Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

The end with Zemo and T'Challa really worked for me. I loved that scene.

Lotta heart was put into this film.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Bruceski posted:

Well, saw Civil War. Liked it, and the song at the end of the credits was a wonderfully horribly bad taste joke. For folks who didn't catch it,
Alt-J: Left Hand Free

It was used in the Spider-Man scene and then used to lead you back in to another Spider-Man scene.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

But it's loving rad that Marvel is doing this though.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

People just hate whiny kids.

Like, kids are whiny, but no one wants to see that. So don't make 'em whiny

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

The first Ghost Rider is horrendously dull. The only interesting moments it has are just only because they're so bad and unintentionally hilarious.

I hate that movie. I wish it were dead.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Shawn posted:

First Ghost Rider was boring as gently caress. Second Ghost Rider has Ghost Rider pissing fire off the back of a semi, the rest of the movie could have been 90 minutes of Cage screaming and it would still be one of the best Marvel movies.

It's weak poo poo compared to their other films. Including Gamer.

Don't put Neveldine and Taylor on any kind of leash.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

X-O posted:

Well, that's Ike Perlmutter for you. Not sure a female villain could have made that movie any better though.

True, It's already the best film in the franchise.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Actually I meant the entire MCU.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I watch Iron Man 3 a lot. Probably my most watched Marvel film.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

He was in 3 as well.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

The weirdest part about the IM3 thing is that they never made a single action figure for Killian. Every figure aimed at kids was a variation on an Iron Man suit.

Heck any other character was aimed solely on collectors. Someone hosed up.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

His childish response is the only good stuff in the whole movie.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Aphrodite posted:

His childish response is Venom, so...

His Venom isn't that bad. He actually has an arc, one that could fit into an already packed script. It's not what you wanted, but it's the least horrible thing in the film. The whole script is bloated and plot points are just brushed past just so they get to stupid Venom.

The dance stuff is good and right in Raimi's wheelhouse.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Lurdiak posted:

Kind of weird and hosed up that Batman knows and is ok with Arkham being a lovely place to send the mentally ill.

Batman is also possibly mentally ill.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Calaveron posted:

So he dresses like a bat to do violence on people, constantly putting others, including minors, at risk, fueled by the memory of his dead parents.

Yeah like...in what world does this not red flag mental illness?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

He was already Miles/Spider-Man...and then he bites Peter and they're both Spider-Men!!!

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

I had check who they got to direct Homecoming, and it's another complete non-entity.

This is what people want for DC movies too, apparently. Trust the machine, indeed.

Cop Car was really good.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Counterpoint: why does the MCU need 40+ new superheroes?

Homecoming will no doubt be competent.

As long as the characters are quite good I'm content.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I am holding out for Homecoming being a minimalist piece about Spider-Man dealing with a single criminal on his way to the Homecoming dance.

So long as that criminal is Kevin Bacon im down

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Aphrodite posted:

Have they ever gone into how hosed up and painful it must have been for Wolverine's powers to manifest?

I don't mean the first time he got his hands pierced, but like all the crazy bone shifting that had to happen to make his claws even possible.

it wasn't that bad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgDrIU3XpCQ

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

ImpAtom posted:

Aside from a few shots it honestly looks a lot worse. Color plays a big part in BvS's cinematography and without it things blend together or convey very different images than the film intends.

It looks like Sin City kinda

which I think is neat.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I mean the movies dark tone probably made it R originally. You can say one gently caress and have a male rear end in a PG13. No problem.

But the poo poo about burning bodies, pushing people into trains, Batman's violent acts, the prison shiving, the constant downer tone, probably landed the film an R rating.

They just took advantage and added more CGI blood to a few scenes.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

his name is right there

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Rick Sanchez posted:

"I want you to turn this drab, old Infinity Gauntlet into a superb, refined Infinity Scarf. Make it work!"

Gonna read every post you make in rick's voice.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

More bad than good. Mother fucker made Blade 3.

Talk about a skid mark.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

WickedHate posted:

This is not a conversation I should have started in the comic book movie thread; apologies.

You opened it. We came.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Deadpool was the only comic book character I cared about them getting right, and that feeling when they did was incredible. So I hope WW is great, if just for you.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Um. WB is never going to give up DC, and they've already restarted their universe like 3 times already. They're not doing it again.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

WickedHate posted:

Some fans are super defensive, though. My friend got attacked by people accusing him of being anti-Jared Leto. The Jared Leto fandom, calling people "antis" and poo poo. They had Joker avatars. It was surreal.

