Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seemlar
Jun 18, 2002

IUG posted:

I only have one complaint about the film that comes to mind, about Ant-Man. Why does he pick Cap's side? The entire solo Ant-Man movie he makes it clear that he's doing things to keep his daughter in his life. He's trying to give up crime, and be more responsible. Why would he then sign up with someone who's very publicly going against the UN? He didn't seem to have any problems with it, and seemed eager to fight for him, so it wasn't the blackmail from breaking into Stark's armory from Ant-Man. At the end he's back in jail and away from his daughter. His best case scenario there is that he is living his life on the run, after very publicly fighting the Avengers. Either way, he's never going to see his daughter again if he fights for Cap.

Hell, he should have fought for Iron Man. That way he could get a stable job working for the UN as a hero, and everything he does is legal. It would be a steady, legal job, that would let him keep his family in his life.

Remember that the team Cap put together wasn't for fighting Tony or the Accords supporters, it was to track down and stop a threat Cap considered so serious that taking the time to try and convince Tony and the UN (who likely wouldn't believe him anyway, because of his actions with Bucky) to deal with it wasn't acceptable. The airport incident and it's aftermath weren't intended.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seemlar
Jun 18, 2002

X-O posted:

I'd guess Deadpool played a part in it, but Jackman surely is going out how he wants with this movie.

The Wolverine was an R rated movie that they edited down for it's theatrical cut anyway.

Seemlar
Jun 18, 2002
Trailer for Logan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Div0iP65aZo

Seemlar
Jun 18, 2002

rantmo posted:

The evolution of Scott Summers over the last 15 years or so has been one of the highlights of the line! That slow burn from idealism to fanaticism has been immensely satisfying and incredibly well-executed by multiple writers and I am prepared to die on this hill.

Was, until the part where they decided for some reason they wanted to try to make him a villain, completely failed to do so, then instead of course correcting killed him off screen and had terrible characters endlessly whine about how he was totally such a villain and bad guy, really, please accept this readers

Seemlar
Jun 18, 2002

zoux posted:

New Valerian trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8oVfkZM3pA

I gotta say, this movie is gonna be some spectacle.

I kind of feel like this is a misfire, especially as their final push trailer?

The second trailer took me from having Jupiter Ascending vibes to looking forward to the movie, but this final trailer plays more like a VFX reel than something that makes me want to see it.

Seemlar
Jun 18, 2002

Koalas March posted:

I kinda hope that there will be 2 versions. This might be the editing nerd or director in me, but I think it'd be awesome to see 2 different visions of the same movie.

Maybe it's not so common a thing that it's a rule, but it feels like all these heavily reworked in reshoots movies send their replaced footage or original cuts directly into a black hole and try to pretend they never existed

Seemlar
Jun 18, 2002

Jamesman posted:

Looking her up on Wikipedia, Silk sounds like a really stupid character, but if they completely change her background then maybe it would be cool to see in a movie.

I mean, who doesn't want to see Spider-Man face off against an enemy that has similar powers to him? There's no better character than Silk for that.

Silk's origin and her first appearances, as written by Slott in ASM, are definitely not good.

Her solo then promptly swept the most grievous Slottisms about her under the rug right from issue 1 and was a good book. It's a shame it ended while the much weaker Spider-Gwen has gotten to trudge on.

Seemlar
Jun 18, 2002

Mr Hootington posted:

I thought they didnt want to make another Star Trek with this cast because of Anton Yelchin's death?

They just said they wouldn't recast Chekov out of respect to Yelchin.

Seemlar
Jun 18, 2002
A sequel might fix it, but the ending of of Civil War makes a point of showing the previously lively Avengers HQ practically deserted, with it's inhabitants now a battered Tony, a crippled Rhodey, and a silent and downcast Vision.

No Avengers died and there wasn't a wedge driven so deep they could never work again together in some capacity in times of a world ending threat, but Zemo successfully ended the Avengers. For a lower level incident like the one that the movie starts with, they are not going to be there to help.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seemlar
Jun 18, 2002

howe_sam posted:

There's also some implication in Winter Soldier that Zemo's experiments on Bucky in World War 2 enhanced him as well, or I completely imagined it, or read too far between the lines.

Steve says Bucky was captured by HYDRA in 1943 and experimented on by Zola, and what was done to him allowed him to survive the fall from the train. It's right after Steve finds out who he is.

• Locked thread