Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
I gotta say, I think that she looks good and that costume design works.

But I'm unfortunately still hesitant to put any faith in DC movies just yet. I hope I hear good things about this one and I may actually see it in theaters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
I guess I'd mix. The current X-Men movies are focusing on the past few decades anyways so you could keep that stuff in the loose "canon" but set your movies in a bit more modern times. It benefits from giving you some established background but also gives you freedom to do whatever you want. Outside of Deadpool I don't think we've seen the modern X-Men movie universe post-time travel retcon.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

Ignite Memories posted:

I never want to see another wolverine ever. gently caress wolverine.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
Unrelated, I just want to point out that the only thing that upsets me right now about Fox's movie rights is that until they give them back we can't have Doom in the MCU. I find this thought distressing.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

DrProsek posted:

Yeah, even if Fox could have the F4 and associated characters cross over with X-Men (which I'm not entirely sure if their deal allows for that), it'd still be fundamentally worse than having the F4 and the rest of their characters hang out with the MCU. Even if the F4 are done really well, they still have little to do with mutants beyond "You're kinda a sciency thing, we do science!" compared to the F4 hanging out with heroes like Tony and Bruce, and Doom being a threat to the Avengers works a lot better than using him as an X-Men villain.

Also the lighter tone of the MCU films suits the F4 a lot better than Fox's movies' tones.

Yeah the F4 just don't fit with the X-Men. They're off doing their own poo poo while the F4 actually interacts with most of the other Marvel universe.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

ImpAtom posted:

I don't know, I feel like at least some X-Men are as much an interaction-source as the F4. Wolverine or Beast or whatnot.

Fair enough, there are definite exceptions. But for the most part the X-Men are pretty segregated to their own section of the universe.

And yeah, Doom might be a bit overplayed from fans but so is Deadpool and his movie still turned out great.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
I just looked up Blue Marvel because I'd never heard of him before. That does sound like a far more interesting character to have continue appearing in comics. Is he in any ongoings right now?

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
Thanks, I might check it out.

Unrelated: I just looked up Irredeemable on wikipedia to see how the issues were arranged in the trades and I found this

wikipedia posted:

On May 5, 2016, Deadline announced that 20th Century Fox is making a film adaptation of the comic book written by Tommy Wirkola and directed by Adam McKay.

I don't know whether I should be excited?

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

SirDan3k posted:

Nobody actually cares about remakes, the apathy is something Sony tried to combat with the all female cast. However since they lost out to the second week of a talking pet movie I'd say even internet breaking controversy can not shake the collective "I'll catch it on netflix" shrug of the general public towards 99.9% of remakes.

But Brand Recognition™ totally works guys.

You completely captured my thoughts on this whole thing better than I've ever been able to put into words. Thank you for this post.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
On one hand, yeah hating on people for enjoying something is stupid. But on the other hand, looking at a trailer and deciding "This looks loving awful. I don't want to watch it." is perfectly cool too.

Don't tell people not to enjoy things, but also don't tell them they have to enjoy things.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
We are the saviors the DCCU needs

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
Hundreds of Booster Golds charging at space marines. And a Booster Gold queen.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
Update:

The guy who made Da Vinci Code on The Question

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Nah, Ron Howard is too bland a choice. John Frankenheimer though...

If we're bring a director back from the dead they'd be better on Superman though. He could empathize with him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

Bruceski posted:

Tarantino on Suicide Squad would be a massive amount of fanwank both for comics and cinematography. I'd watch it.

It's also one of the few on the list I feel like would actually end up being a pretty good movie instead of me giggling at stupid jokes.

• Locked thread