Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
This was so good. I had just watched Winter Soldier right before I left for work this evening and, even with that fresh in my mind, Civil War just blew it away. Holy poo poo, this is how you get heroes to fight and actually care about the results! Marvel killed it. I feel so bad for DC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Toxxupation posted:

Canonically speaking Aunt May's Peter Parker's mom, not his aunt.

:getin:

We don't talk about Trouble around here, son. :spits some chaw and the ground:

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

TFRazorsaw posted:

His pain and frustration is sold with all the sincerity of someone wondering who farted. But that's more on Cavill I guess.

No, I watched Man From UNCLE the other day and Cavill was wonderful in it. This is on Snyder. Also, stop arguing with lamps, we don't need our own knockoff any gimmick.

Edit:. Oh, hi next page and half a dozen UNCLE posts.

Soonmot fucked around with this message at 19:12 on May 19, 2016

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Probably because b5 isn't on streaming services. Which is a shame, because it is great.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Aphrodite posted:

You must be misreading, they cut Jubilee.

The only thing better than Jubilee is vampire Jubilee.

Yeah, I said it!

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Sion posted:

Is it okay to admit that First Class was the only good x-men film and the rest of them have been alright B-movies to just a bit poo poo? Like- X1 and X2 really, really don't hold up well.

No, because First Class has a lot of screen time of actors other than Fassbender, Macavoy, and Bacon and all those scenes are terrible.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Squizzle posted:

Whatever Marvel Studios phase comes after everything that's been announced, it should have a Kamala movie and a Sam Alexander Nova movie.

I get that I'm the weird one for hating Sam Nova, but gently caress if you think even Marvel will be able to make a movie centered around a tween not annoying and terrible af

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I don't know how much I plays into the movie, but the Dr Strange tie in comic had Danial Drumm and Tina Minoru as masters of the mystic arts.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

greatn posted:

I think the Fantastic Four are stupid and Doom is dumber even still.

Wow, how did wicked hate get off my ignore list?

Wait a second...

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I want to say that was all snipes

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Lurdiak posted:

Maybe they shouldn't hire a guy who seems to want the movie to fail to cut the trailers next time.

No poo poo. I loved the movie and left angry that the trailers made it seem to be a note for note rehash of the original. Goddamn, I loved the new Ghostbusters, I'm going to see it again next week with friends.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Calaveron posted:

Watched Deadpool, was a lot of fun, but in comics, is he that crass?

I'm just going to quote this so it's here forever.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I mean, to be fair, he goes pretty much as far as you can go in a non-Max title.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

FilthyImp posted:

I'm not really sure what the path is for DC if this bombs, or comes off as a lukewarm piss like BvS.

This is their "See, we can do Guardians/Deadpool too!" shot. If they can't pull it off here, it's likely the public won't tune in for Justice League. And if the drop-off is big enough, you have to wonder if they'll go through with the AquaMomoa, Cyborg and Flash movies.

I would not object to their only definite hit being Wonder Woman though.

obviously I cannot speak for the general audience, but even if this bombs (I won't see it until next week), I'm still going to see WW and JL in the hopes that they're good. You need Fantastic Four level of reviews before I nope out.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Ireallylikeeggs posted:

Yeah see rather than spend the money and time seeing a movie which you know will be bad, you could not.

I'm not spending money to see a movie, I'm spending money to spend time with my friends where afterwards we will talk and laugh about how good/bad it was.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Codependent Poster posted:

This is apparently taken from promotional material for Dr. Strange in Asia.

https://twitter.com/TheAvengersIndo/status/786734988284665862/photo/1

I only read the one issue, but the minorus were in the mcu prequel comic.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
What have the numbers been on Dr Strange, I don't remember anyone posting anything about it yet.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Aphrodite posted:

Wacky powers, weird caste systems and incest. Inhumans is basically anime.

b-b-but I *like* the inhumans. Oh no... ohhhhh noooooooooo

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
IS THAT GANKE?!?!

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Lee's Hulk still have the best action sequence with teh desert tank fight. I even like the Hulk Dogs.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
After about the first 45 minutes or so, I really, really enjoyed Dracula Untold. The ending stinger with Charles Dance pumped me up for a sequel.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Rhyno posted:

Having been dragged to all four HG films, she clearly did not want to be there after the second one. Same for her X-Men role.

COnsequently that was the last (and only) Hunger Games movie I enjoyed.

My favorite Sam Jackson movie is The Negotiator. Him and Spacey play off each other so well, even though both are pretty much doing their stock personality.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Chickenwalker posted:

If Wonder Woman is set in WW1 will Wonder Woman 2 therefore be set in WW2? Has another no-brains chucklefuck already made this joke?

No, she said in BVS that she left mans's world for a century.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Does anyone know why Amazon doesn't have the dr strange blu Ray up for pre-order?

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
What sort of issues? Is there a link to a story?

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

X-O posted:

I don't know the details but a lot of Disney stuff doesn't go up for preorder there. For instance right now Moana is the same way.

That's weird because this is the first time I haven't been able to preorder a marvel movie. I wonder what's different.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Someone else originally posted this, but if they had planned things out better, you would have had Weapon X, The Wolverine, and Logan as the titles of the trilogy tracing his evolution from weapon to super hero, to man.

But lol Fox

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Roth posted:

I wish Croc did something other than just stand around.

Hey, he swam that one time, too

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Arist posted:

I don't necessarily agree with this. Captain America has no arc in Civil War and he's still a good part of that movie.

I feel cap not having an arc was alright because civil war was more about black partner. T'challa is the one who actually sees what Zemo is doing and puts his ego aside to do the right thing.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

BrianWilly posted:

Hey friends I have a novel notion.

Stop engaging with the CineD gimmicks who only come in here to take potshots at the BSS nerds.

Or else I will start talking about racism in Marvel movies again.

Yes, I will gladly read that conversation instead of the umpteenth rehash of BvS/MoS bullshit.

On a happier note, I will be going to see a superior movie in Lego Batman shortly!

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
WB just needs to scrap the entire DCCU, when your goofy lego cartoon has a better emotional arc and character development than your franchise tentpoles, you have hosed up.

Go see Lego Batman, it was wonderful

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Please gently caress off with this poo poo to CD?

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Phylodox posted:

I like talking about Guardians of the Galaxy. It's fuckin' rad.

And if you were talking about it with almost literally anyone else, it'd be a great conversation, but the parts that aren't you are just a bunch of wet farts.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

twistedmentat posted:

anime... just ... terrible.
There, I fixed your post.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Chickenwalker posted:

It seems like everyone knows how to make a Hitman: Codename 47 movie but the guys who actually try to make licensed Hitman movies.

OH man was that last one terrible. Everything cool was in the trailers.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
what's a momager?

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Thanks, I was reading it as mo-ma-ger instead of mom-a-ger

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Natalie Portman was nerd favorite back in the Prequel era because of her role in Leon, which the picture on the left is a frame from. It's the same movie where the Gary Oldman "EEEEEVVVVVERRRRRRYYYYYOOOOONNNNNEEEEE" meme comes from if you are a tiny babby who was alive in the 90's to watch awesome movies.

Unless you mean what it has to do with Ragnarok, because I thought she wasn't in it.

EDIT: The WW guitar riff is one of the only good things about BvS and I enjoy it.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
That's fair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Aphrodite posted:

Aquaman doesn't talk to fish. He telepathically mind rapes them like Kilgrave.

We should not be celebrating this man. Fish have feelings too.

"It's okay to eat fish
because they don't have any feelings"

-kurt cobain

Check and mate!

• Locked thread