Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Black Balloon posted:

I don't think I'm gonna beat getting 11 epics and 2 hell orbs in 103 hell runs yesterday, but bah gawd I'm gonna try as soon as I get home.

:eyepop: I went 8 and 2 over 138 hells.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest

fool_of_sound posted:

:eyepop: I went 8 and 2 over 138 hells.

I would be extremely happy with that. I won't ever again see the luck I had yesterday, in terms of number of drops.

inc DG belt and king's tears today

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Nethertribes posted:

Arto is cursed. Not only does he make people display actual wrong skills doing damage, he breaks the actual damage portion of the analysis.

I've done it a few times with Fire Wave Sword but it only hit for around 9 billion at its best.

Black Balloon posted:

I don't think I'm gonna beat getting 11 epics and 2 hell orbs in 103 hell runs yesterday, but bah gawd I'm gonna try as soon as I get home.

1 epic 3 eyes over 30 runs :(

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

What's a good place to read up on solid builds these days? I was semi-computerless for a little while and I guess during that time my battle mage got reset and I can't remember if I was doing magic or physical.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

I've done 188 hell runs since the start of this event and I've only gotten 9 epics, a couple of which I've disassembled to end up with my current 33 demon eyes. Haven't found an orb at all.

On the plus side, one of those epics was decent and two were semi-usable, I guess.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Nighthand posted:

I've done 188 hell runs since the start of this event and I've only gotten 9 epics

That's about average.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Wow Necromancer is so much more fun than Shadow Dancer was. I love that they let you change subclasses before awakening :)

_jink
Jan 14, 2006

Trebuchet King posted:

What's a good place to read up on solid builds these days? I was semi-computerless for a little while and I guess during that time my battle mage got reset and I can't remember if I was doing magic or physical.

going to the nexus class forums and scouring for good info. It's a bit luck of the draw though; some classes have great posters, others much less so.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Finally burnt through Ryb's 10k Demon Invite reserve. Got 3/5 Plate Power, 2/5 Mana Vortex, and 1/5 Wesley's Strategy. Not terrible I suppose.

Still debating turning in some of my giant pile of challenges and continuing Mr. Bones' Wild Grind next weekend. Or else buying a ton of cheap hell tickets. Dunno.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Restraint was filling up so anyone who hasn't been on in 90+ days has been viciously kicked. Let me know if you come back.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

The guild system update has to be coming soon. Bumping up the guild capacity up to 1000 members is amazing. :unsmigghh:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

(ed) Nevermind, just occured to me that there's no reason to cast it first right out of the gate. Eesh.

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 06:44 on May 9, 2016

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

fool_of_sound posted:

Restraint was filling up so anyone who hasn't been on in 90+ days has been viciously kicked. Let me know if you come back.

Also if your main or alts you play often are still in GamerGirls, you can move them to Restraint if you want. We have some space now and are probably a bit more active.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Did Dark Templar get an update in the last few months or something too? Seems like there's skills I don't remember, and that Congest passive doesn't seem to be how many skills are running anymore, just how many you've used recently. Swear I remember that's how it used to be.

Nethertribes
Mar 19, 2011

BLOOD

Ciaphas posted:

Did Dark Templar get an update in the last few months or something too? Seems like there's skills I don't remember, and that Congest passive doesn't seem to be how many skills are running anymore, just how many you've used recently. Swear I remember that's how it used to be.

There was an update that did change basically all of F. Slayer. Like Demon Slayers no longer have to cast their buff to get their whipsword, SMs got Not-Secret Slayer Technique, DTs got the changes you've noticed, and no one plays Vagabond so who cares about their changes.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORvpNdPcANE

So how about that Dark Knight awakening? At this rate might as well give them 2nd awakenings too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zr0xZHR615E

:catdrugs:

Somefool fucked around with this message at 13:11 on May 10, 2016

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Hey Somefool, do you think Dark Knight is going to be reasonably good now with something like Gracia/Sea God/Scream Cave set instead of epics or bust?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Nethertribes posted:

There was an update that did change basically all of F. Slayer. Like Demon Slayers no longer have to cast their buff to get their whipsword, SMs got Not-Secret Slayer Technique, DTs got the changes you've noticed, and no one plays Vagabond so who cares about their changes.

Cool, nice that I wasn't misremembering how DT worked before. Fun stuff.

One of these days I'll get someone past 60 instead of endlessly leveling alts :v:

Corby Haas
Jul 29, 2015
Hello. I am Corby and I will join your fun in DFO. I have a level 15 Slayer and I think that this game is a fun, good game. I am excited to one day be in a goon guild because the goon guild in MapleStory is not one that has people in it. It is fun that you have Discord even though you also have IRC, because even though I love IRC a lot of people don't love IRC and Discord is the best not-IRC thing. When I get around to it I shall apply to GamerGirls as "Legalpad". I know GamerGirls is the alt guild but I'm a filthy casual so it's 'kay.

