Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.
That was a really good movie and neither Tony nor Steve's character had to be twisted into a pretzel for it to work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

I never buy the estimates. I also don't get them, it's two whole days to wait why do sites even bother? I doubt the studios use them.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

On the airport Tony had the authority to clear the airport and keep the army out of it thanks to the Act and the UN probably foot's the collateral bill.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Toxxupation posted:

Like She-Hulk should've, honestly, gotten her own movie by now and its kinda crazy that Captain Marvel ends up the first female supe to get her own movie.

She-Hulk's rights are probably with Universal like the Hulk's solo movies.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Hang around the X-Men too long and you catch "Actually a Mutant Syndrome"

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

I look froward to the Shmulk Gang and Ahracno-Bitch.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

MacheteZombie posted:

If Spiderman had been told the whole story from Tony I think he'd be conflicted about joining Cap's side as well. it's all about how Tony frames his recruitment speech.

I don't think Tony purposefully manipulated him, the whole "He's wrong but he thinks he's doing the right thing." is how Tony views the conflict.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Tony didn't even know they'd actually be locked up locked up judging by his reaction to the Raft's conditions. He was apparently expecting the heroes to do minimum security badminton on Fridays jail time.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

MacheteZombie posted:

He should probably read and look into that thing he demands everyone sign and be apart of.

It's clear from Tony's reaction the accords didn't specify what kind of conditions the imprisonment entailed since he says he's read the Accords. The Raft was the moment in the movie where Tony and the audience realize it's all gotten away from him. Tony thinks he can control the Accords because earlier in the movie he does, Cap doesn't go to jail for beating up German police and aiding a fugitive Tony makes it where Cap get's locked in an office. Even Bucky who's wanted for exploding the UN gets a reprieve from the Raft until he can get a psychological evaluation.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

How I imagine it.

Geoff: Okay but before the big reveal that both their mom's names are Martha Batman should rip off one of Superman's arms, to show the stakes are high.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

He both knows and reviles them for being counter to his philosophy. Zack Snyder's Mr.A would probably be wonderful though.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Yeah He was in the second Amazing Spider-man for like a minute.

And the ":geno: Avenge me. :argh: AVENGE ME!" Cameo in Rami's 2nd.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

I don't think Wonder Woman is going to do well, BvS was a flaming meteor of anti-hype and one of those movies that despite making money is still going to go down as a flop. It has primed the public against the DCCU on two fronts people think it's either going to be more of the same which means they are going to skip it or that BvS flopping and the shift in executives will trigger a reboot and the movie won't matter so they'll skip it. Normally all this studio stuff flies under the general audience's radar but BvS flopping has made it actual news, news that'll pop back up when Wonder Woman gets close to release.

Suicide Squad might hit but it'll be riding Deadpool's coattails to any success.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Fox would gleefully set piles of money on fire to keep the X-Men gun out of Disney's holster any profit at all is icing.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Generic Spy is second only to Generic Solider as far as boring backstories go.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

BvS Batman's no kill rule is based on lose association with his parents.

"I'm gonna kill you for this!"
"Hi I'm gonna kill you for this, I'm The Joker"
"Was that a dad joke? I had a dad, WE'RE FRIENDS NOW!"

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Did they fix it where Batman goes "Oh, oh yeah I emailed her, sorry I forgot."

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

The alternative is Superman calling out "Mommy"when getting a whoppin, which is against the studio note to make him cool.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

WB execs are reportedly convinced that the real money is in the Hanna-Barbera Shared Cinematic Universe

SirDan3k fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Jul 1, 2016

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Travis343 posted:

There was one 'gently caress' and you can sort of see Ben's rear end.

One gently caress and a glimpse of a man's rear end is still PG13 territory.

I wonder if it was weird for the MPAA to have a studio totally not request a R rating because they are an independent entity with no hint of collusion with big studios?.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Because Thunderbolt Ross is a poo poo who can't stand anybody being more powerful then America's military and by proxy him. It was a big guilt trip applied when they were at a low point.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Doctor Spaceman posted:

They're remaking Magnificent Seven and nobody seems to care, although it could be because it's been ripped off so many times (and is itself a remake) that it doesn't matter.

Nobody actually cares about remakes, the apathy is something Sony tried to combat with the all female cast. However since they lost out to the second week of a talking pet movie I'd say even internet breaking controversy can not shake the collective "I'll catch it on netflix" shrug of the general public towards 99.9% of remakes.

But Brand Recognition™ totally works guys.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Roth posted:

I want to give them benefit of the doubt and just assume they were trying to emphasize the costume, but I really wouldn't surprised if it was for sex appeal.

All the talk of boob manipulation and nobody mentions the weekend intern level color correction?

50% opacity brushes everywhere.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

X-O posted:

They casually intercut between Bruce informing Dick of the news only to receive a much deserved beatdown from him, with panels of Barbara trying to stop a robbery and getting hurt and well, you seem to have nailed it on the first try there.

Did they reveal that was Batman's contingency plan all along?

Or did they manage to usurp even my lowest expectations once again?

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

DrProsek posted:

I will never understand a company creating promotional material that's supposed to get people excited for a film, and then only releasing it to a small group of people and going to great lengths to delay it being posted online.

Even if they release it eventually, I'm not going to be as excited to see it a week after I've seen all the other cool things coming out of Comic Con, like the DC trailers for example.

It's partly for damage control reasons. If the trailer shits the bed with the small audience they can clamp down on it easier and rework it.

I'm sure the comiccon runners push it being exclusive pretty hard as well.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

I have a hard time trusting anything being sold with Queen songs.

You could be selling me on holocaust denial and I'd be too distracted by awesome music to notice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Women used solely as male character motivation.

• Locked thread