Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nadir
Apr 12, 2003

It's only up from here
Civil War is definitely my favorite MCU movie.

While the Civil War comic obviously had its flaws, it did have some great moments and one of my favorites was sorta in the movie

Sharon Carter at the funeral: "...the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."" I don't know if she said it verbatim, but hearing it was cool and awesome and I like that little nod

Also Tony's suit analyzing Cap's fighting style was another cool comic Civil War throw in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nadir
Apr 12, 2003

It's only up from here

X-O posted:

I kind of wish the entire movie of X-Men Apocalypse was just this instead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kniQrk9jw0

Ignite Memories posted:

I feel like the strongest elements of the new movies are when they lean into it being a period piece. It's a shame to hear that's not a big factor in XMA.
100% agree. I was hoping for non-stop 80s stuff but it seems like only Jubilee plays the part

Nadir
Apr 12, 2003

It's only up from here

howe_sam posted:

She even did her own singing in Scot Pilgrim, and I prefer her vocals on Black Sheep more than Emily Haines.
This is 100% a fact

Brie would make a great Captain Marvel. She's gotta hit those weights!

Nadir
Apr 12, 2003

It's only up from here
Got back from the movie.

The problem with Suicide Squad is not that it's just a bad comic book movie. The comic part has nothing to do with it. It is just a terrible film. The whole thing is disjointed, every aspect of every character is shoehorned in, all love interests/family ties are forced, and I don't care about any of the characters. The worst is that the film gives pause for you to laugh at the jokes, but in my theater, it was dead silent.

I haven't seen something that bad in years

Nadir
Apr 12, 2003

It's only up from here
Trailers don't necessarily indicate the quality of a movie but uh...

"Come Together" playing in the background was just so so awful

• Locked thread