Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
what would happen if vision had hit Falcon? I assume he would have gone down like Rhodes, but would anyone have gone after him? Seems weird to me, like I felt they would have just let him fall and kept tracking the quintet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Are they referring to the New Mutants movie for the 90's? Or a different X-movie in the 90's?

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Toxxupation posted:

Young Avengers was great and a movie adaptation should be made of that yesterday. It's basically a confluence of everything currently popular in movie media. God that run ruled.

This would be awesome. If you kill off Vision in Infinity War (hawkeye too maybe), you could use the first arc as a good basis for the movie. Might not be a bad way to use Kang in the MCU either.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

CharlestheHammer posted:

None of those movies have a female lead, one of the characters is female which might qualify.

Rogue one has a female lead.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Everyone should be reading Ultimates, it's an amazing book all around.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Wasn't he everyone's favorite candidate for testing out the bombs?

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Yeah when they seem to go out of their way to avoid directly referencing movie stuff it comes off as them doing it solely for the viewers draw.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Ah yes, when he managed to stab flash in the shoulder.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Is that just UK or greater EU? I'm a Yankee living in Finland and I can't make sense of the movie release schedule here.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

I submit, rocky rococco in the defense of Chicago style. Maybe not authentic, but truly a pizza to enjoy.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Hawkins had a pretty good time after the jungle.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

If they have a scene recreating the cover of uncanny 251 I will poo poo bricks.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

I'm kind of confused about the mid credits bit after Strange (saw it, loved it). I might be forgetting something, but didn't Loki fake his death /secretly usurp the throne by the end of Thor 2? Did I miss something or are we as an audience unaware of things that have happened since to change that?

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

I thought the fma movie was a US production? Although they could use a few non Japanese actors I suppose.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Watch it be Simon and he only uses his gun.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Is there a place to read those online? Richards and Doom were my favorite bits, along with anytime the borg showed up.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Kitty gets a pass, she still has costume problems these days.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Did anyone else think the gas station clerk in the Logan trailer was Aaron Tyler-Johnson (quicksilver)?

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Yeah just watch ninja assassin if you want bad cgi blood.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

It wouldn't do any good. You're lost to us, my friend.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

That's academy award winning suicide squad, now.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

I was only half watching, so I'm not sure what it was up against. But if I was drinking, I'd do a literal spit take when they announced it.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

I was hoping for a scene recreation of uncanny 251 but I suppose that's not entirely practical for the movie.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

One thing that absolutely terrified me in the movie was seeing Logan running full bore at the camera. Near the end, it was really unsettling.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

I watched Wolverine a few weeks ago and wondered if that would play into Logan, and I didn't quite make the connection when I saw Logan.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Wheat Loaf posted:

Isn't Invincible ending soon?

I think it's about to start or just started it's final (12-ish issue) arc, but it could easily take 2 years.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

It's incredible I somehow forgot shaolin and Malcom were the same actor.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

twistedmentat posted:

Jesus, by the time Phase 3 ends, Marvel will have done 22 movies.

Are we still in phase 3? Didn't that start like 3 or 4 years ago?

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

The Jump sequence with yondu and rocket is not getting enough praise here.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Is this from born again? Because yes, please.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

They kind of set up the next daredevil season for bonuses again, so I'm prepared to be disappointed when it doesn't happen.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Idk he kinda looked like macready if he'd shaved.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

I didn't expect to be convinced to watch more universal soldier movies today but here we are.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

I saw valerian and the city of a thousand planets tonight. It was bad.

Visually, it's amazing. Creature designs, colors, worlds sets all that stuff is great. The plot, characters, actors playing those characters, all of that is terrible. I enjoyed the first hour I guess, but after that I was getting bored and couldn't wait to leave.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Shinjobi posted:

Hey, Valerian himself sounded like a younger Keanu Reeves to me. That alone made his performance enjoyable. Just, y'know....not the way he intended. Bill & Ted and the City of a Thousand Planets does sound far more enjoyable, though...

I kept hearing that too, and eventually I couldn't ignore it.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

On the subject, everyone should watch the black and white noir version of Logan. It's really gorgeous.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Re watched homecoming last night. Is Peter's principal the descendant of the guy from Cap's ww2 squad? I saw the picture in his office and it looked like the same actor.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Well that's originally what they were going for with these movies so Idk why they would think it wasn't horror enough. That really sucks, I was looking forward to this movie. I can't see it doing very well if it's displaced by almost a year.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Was Sam Jackson fury the first version of ultimate fury? I remember an ultimate x men issue had fury in it and he looked totally different from. Every other fury I'd seen in ultimate books.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Is there going to be some assumed time travel shenanigans for captain marvel? Or does she just not age after getting powers?

• Locked thread