Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
I hope Wolverine 3 isn't Old Man Logan but it probably will be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
I don't like it when wolverine dies though. He's one of my favorites.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
I saw Logan Saturday and I liked it. After marinating on the movie though I've got some thoughts about it.

I liked Laura in the movie. I've never been a fan of her in the comics but I liked the movie version. Someone said earlier that the way she acts before Professor X's death and after are different and I have to agree with that.

I'm pretty sure they chose the Old Man Logan because it's an easy way to say bye to the actors and pass the torch and all that but it's funny that Logan being at his weakest is when they use the R-rating. During the scene where he takes the magic serum and is back to full strength briefly, I was a little sad because that's the wolverine movie I wanted to see; basically John Wick but with Wolverine in the place of John Wick. That thought dragged me out the movie for a few seconds but I understand the decision of making him a shadow of his old self and how his clone is just basically a reflection of the wolverine most people think of.

The Reavers felt unnecessary except to show that it was the future and as a shout out to comic fans. They would have been great enemies of a full strength wolverine because cyborgs could probably shrug off him slashing at them but then again I could see the studio doing another Silver Samurai type ending that takes you out of the movie.

So basically if I had to sum up all my stupid nerd feelings, I thought it was a good movie despite me hating the source material. Very good swan song for Stewart and Jackman. Would recommend.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
The Wonder Woman theme is so bad and out of place. I saw the latest trailer when I went to go see GotG 2 and it looked good until that theme kicked in; they really should change it.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012

Cythereal posted:

I get more an insufferably perfect big brother vibe from him than a dad vibe.

Maybe because YOU'RE OOOOOOLD!

If you guys could have one of the MCU movie characters drop by one of the TV shows, which character would you like to see in which show?

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
I'm glad Wonder Woman is getting good reviews; the last trailer sold me on it. Still don't like the theme but in my head I've replaced it with Brothers In Arms from Fury Road.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

Not really.

Most modern versions of Venom focus on the idea of him having shapeshifting tentacles and poo poo more than webbing. The rest of his powers are fairly generic super strength/enhanced speed/etc. He doesn't have Spider-Sense (aside from the few times they hint at it.) "Shapeshifting tentacle monster" defines Venom better than "guy with Spider powers" these days.

Likewise modern Venom is defined far more by the conflict between host and symbiote, either in terms of struggling with the urges or in terms of trying to keep it under control. Spider-Man is a part of it but only because he began as a Spider-Man villain before transitioning into an anti-hero. If you begin with him as an anti-hero then you don't need the villain parts and if you do the Flash Thompson version "Iraq War Vet who loses his legs and gets given a super suit with BIG DOWNSIDES" doesn't need Spider-Man at all.

So they're just going to make a Prototype movie.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
It's going to be a while before Big Bertha is realized on the big screen and that makes me sad.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
I was disappointed no else in my theater laughed at the Willy Wonka moment.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
Well this is Thor's story and his main goal was trying to save Asgard. Thor didn't really force Banner to turn back into the Hulk, Banner did it because he's a hero and knows that the Hulk would be able to save more lives in that situation. Also as covered before, they can't make a Hulk movie so they're spreading it out through other movies. This isn't the last time we see him nor is it the end of his story.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
I think it'd be easy to make a FF movie in the MCU. Just handwave their absence as Reed Richards super science fuckery. Open the movie with them fighting an interdiminsional villain maybe and them returning to a world that doesn't remember them. The main problem of the movie could be them trying to stop Namor from declaring war on the surface world. Boom. FF movie with no DOOM!

Also does marvel have the rights to the android human torch?

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
M'Baku's war chant got me pumped up.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
The MCU made me a Cap fan.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
Deadpool 2 was good. Must have felt bad being beaten to making fun of the sun is getting low thing from AoU.

I'm glad that they didn't kill Nebula is the first Guardians; she's a good character.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
I like that Scott's relationship with his ex-wife and her husband is good. You don't see that too often in movies.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
Would you guys be more interested in a Young Avengers movie or a Thunderbolts movie?

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
I think Jeff Goldblum would have made a good Reed Richards.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
Jon Hamm would make a good Reed Richards. Or David Duchovony.

Gaunab fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Sep 14, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012

Jamesman posted:

I'm gonna call it right now that there's a scene with Joaquin Phoenix and someone else, and that person goes "You're such a joker!"

"You should lighten up!"

• Locked thread