin brother

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Civil war was cool and good.
I'm REALLY excited for Black Panther and Spiderman now

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Cythereal posted:

Maybe more to the point, the world isn't going to let Tony especially pick Pepper over the suit. He's tried that two or three times now and poo poo keeps happening that demands Iron Man.

So this made me think a little, regarding situations that would "demand" Iron Man or Cap or whoever.

It's like what Spiderman says: now that he has the power to save people, anytime he doesn't its his fault.
But to me this is like saying: man this fresh drinking water is life-saving, all those people in Africa that died from not having any is my fault!

Or am I misinterpreting what he is saying and he actually means what Vision said early on in the film " Because I have these powers and I'm spiderman now, criminals want to challenge/fight me so its indirectly my fault that they are here to begin with?"

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Dexo posted:

It's the Superman zone of influence thing

There is a "zone" that every person has where they can have a direct influence on those around them. For instance using your water analogy. It would be like if you were walking around with your plentiful amounts drinking water and ran into someone who was thirsty and didn't have water and just needed some of yours to make it and survive.

It's literally Spider-man's Origin story. He didn't stop a bad guy and Uncle Ben died because of it. So now if Peter sees something that he could do to help he won't hesitate to do it. Because if he didn't the consequences are on him.

(Superman's zone of influence is entire galaxies lol)

Okay so the water analogy doesnt really work I guess.

I guess its more like, if you are a mandated reporter and see signs of a child being abused and do nothing about it.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

MacheteZombie posted:

I've seen many people describe Iron Man as a C-List/D-List character prior to the MCU and they made that work. Maybe Marvel could at least try?

Squirrel Girl could easily work with a tone similar to GotG, hell it justifiably could get away with an even sillier tone.

Yeah. If you showed people a list of the male Marvel heroes in 2007 and said "guess which ones will get their own movies or feature in movies in the next ten years", everyone would have been wrong.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Sp1r0_Agn3W posted:

name one other thing

Mad men?

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

mikeraskol posted:

The portrayal of Sue Storm as a weirdo with some sort of development disorder that loves patterns was so odd. I don't think I'll ever understand that decision.

Not ok with this. Michael B. Jordan is too good to be a one-time villain and then done.

I don't know anything about Black Panther. Does he have any cool big-bad villains that he could be?

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

mikeraskol posted:

Honestly that FF movie was one of the worst movies I've ever seen that was actually attempting to be good. It was offensive it was so bad. Makes BvS look like Citizen Kane.

It's like 25% of a good movie. The beginning had some cool ideas, but the back half of the movie basically being a completely different, shittier film just kills everything.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Toxxupation posted:

Wait, duh guys.

It's Adonis Creed, challenging T'Challa of Wakanda to a boxing match. Of course.

T'Challa needs someone he can actually beat though

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

X-O posted:

When has that ever mattered? But that's also a possibility for him to play, especially if Klaw is back.

I thought Serkis was returning as Klaw

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Toxxupation posted:

I think what I'd do to fix Rogue would be basically making her Captain Marvel (person who can absorb energy and then amplify it into super-powered blasts) except have the whole bit where she's gotta be in physical contact with the source of the energy she's leeching. So it's not like Captain Marvel where it's "Shoot me with your optic blasts, Cyclops, and I will make it even more powerful!" but more like "I'm gonna have to literally start killing this person to unleash my powers". There's even an explanation with the whole "inheriting Carol Danvers' psyche" thing.

Isn't that basically Bishop?

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Who do we cast as Johnny blaze

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

I can't wait for the inevitable scenes between Drax and hulk/Thor/dr strange/ etc.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Aphrodite posted:

Maybe they wrote Ned, then that guy showed up for the audition, and they rolled with it.

I am convinced this is the truth now.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

I hope that means "Pay Lord and Miller whatever amount of money it takes and have them just write the dang script"

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

There were way more kids under 10 in my theater for Logan than I was expecting.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

BrianWilly posted:

Hopefully Chuck has yet another comatose twin whose body he can possess. :buddy:

Come to think of it...if this is the rewritten timeline, then maybe he hasn't already used up the first twin!

Is that really how they explained it for DoFP?

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

If a song is used in a trailer or movie should it just be off-limits for all future media?

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

She will play one character who has the split personalities/powers of Johnny/Sue

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Arist posted:

Read about a scene that almost made it into the movie but was deleted at the last second, with Coogler fighting to the end for it, with W'Kabi and Okoye having a discussion about their opposing views in regards to Killmonger after he takes power. That probably should have been left in, I think; Kaluuya's character is just a bit underdeveloped and the relationship between them needed a bit more fleshing out.

Movie's still great, the more I think about it the more I like it. Might end up being my favorite one of these.

e: here it is: https://io9.gizmodo.com/theres-one-black-panther-deleted-scene-ryan-coogler-fou-1823188204

I almost forgot they were even a couple until she was standing in front of a charging rhino.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

AngryBooch posted:

I think Chadwick was going to play Black Panther doing a Naruto run, there's raw takes on green screen where Black Panther is running like an anime ninja, but it was decided against.

https://twitter.com/lonelytiefling/status/965019167916220419

Watching how movies are actually made makes me sad most of the time.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Soul stone is on that orange planet from the first trailer.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Cap in the elevator will always be my favorite.

"Before we get started, does anybody want to get off?"

I got chills yo!

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I can’t wait for Star Lord to get to Earth and find out there are more than 3 Star Wars films :allears:

Why would you wish this on anybody?

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

This movie is gonna make a poo poo load of money.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Rhyno posted:

And the sounds during that fight, god I get chills at the sounds Bucky's cybernetics make.

Plus the high-pitched whine of the Winter Soldier theme during the whole thing.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

I had children audibly sobbing in my theater.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

AngryBooch posted:

Yo when are we going to see anything official on Captain Marvel though? Comic Con and D23 are over this year, is there some other event or something or are they just going to put a trailer out on some random day?
For reference, Black Panther released on Feb 16, 2018 and it's first official teaser trailer was released online 6/9/17(8 months), full trailer released 10/16/17(4 months). Cpt. Marvel release date is 3/8/19 which puts us right around 7 months, so we should be getting some sort of teaser within the next month I would guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

twistedmentat posted:

What does Disney have coming out in the back half of the year? There's Christopher Robin but I doubt they'd attached a Marvel trailer/teaser to that.

Chris Robin
A totally unnecessary live-action Nutcracker movie
Wreck it Ralph 2
Mary Poppins

• Locked thread