Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Tom Holland was amazing and his interactions with everybody else made me super excited for a Spider-Man movie. I loved the part during the big airport fight scene where he tried to read Falcon his rights.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Wheat Loaf posted:

Perhaps they could try shooting him into space.

They're kind of doing that since he's going to be hanging out off Earth with Thor.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

There's a rumor that the Tower of Terror at Disney's California Adventure is going to be changed into a Guardians of the Galaxy themed ride.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Marvel sure is getting a lot of mileage out of that de-aging tech.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Madkal posted:

Still curious what Tony said to him to convince him to fight Captain America.
Also I might have missed it but was it ever explained how Zemo knew Bucky killed Papa and Mama Stark

He said he read through the leaked SHIELD files and the info was probably in there mixed in with the Hydra stuff.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It's kind of weird how terrible January Jones was in First Class because she's been good in other things.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Sp1r0_Agn3W posted:

name one other thing

Last Man on Earth.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I haven't seen it mentioned yet but one of X-Men: Apocalypse's producers has said that the next X movie after this one still won't be in the present day but instead be set in the 90s.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

zoux posted:

Actually, OML owns.

I wasn't a huge fan of it but I'd be fine with an adaptation since that would by necessity smooth over the rougher edges.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I never understand people who claim movie critics/videogame journalists are paid off by big companies. All it takes is one person blowing the whistle and the companies would be in big trouble.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

theflyingorc posted:

I love most of those actors, though.

Isn't the main problem with Fantastic Four Reboot that the director had a complete meltdown?

The production was troubled to begin with since they had to do everything by a certain date or lose the rights. So when Josh Trank turned in a movie that the studio hated they couldn't really do much to fix it other than some quick reshoots of poor quality.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Travis343 posted:

Robin should be in a Batman movie but Batman movies should stop being oppressively grim and/or realistic

That was basically a plot point in New Frontier.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Patrick Stewart has officially joined the cast for Wolverine 3.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

That would require anyone actually wanting to have Black Knight in the MCU in the first place.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Wheat Loaf posted:

Didn't Rogue have her powers removed in X3? It's been that long since I saw that I can't remember, and even from what I do recall, the scene was pretty unclear as to whether it had happened or not.

Yeah but from the whole Magneto thing at the end I think you're supposed to believe that it wasn't actually permanent.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Ignite Memories posted:

But the Nova Corps are established as regular space cops, with no mention of special powers as far as I could tell. Isn't this a significant difference from the comic book nova corps?

The only thing that directly contradicted the comics was them flying around in spaceships. They could always just say they weren't using the Nova Force for some vague reason.

Speaking of space stuff, Bryan Singer has said that in addition to the 90's thing the next X-movie will involve their space stuff.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The thing about the industry is that they give out producer credits like candy. So it can mean anything from "very hands on, in charge of pretty much everything" to "sat in on a meeting once 5 years ago but has enough pull that their name will get more attention."

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

mycot posted:

That doesn't make any sense, China doesn't give a poo poo about critic reviews.

China only cares about whether a movie makes the central government look bad and that the movie is in IMAX and 3d.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Something kind of weird I noticed in the credits for X-Men Apocalypse was a bit at the very end stating that they received no money/promotional assistance for having tobacco products in the movie.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I don't think they ever say her name either so if you didn't know who the character was you'd think she was just some random student.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

While I thought Oscar Isaac did a fine job, for me the movie was at it's best when it was just focused on the X-Men doing stuff around school and hanging out.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

ImpAtom posted:

To my understanding they actually get real superhero costumes at the end of the film or something?

Yes, the final scene of the movie has the new version of the X-Men, which are Storm, Nightcrawler, Jean Grey, Cyclops and Quicksilver with Mystique leading and everybody is in variations of their comic costumes. The stuff they wear in the big action scene against Apocalypse and the Horsemen are "flight suits" that they steal from a government facility, basically kind of like what they did in First Class.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Veotax posted:

For some reason they released pictures of those costumes despite being literally the final scene of the film (not counting the post credits scene).

I want to say that the literal last shot of the movie the door closing on Prof X has been in trailers/commercials.

It's kind of weird how in these three new X-Men movies there hasn't really been an "X-Men" team for very much of them. There's the finale of First Class and the very end of Apocalypse but not at all in Days of Future Past.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Is it me or did the Magneto helmet look really bad in Apocalypse? It looked like they made a bigger one that didn't quite fit right.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Heathen posted:

After more googling I just found out 21 Jump Street made 200M and will be making a sequel that crosses over with Men in Black. Sure. Why not.

Both 21 and 22 Jump St are hilarious movies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMjKaqk_3EI

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Basically 22 Jump St is everyone actually involved in the making of 21 Jump St mocking the fact that the studio wanted a sequel. 21 Jump St is a legitimate action comedy while 22 is kind of a parody of the first one. Like there's a whole bit about how they got a "bigger budget" but blew it all on a big splashy opening and a new high tech HQ/amenities for returning stars like Ice Cube so late in the film they have to be more conscious of how much money they're spending.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

So, discounting Inhumans stuff, is Captain Marvel the last hero they've announced a movie for but haven't cast?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

DrProsek posted:

The J-Law situation was a pretty unique one I don't see a lot of comparison to here. She had her film debut as Mystique just before she appeared in Hunger Games and became big. Marvel's not really in the same kind of boat of stumbling across an up and coming actor, and they've generally taken enough care with the MCU casting that I wouldn't worry about any of their picks unless we start getting real bad trailers.

Jennifer Lawrence had already won an Oscar by the time she was in X-Men.

Edit: Sorry, was nominated for an Oscar.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Oh boy, another BvS argument. Surely this will be the time that everybody will convince everyone else.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

greatn posted:

I think the implication is he's like that because he's been experimenting with Pym particles.

Also the part where Michael Douglas directly says that he's been made mentally unstable because of his experiments with Pym particles.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Aphrodite posted:

The pre-doctored up Wright version was by all accounts worse in every way.

Something like little to no Hope scenes and also all the great Michael Pena stuff wasn't in there either.

Anyway, in upcoming movie news the current rumor is that Wolverine 3 is going to be called "Weapon X"

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Jude Law revealed on a talk show the other day that Singer tried to get him for Superman in Superman Returns, but Law thought he looked stupid in the costume.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

MGM has picked up the rights for JMS' "Rising Stars" comic to be made into a movie with JMS writing the script. It's been forever since I read the comic but I remember it starting strong but ultimately ending unsatisfactorily. For those who haven't read it, the premise is about a small town in which a fireball appears in the sky and any fetus in utero at the time gained varied superpowers. It is ostensibly set in the "real" world so there's a lot of reaction to the idea of people having superpowers.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Hannibal Buress has been cast in Spider-Man Homecoming. They haven't said what his part is going to be so who knows what is going on with this movie. Maybe one day Hannibal will finally actually star in a movie instead of just being a supporting actor.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

They're the same age.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

WB is "making" a Shazam movie in the sense that they keep saying that they are but there's never actually any forward movement on it so it probably doesn't really count.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

IIRC a lot of those no budget movie save a lot of money by filming in Eastern European countries where their dollars go a lot farther.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

This is literally the stupidest argument.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Xinder posted:

Unrelated, I just want to point out that the only thing that upsets me right now about Fox's movie rights is that until they give them back we can't have Doom in the MCU. I find this thought distressing.

Yeah, I don't really care about the X-Men being segregated into their own universe (in fact I think it works better) but Marvel really needs to get the F4 back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Yeah, the backstory was apparently that it was just something the director overheard Snipes saying to someone else on the phone and asked him to say it in the movie.

• Locked thread