Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.
I liked the Hawkeye line about golf, but it kinda bugged me because it would be drat near impossible to hit a hole in one on a par 5.

Is Hawkeye considered to be superhuman in the MCU with his "never miss" ability

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

Mantis

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

Both of those trailers look alright to me. I'm not in love with the flash costume but I don't hate it. Cyborg is a character that I really don't care that much about and he looks goofy in the movie.

The Wonder Woman trailer looks fantastic though. Everything about it looks right.

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

Dacap posted:

Also weirdly enough, the singer from Mindless Self Indulgence. Gunn is just throwing all his friends into the movie as Ravagers.

Super excited about this part

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

Saw it today and liked it more than I expected to. But then again I also liked the new Ghostbusters and didn't have BvS so I am probably just a bad poster with terrible taste.

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

Really tired of movies using big light in the sky thing as a threat. Avengers, ghostbusters, amazing spider-man, xmen apocalypse kinda, and I'm sure a bunch more.

I'm with the guy above me too, smaller scale movies can be fun too- that's why a ton of people loved Ant Man.

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

Rocksicles posted:

Watched it last night, tried desperately to hate it. Couldn't manage it. gently caress it was funny.

Thought the same. Though the Zuul post credits stinger kinda made me cringe.

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

How long until the fantastic four rights revert to Marvel?

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

SlimGoodbody posted:

Rihanna would still be hot even if her hair were literally just a massive spider crouching on her head

Can somebody photoshop this up real quick? The idea of it alone is cracking me up

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

Wasn't there a directors cut of Spawn that had basically no differences from the normal version?

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I thought the way they did Caliban in Apocalypse was pretty cool.

Then again Logan reportedly takes place in 2024 so that may be why it's a different actor since he would ostensibly be 40 years older.

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I really like the added drums on Hurt in the Logan trailer. The original song is incredible but the percussion really adds something to it.

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I feel like there is pretty much a zero percent chance of them wholesale restarting the universe after avengers 4. Why fix what isn't broken? There are tons of legacy characters and other stories they could explore.

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

Never seen or heard of the anime but that movie looks kinda cool.

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

Speaking of suits I was surprised no one commented on the new black panther suit shown at d23. I do not care for it. I thought the original was perfect.

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

Finally watched Homecoming last night and it lived up to the hype 100%. Only thing I don’t remember seeing in the actual movie from the commercials was the shot of Spider-Man and Iron Man zooming through the city side by side. Was that in it and I just missed it?

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I’m indifferent to the X-Men being brought in to the MCU but the idea of an MCU quality Fantastic Four has me excited if this all pans out. Even better if they somehow set it in the 60s. Marvel seems to be experimenting just a bit with putting movies in the past with Captain Marvel so it would be cool if the F4 were in the 60s and ended with them going out to adventure in the universe. Maybe the Guardians cross paths with them later on or something.

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

Yay for new footage but I was hoping for more than that.

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

site posted:

Cap, tchalla

I am almost sure if someone broke it down, Cap has been in costume but helmetless a ton more than actually wearing the helmet.

T’Challa so far has just been in the one movie but I’m willing to bet that He is also helmetless quite a bit in BP.

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I guess we won’t get the big payoff moment of Cap lifting Mjolnir against Thanos. Unless they work out some way to bring it back.

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

So I’m super behind due to having a one year old but I just watched Ragnarok LST night and thought it was loving awesome. I loved the characterization of Korg being just a laid back guy rather than being a giant scream monster and wasn’t expecting that.

Also the ship at the end reminded me of Ronan’s.

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

Is the Shazam movie going to be part of the DCEU?

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

One of my favorite moments was from Avengers 1 during the city battle when the camera follows one avenger to another as they all battle throughout the city. I just thought it was a cool little sequence.

I like “we have a hulk” and Tony getting the mark 7 suit as he falls off the building.

Suitcase armor

“Oh you got my dick message” from Guardians 1

Those are the ones i like that haven’t been already mentioned.

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

Watched Justice League, didn’t hate it. Some parts of it were a bit confusing (what was the point of the terrorist thing at the beginning other than to show Wonder Woman being badass?) and also why didn’t Steppenwolf go for Cyborg’s dad’s Mother Box first since it’s been awake for a while?

Also echoing the sentiment of being glad to see happy Superman for a change.

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

Why is one picture a butt

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I bet they kill all the characters who already have additional films announced

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I keep seeing people say there have been hints about Pepper becoming Rescue but I guess I’ve missed the actual hints. What’s the deal?

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

A day later I am still kind of reeling. The movie was awesome but i was not expecting Thanos to win and for it to stick in the end

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

One thing I thought of earlier that I hadn’t seen discussed: (post credits scene) What agency are Fury and Hill working for now? I know Shield is back on the show but the movies haven’t really acknowledged that at all.

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Hill works for Stark/what was left of the Avengers/sort of resurrected SHIELD at the end of Civil War and Fury is still officially dead.

Pretty sloppy for a professional spy who is supposed to be dead to cruise around New York in a suburban.

Seemed very spy-ish with the “call control, tell them code red”thing.

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

Avengers 4 speculation: What if the shots from the Chitauri invasion with Cap aren’t time travel but maybe that’s Soul World somehow? Though I guess it wouldn’t make sense for Cap to be there

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

Also, not spoilers, but I love the way they depict Cap and the way he moves in the MCU films. When he is running in to the big fight and Black Panther is runnning beside him and Cap is outrunning him. Then they both jump and Cap goes just a little farther. A lot of it is kind of subtle but they have really played up his strength in the past few movies.

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

site posted:

Demisexual is just like, being normal it's such a worthless term to make it sound special lol

Everything must be labeled!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

Is Tom Hardy doing the Venom voice? Sounds like Tony Todd

• Locked thread