Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

Nice OP, OP.

We MCU fans appear to suffer from an embarrassment of riches. I look forward to rubbernecking at the wreckage of the DCCU's failed attempt to get in on the sweet sweet shared universe money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

greatn posted:

Iron Man 3 is the best Iron Man movie and its high up there in terms of marvel movies.

Give Shane Black control of the MCU

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

Can someone point me towards an SNL sketch, a talk show appearance, any performance really, where Leslie Jones is actually funny? Admittedly, I've only seen a handful of SNL sketches she was in (certainly no more than ten or so) and she was aggressively unfunny. I'm willing to bet that she's got comedic talent seeing as how she's in the middle of a pretty solid run in her career right now, and maybe I have just coincidentally been exposed to her lesser performances. Her scenes in the trailer were absolutely loving awful, and it leaves me baffled as to how she has a career in comedy.

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

Lurdiak posted:

Even people who hated the movie said she was the best of the central cast, and that the trailer does her serious disservice.

Yeah, I saw the Half in the Bag review and they hated the movie but said that, oddly enough, she was better than the other cast members.

For the record, I hope the movie is hilarious and succeeds because 1. better comedy = more laffos and 2. gently caress MRAs forever. But I could go the rest of my life without ever hearing another sassy overweight black lady in a movie holler "AW HELL NAW"

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

Travis343 posted:

He literally says they're going to "go to work with a pair of pliers and a blowtorch", so yeah he was talking about his dudes that do drugs via pipes

What

They are going to torture him with their drug parphanalia? This is a thing that you think?

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

The image isn't showing up, but is it that Mike Allred splash page from FF?

Yes.

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

Endless Mike posted:

EDIT: Does Peter not seem to have spider-sense? I don't recall any instances of it being explicitly used.

I didn't notice it in this movie but he certainly had it in Civil War.

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

There's so much to love about Spidey homecoming but right now I am really appreciating the sillier moments, like, "Spider-Man, DO A FLIP" and Peter getting smashed through a school bus by the Shocker, looking up and seeing all that chewed gum stuck under the seats and going, "EW GROSS"

This movie was a straight up comedy and it owns bones.

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

Jamesman posted:

Tesseract - Space - Blue
-First seen hidden in a church in Germany in the 40's. Was used by SHIELD Loki's influence to come to Earth. Now in Asgard.

Aether - Reality - Red
-First seen in an ancient battle with Malekith before he was defeated. Appears to have been running wild caused reality warps between worlds before Jane Foster absorbed it and Malekith returned. Sif delivered it to The Collector on Knowhere. Unknown if The Collector has retained it after his place is destroyed.

The Staff - Mind - Yellow
-First seen in The Avengers, whereThanos entrusts it to Loki for his invasion of Earth. Uses it to control Dr. Selvig and Hawkeye. Is lost during the invasion and claimed by HYDRA, who use it to experiment on Wanda and Pietro Maximoff. Is reclaimed by SHIELD and the gem is used in the creation of the Ultron AI. Ultron uses the gem in turn in his creation of Vision, who still has it.

The Orb - Power - Purple
-First seen in an ancient temple and taken by Star Lord. Ronan sends Gamora to retrieve it for Thanos. Brought to The Collector, but kept by the group and used to defeat Ronan. Was delivered to the Nova Corps on Xander for protection.

Eye of Agamotto - Time - Green
-First seen in Doctor Strange, where Strange obtains it during his training at Kamar-Taj. Uses it to undo the death and destruction caused by Kaecillius in his summoning of the Dark Dimension, and uses it to force Dormammu to cease his attack. Is returned to Kamar-Taj.

??? - Soul - Orange
-First referred to in Guardians of the Galaxy by The Collector. Has yet to show up.

Depending on your interpretation of Kamar-Taj being a place on Earth, there were 3 or 4 on Earth at any given time (Blue, Yellow, Red, Green). At the moment, only 1 or 2 are on Earth (Yellow and Green). Unknown where the orange stone is though.

Edit: Apparently there are also two Infinity Gauntlets. One is in Thanos' possession, and one is in Asgard's vault (which may or may not have just been an easter egg).

:what:

We all pretty much know where the Soul gem is, right? Spoilering just in case Heimdall has had them shits all along.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Why do you say that? It doesn't seem likely at all.

Adam Warlock has it in the comics. Also, when they give the Aether to the collector they say that it is because they "can't have two infinity gems in Asgard." The two being the Aether and Tesseract.

There's plenty of evidence if you're looking for it. Rewatch his scenes and listen to how he describes his power, look at his eyes, look at the power he wields, look at the Ragnarok trailer, it's all there. I think.

edit; Oh, and that Thor's vision scene that was shoehorned into Avengers 2 that shows a blinded Heimdall. I'm pretty sure Hela takes it from him and uses it to annihilate Asgard.

Happy Hippo fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Jul 15, 2017

• Locked thread