Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

SonicRulez posted:

You can't just have those running around

I love how little attention the movies pay to AoS. There are, like, 14 dudes running around the world more powerful than Spidey but welp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Isn't is supposed to be mostly indestructible? Cap's shield has taken more than a few blasts from Tony but didn't he blow Buck's arm off in this movie?

I did see the reaction it had to the ring, though.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

For some reason I just don't like that Falcon's wings completely disappear when not in use.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

What was the in story reason for Pepper not being in CW? I somehow didn't catch it

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Toxxupation posted:

They couldn't, actually. Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch were co-owned by FOX and Marvel, and FOX was ready to sue Marvel for the rights until they worked out a deal where Marvel keeps SW and FOX keeps Quicksilver. That's why Quicksilver's an only child in the X-Men movies and why Quicksilver gets killed off in AoU, because the deal made it so he could only be in one movie where he had to die at the end of it.

This sounds like some real bullshit, homie

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Yeah, wow, dude. That's some serious racism

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

For some reason I have the strange belief that the Batman in SS isn't Affleck. I'm sure
It's Bruce and all and that is the same character, but I don't think I've ever seen tea confirmation that Ben is in it. Am I wrong?

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Probably Magic posted:

Also, can't believe I missed that the guy from TV on the Radio is going to be in this. This film is going to rule so much.

Which guy

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Mera's movie costume looks okay

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

What's up with the two different Calibans. Seems strange to me.(In theaters November 4th)

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

I feel like I read somewhere that the Black Panter in Civil War was all CGI and that bores me. Spiderman's costume in the new trailer looks fake as hell but at least I think he's actually mostly there

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Pretty sure that's a dude that queued for the wrong Crucible

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

teagone posted:

Yep, it's a 6-part arc, aptly titled "The Lies" that has a "Year One" issue in between each "Lies" issue detailing Diana's origin again. I'm not a fan of the format.

Wait, really? They retconned away everything Azzarello wrote? I stopped reading near the end of his run -- sorry if is old news to everyone else.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Phylodox posted:

I keep hearing great things about Get Out but I'm a great big coward who can't watch horror movies if I can't mute them for, like, half the duration, so...

It's pretty spooky but honestly not that horrific/scary. I'd say give it a shot!

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Aphrodite posted:

Just do Training Day, but Green Lanterns.

Didn't they sort of do that with one of the GL animated movies?

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

I really liked how Flash moved

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Dan Didio posted:

I haven't seen the movie yet, but I think most of the Amazons are female kickboxers and other combat sports athletes, as well.

I really don't think Sage Northcutt earned his spot as an Amazon

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

I hope Franklin's herald is in it

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Sort of

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Madkal posted:

I'm really glad that they made Wakanda look like a futuristic African city without going to extreme one way or another. I am really hoping that the movie does a lot with the "African" aspect of the character instead of just making him a more traditional international hero. As someone from that great big continent known as the country of Africa (joking here about how international media treats Africa like one generic place) I am really interested in a blockbuster movie actually featuring Africans in Africa rocking out.

I'm a white dude so I really probably need better education on these things but I understand it's pretty easy to loop back around to racist if you try to idolize and fetishize other cultures too hard because you DON'T want to come off as racist. Any thoughts on that? I guess most of what I understand about this comes from "Get Out"

Apologies if this is a strange or weird question, truly.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Monaghan posted:

I'm curious as to how They'll handle superman in the next movie considering it's seems to be clearly established that he's miles above most of the characters and his powers are least the same, if not better, than the other characters established strengths/speciality.

Is Superman shown to be faster than the Flash? I️ feel like that undermines the Flash too much

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Koalas March posted:

It's always just a bunch of Flash/DC merch. They used to hang out in S1&2. I haven't been following her social media as much, but she used to mention him sending her presents and do snapchats with the gifts and stuff a lot. I think they also snapchatted together a few times but you'd have to look on tumblr for that stuff. (Yes, there are Candice/Geoff Johns shippers so be careful lol) For example, he sent her this iirc:

Surely not weird

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

nerdman42 posted:

What's the over-under on Death being introduced because all I really need is a servant telling Thanos "no you can't gently caress a skeleton"

Someday goons are going to correctly use over/under

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

I see a Septa logo in the back which means they're setting this in Philadelphia. Awesome, that was the best part of the reboot.

He also looks like Geroge Michael in the muscle suit which is perfect for Shazam

omg chael crash fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Mar 9, 2018

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Inkspot posted:

“Actually, there are seven stones...”

Cut to black.

NO

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

twistedmentat posted:

They look like puppies in suits.

Lets just mine our properties we already have out there, its not like we have nearly a century worth of characters and content to look at.

More female led super hero movies are always a good thing — even if the property had been done before.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

What we do in the Shadows but instead of vampires, they’re all Asgardians

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

I have “friends” on Facebook that keep bringing up that they hope Marvel ditches Carol and makes Mar-Vel the REAL Captain Marvel again. Like, who gives a serious gently caress about Mar-Vel other than lovely people that hate female heroes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Instead of Hawkeye is Hudson Hawk

• Locked thread