Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Super Dan
Jan 26, 2006

Shageletic posted:

When did his Spider sense get involved? I don't remember that.

It was when he was telling Tony about why he wears his goggles, and how since he got his powers, there's too much sensory input so he uses them to focus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super Dan
Jan 26, 2006

Dexo posted:

Wait, isn't Tony literally dating Mary Jane Watson in the comics now.

No, she's just working for him. So far.

Super Dan
Jan 26, 2006

Wheat Loaf posted:

Semi-related: I feel that if Civil War falls short of BvS at the box office (say it tops out at around $800m) it won't be treated as quite as big a disappointment

It's currently at $738m. It would not surprise me at all if it hits a billion.

Super Dan
Jan 26, 2006

notthegoatseguy posted:

I really don't think Hulk would've sided with Tony and Ross.

It was weird considering how essential of a role he had in Winter Soldier and AOU already bought him back into the fold. But apparently Jackson's contract only has two movies left so they're saving him for Infinity Wars.

I think it makes sense for Fury to stay out of this one. He's pretty much in hiding, except for the occasional world-ending threat like Ultron. Nothing in Civil War was even close to that level.

I would much rather see the FF rights go back to Marvel. Not so much for a standalone film, but there are a lot of fun things that could happen in the MCU. For example,

-Reed joining the Bruce and Tony Science Bros club
-Hulk fighting the Thing
-Latveria attempting to go to war with Wakanda over vibranium
-Silver Surfer and Galactus meet the GotG
-Spider-Man and Human Torch being friends
-Doom/Strange magic batttle

Super Dan
Jan 26, 2006

Jamesman posted:

Karl Urban joins Mads Mikkelsen on my list of "people who should definitely be in Marvel movies, are cast in Marvel movies, but as the wrong characters and will now never get the parts they should have gotten."

(Ghost Rider and Doom, in cast it wasn't already super-obvious.)

Mads is playing an evil wizard, though. With Doom unavailable to the MCU, that's probably as close as we're gonna get.

Super Dan
Jan 26, 2006

Aphrodite posted:

Jubilee isn't cut from Apocalypse, by the way. She appears in several scenes and has a few lines.

It does seem they cut the mall scenes though, with the record store and stuff, which I assume was her biggest part. We know they shot those because there were paparazzi photos of them.

Apparently, there was a scene that got cut where she actually used her powers, though.

Super Dan
Jan 26, 2006

Dexo posted:

Wasn't Malekith, like regrowing limbs, and ripping open holes in reality and poo poo during that final fight.

It's been a long time since I've seen Thor 2 so I very well could be mistaken.

I just rewatched it a couple days ago. The holes in reality were caused by the Convergence of the Nine Realms, Malekith was just taking advantage of that to use the Aether to destroy everything.

I don't think he ever regrew any limbs.

Super Dan
Jan 26, 2006

Doctor Spaceman posted:

They're remaking Magnificent Seven and nobody seems to care, although it could be because it's been ripped off so many times (and is itself a remake) that it doesn't matter.

I'd watch an all-women remake of Magnificent Seven.

Super Dan
Jan 26, 2006

There were rumors, at one point, of a Robin Hood cinematic universe.

Super Dan
Jan 26, 2006

catlord posted:

What would that even cover?

Individual movies for Robin Hood, Friar Tuck, Little John, and Will Scarlet, followed by a team up of the Merry Men.

Super Dan
Jan 26, 2006

Dario the Wop posted:

And Cyborg is gonna show up in The Flash film.

Or maybe he's not!

http://io9.gizmodo.com/the-flash-director-doesnt-agree-that-cyborgs-going-to-b-1785443430

Super Dan
Jan 26, 2006

Dacap posted:

For mainly physical threat villains I'd include Clayface, Man-Bat, KGBeast and he's fought Solomon Grundy a bunch

Even then, they all have super strength, so it becomes more about Batman outsmarting them. Batman generally doesn't fight normal dudes who are just good at martial arts.

Super Dan
Jan 26, 2006

I think the Shazam movie is one of the ones that is announced for like 2019 or so. A lot of plans can change in three years, so who knows if it'll happen or not. The entire DCCU could collapse as a failed experiment if the Justice League movie tanks.

Super Dan
Jan 26, 2006

greatn posted:

What if the Vulture was also his high school principal!

