Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Civil War was way more impressive than I had hoped for, it quickly dethroned Winter Soldier/Guardians as my joint #1 MCU film so far. I loved how it was at times an international political thriller, a very personal and intense mystery/revenge film, and a superhero popcorn movie, all without ever diminishing any of those aspects in favor of the others. The Russos did a great job with this one, bigger in scope than Winter Soldier but tighter in focus, sometimes to a brutal, claustrophobic degree.

I was looking forward to and immensely enjoyed the Bug Brothers, but Panther and Zemo really stole the show for me; Zemo especially, as I was wary of how one of my favorite antihero/villains would be portrayed, and while he's functionally not comic Zemo, he's the character to a T in spirit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Did they ever address who hired Crossbones and what the bioweapon he stole was? Are we to assume that was also orchestrated by Zemo with the intent that either Rumlow's explosion or one of the heroes would cause massive loss of life leading to the formation of the Accords, or was that more of a happy accident Zemo took advantage of and the Crossbones/toxin plot is a dangling thread to hopefully be expounded upon in the future?

Also, I straight up thought we'd get a shot of Abomination in the Raft, even if just on a monitor in the backround.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Finally saw Suicide Squad and good lord what a mountain of hot garbage. The tragedy is I can see the skeleton of a decent movie trying desperately to crawl it's way out from the crushing weight of poor editing, bizarre character choices, and oddly wobbly CGI. There were so many individual things that I actually loved and it sucks that they're buried deep inside this nightmarish slog of corporate panic.

I can only hope against hope that there's someday a Rogues movie and Jai Courtney gets way more screen time because I loved what we got to see of his Digger.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

He's also chummy enough with GDT that he designs props for his other movies, see Blade 2 and Crimson Peak :flashfact:

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Having watched and enjoyed Homecoming I got into a discussion with my friend about how they would make a Thunderbolts movie work since they have Zemo, and presumably the post-Infinity world will be shook up.

My suggestion was to have Vulture replace Beetle as Mach 1; technology based flier who is surface level villainous but has an underlying sense of duty. Zemo assembles the TBolts as part of his revenge driven obsessions but as he deteriorates over the movie it's the job of Toomes to roust the team against Zemo and the finale is the three who properly wish to reform (Mach, Songbird, Atlas) vs the others. You could also have Tinkerer take on the Techno/Fixer role since he's already established in the MCU and has an established rapport with Toomes.

• Locked thread