"Attacked"?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

GOTG 2 is done filming.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Rocksicles posted:

How exactly did it try and emulate GoTG?

Just the pop music really.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I was too. The pop music is definitely a post Guardians add in and most likely wasn't in the original vision. Everyone loved Hooked On a Feeling in the Guardians trailer or X Gon Give It To Ya in the Deadpool trailer so the studio forced Suicide Squad to jump on that poo poo when it clearly didn't really fit.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Rocksicles posted:

I honestly give zero fucks. But it's funny watching some of you lot get bent out of shape about it.

I think you give some fucks.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

BiggerBoat posted:

Yeah, that's a fair point and those are good examples. I suppose and I didn't think about that. It just seems to be a factor in every single lovely film I've seen reviewed in the past year or two. Even still, and conceding the point to a degree, the examples I've been given (Blade Runner, Alien 3) seem to span loving decades.

Lately "bad editing" seems really concentrated and comes up a lot as the reason for a movie sucking out loud.

Because I think before you can chalk it up to bad editing being a stylistic choice or maybe just too fast, or too slow or something. Rarely (I think anyway) does it omit large chunks of scenes in order to cut down the running time. We've seen this happening for a few years now with big tentpole films and it's starting to become a weird trend. BvS felt aimless and incoherent, Suicide Squad reeked of studio tonal replacement, Ghostbusters felt sloppy, and Fantastic Four seemed to pay homage to the scene in Planet Terror where a reel goes missing and we jump right into an action scene.

Like there's subjective dislike of editing styles, such as the quicker cuts vs. longer cuts...but when you can tell the pieces don't match, then it's like putting on They Live glasses.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNlmRId2FVQ

also this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCKhktcbfQM

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Lurdiak posted:

It is very easy to forget those gigantic big money superhero films were directed by Sam Raimi, until you actually watch them again.

It was the only reason I wanted to see it at 11 years old.

"Wait dad, you mean the guy who directed Army of Darkness, Darkman, Evil Dead 1-2 is directing Spider-Man?????!!"

Although I didn't get my insane Raimi-ness until the second, but it was worth it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yx3Xo2K910Q

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Toxxupation posted:

To be fair that was after putting the movie in turnaround, twice, burying Deadpool's character in Origins (and explicitly threatening Reynolds when he bitched about the mouth-sewing with a barely-veiled "If you make a stink about this we'll cancel the Deadpool solo entirely"), putting the movie on indefinite hiatus after the total disaster of Green Lantern (this was at least kinda justified), then refusing any movement on Deadpool whatsoever until someone, probably Miller, leaked test footage that essentially forced FOX's hand because it was that popular. After which FOX gave them a relatively tiny budget, forcing the entire project to be shot on three sets total (and once you know that's the case, it's super noticeable), as the weakest-willed show of good faith possible just to shut Reynolds/Miller/the greater internet at large up.

And then it became the highest-grossing R-rated movie of all time.

There's more than 3 sets in the film. The Highway scene was always intended to be sandwiched into the film that way per the script from 6 years ago. Honestly the only thing that isn't in the film done for budget is the final battle which took place in a high rise which eventually collapsed in explosions and poo poo. That scene was for sure removed for money. But other than that, the film is pretty much what the script is.

Oh and 2 SFX heavy mutant villains were removed as well.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Shawn posted:

I love Spirit of Vengeance so much and don't understand why people hate it.Do people hate the Crank movies here too?

But Ghost Rider 1 is so far up it's own rear end and a waste of time.

Crank/Crank2/Gamer are some of my all time favorite films. They go to the most insane places and are never boring. There's always something weird or outlandish Neveldine and Taylor are doing. Like even in Gamer, Butler has to escape from the game, so he drinks a bunch of booze, finds a car, pukes it up, and then pisses into the gas tank to fill it up. That's insane, stupid, and funny as hell.

SOV only has a handful of those moments, and the rest of it is just the most boring generic, T2 rip off. Ultimately the rating and them having to use a script by David Goyer really brought the film down. They just need to be let loose yo. Other wise, why are you asking them to make a movie for you.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Sometimes things catch on. It's how viral videos work. It's neat and the best way for things to get exposure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

catlord posted:

I assume there was some difference, the theatrical version was PG-13 and the director's cut was R, but what exactly that means I don't know.

More Clown jokes and Simmons' death was longer.

• Locked thread