Nope, that's Kenneth Choi

http://www.newsarama.com/29681-report-spider-man-homecoming-finds-its-high-school-principal-in-captain-america-s-howling-commandos.html

Super Dan
Jan 26, 2006

There's also this:
http://www.ew.com/article/2016/11/05/doctor-strange-easter-eggs-spoilers

quote:

One of them is described as a Marine Colonel who has a spinal injury from using “experimental armor.” This sounds a lot like a reference to Col. James “Rhodey” Rhodes (Don Cheadle), whose character was partially paralyzed while wearing the War Machine armor in Captain America: Civil War. Derrickson has previously said War Machine wasn’t the one being referenced, but didn’t insist that at EW’s Q&A.

Another patient mention in Strange’s call is much more likely to be an important Marvel character in the future. Strange was far more interested in working on her: a woman in her 20s who was struck by lightning – a serious injury complicated by an electronic implant in her brain to help quell her schizophrenia.

When asked if this was a reference to Captain Marvel, who will be played by Oscar-winner Brie Larson in an upcoming film, Derrickson said he could neither confirm nor deny. But he was smiling (so infer from that what you like).

“Remember that Brittany Murphy movie where she goes ‘I’ll never tell…’” he said in a whispered singsong, referencing the 2001 thriller Don’t Say a Word.

Super Dan
Jan 26, 2006

Thanos is Cable

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/deadpool-2-josh-brolin-play-cable-993232

Super Dan
Jan 26, 2006

Dacap posted:

http://splashreport.com/silver-and-black-story-details/

These are apparently the story details of the Sable / Black Cat movie. No Spider-Man, but it introduces Chameleon, Kraven, Scorpion, Tarantula, Robot Master, Jessica Drew and Norman Osborn. Basically cutting out a bunch of future sequel ideas for the MCU movies.

I'm guessing it's BS

I think the weirdest part of this is the inclusion of Dominic Fortune. Has he ever been considered a Spider-Man character? Would Sony even have the rights to him?

Super Dan
Jan 26, 2006

Patty Jenkins has said that the sequel will take place in America, which means probably not World War 2.

Super Dan
Jan 26, 2006

twistedmentat posted:

I really don't understand why either of those scenes exist. But those kinds of scenes were very 90s. I'd count the basketball scene in Escape From LA to be similar.

Neither of those movies came out in the 90s.

Super Dan
Jan 26, 2006

hiddenriverninja posted:

I really wish Michael Rosenbaum could have played Flash.

I really wish Michael Rosenbaum could have played Lex. He was the best part of Smallville.

Super Dan
Jan 26, 2006

Phylodox posted:

The end of Avengers 4 involves someone using the Infinity Gauntlet to rebuilt reality, either wholly or in part. Mutants end up being a part of this new, re-built universe.

The Scarlet Witch, left all alone by the death of her brother and now The Vision, combines her chaos magic with one or more Infinity Stones to create a whole subspecies of people just like her.

No, more mutants.

Super Dan
Jan 26, 2006

amigolupus posted:

If they do bring Jackman in the MCU, maybe a way to sidestep the Logan issue is to have him play a different character? Maybe, I dunno, Hercules?

There was nothing stopping them from already doing this.

Super Dan
Jan 26, 2006

In the comics, Old Man Logan has been transported to the mainstream Marvel Universe. I just realized they could just do that with Jackman.

Super Dan
Jan 26, 2006

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Jon Bernthal can move up to the drat movies. I would love to see him as an anti-villain in the next spider man.

If anyone's crossing over from Netflix to the movies, I'd much rather see the Kingpin.

Super Dan
Jan 26, 2006

I hope Dinklage is the elf with a gun

Super Dan
Jan 26, 2006

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Lot of good reeds here. Only uppper half remaining Reed is a close favorite but I still have to go with Mega Man Reed

There's a human torch Reed and a Reed made out of rocks. I'm going to assume there's an invisible Reed there, too.

Super Dan
Jan 26, 2006

Lurdiak posted:

Keep in mind Schumacher was so dead set on Tommy Lee Jones as Two-Face that the studio had to pay Billy Dee Williams off, since his contract stipulated he was supposed to be Two-Face whenever that character eventually appeared in a Batman film (which is why he had blink and you'll miss them roles as Harvey Dent in the Burton films). Imagine paying someone who desperately wants to play the character off so you can have the worst performance ever instead of them.

I fully believe that Jones was completely capable of being a decent Two-Face, but instead for some weird reason he went with a cackling Joker-lite maniac.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super Dan
Jan 26, 2006

Wheat Loaf posted:

What does WoDC stand for? Sorry, it's probably very obvious but I'm drawing a blank.

Funniest outcome would be Lucasfilm hiring him to make a Star Wars movie.

That doesn't make any sense. Marvel wants to keep him, it's Disney that fired him. He absolutely will not make a Star Wars movie.

• Locked thread