I mostly XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX to kill bad guys, but Z when they fall to the ground. I also have a fun ability where I spin my sword/bat over my head in an orange circle that only sometimes works. Sometimes I accidentally hit a key that makes me jump away from enemies, which is the opposite of what I want to do.

My favorite thing so far: The game gave me a message that I interpret as meaning, "You're out of quests but you're still low level. Go kill some s***."

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

Somefool posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORvpNdPcANE

So how about that Dark Knight awakening? At this rate might as well give them 2nd awakenings too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zr0xZHR615E

:catdrugs:

So what I'm seeing is Dark Knight becomes EVEN MORE of a lazy ripoff of all the Slayer subs, while Creator goes on to become the ultimate hold class in the game, but still deals no damage.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Corby Haas posted:

When I get around to it I shall apply to GamerGirls as "Legalpad". I know GamerGirls is the alt guild but I'm a filthy casual so it's 'kay.

We've got plenty of room in Restraint now, so feel free to join it. It's probably more active.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

fool_of_sound posted:

Hey Somefool, do you think Dark Knight is going to be reasonably good now with something like Gracia/Sea God/Scream Cave set instead of epics or bust?

They've always been good with whatever really, just depends on how far you want to take the equipment.

I ran raid with a DK who wore full 85 legacy armor set but he amped it all up to +11-12 and was still able to single combo bosses down. Granted he was using an Anton epic weapon but that alone isn't enough.

edit: Here's the guy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1qbqJKdVPs

I think he had Anton epic accessories in this video but this is probably the fastest Tog kill I have ever seen in raid.

Somefool fucked around with this message at 21:49 on May 10, 2016

Umbreon
May 21, 2011
So if I want a gracia weapon, I can only get up to 3 impostor reports a day right? There's no other way to speed things up?

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Umbreon posted:

So if I want a gracia weapon, I can only get up to 3 impostor reports a day right? There's no other way to speed things up?

Well, you can pray for Gabe, but that's a long shot and not worth the EEs.

Umbreon
May 21, 2011

fool_of_sound posted:

Well, you can pray for Gabe, but that's a long shot and not worth the EEs.

I have no idea how people recommend getting multiple legendaries with a straight face. Time gating to this degree is the worst. :smith:

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Umbreon posted:

I have no idea how people recommend getting multiple legendaries with a straight face. Time gating to this degree is the worst. :smith:

Well, it's going to get better in the coming months at least: special 'hells' for ancient dungeons that drop random quest legendaries and materials.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

fool_of_sound posted:

Well, it's going to get better in the coming months at least: special 'hells' for ancient dungeons that drop random quest legendaries and materials.

Ancients hell is the worst hell. Pretty sure there is a chart floating out there but you're looking at around 12 runs for it to trigger. :shepface:

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
What kind of fun hating rear end in a top hat designed ToDes and why do they hate monks (and other melee classes) so much? I know Asura spoiled me for ToDes but Jesus Christ so many APcs with either 100% super armor, stun immunity, stun-on-hit, or other bullshit.

Sealed pots need to be account bound instead of untradeable.

Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest

Evil Fluffy posted:

What kind of fun hating rear end in a top hat designed ToDes and why do they hate monks (and other melee classes) so much? I know Asura spoiled me for ToDes but Jesus Christ so many APcs with either 100% super armor, stun immunity, stun-on-hit, or other bullshit.

Sealed pots need to be account bound instead of untradeable.

Lead your combos with Smasher to start a proper juggle. Abuse your own grabs and iframes.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

More like where's your twister set so you can kite them for days while being chipped to death at a distance. :colbert:

Raruna
Mar 30, 2010
So today a terrible thing happened. I went tried to +11 a weapon with my remaining free reinforcers. Since I havent been focusing much in the game lately I figured I would at least use my protection ticket and see what's up. Got to +11, got greedy, failed, whatever.

Then since I still had that amp grimoire, I first bought a +10 ticket, applied it, and then used the grimoire, only to find out that amp levels completely override reinforcement levels.

I thought amping worked like that Suju thing that increases fixed damage. It doesn't :saddowns:

Nethertribes
Mar 19, 2011

BLOOD

Raruna posted:

So today a terrible thing happened. I went tried to +11 a weapon with my remaining free reinforcers. Since I havent been focusing much in the game lately I figured I would at least use my protection ticket and see what's up. Got to +11, got greedy, failed, whatever.

Then since I still had that amp grimoire, I first bought a +10 ticket, applied it, and then used the grimoire, only to find out that amp levels completely override reinforcement levels.

I thought amping worked like that Suju thing that increases fixed damage. It doesn't :saddowns:

You were thinking of refinement at that moment. Reinforcement and Amplification are the same thing except Amp also adds a stat that increases. Refinement you pay the powerful energy tax and then get announced to the server if you succeeded or failed at +6 and up.

Raruna
Mar 30, 2010

Nethertribes posted:

You were thinking of refinement at that moment. Reinforcement and Amplification are the same thing except Amp also adds a stat that increases. Refinement you pay the powerful energy tax and then get announced to the server if you succeeded or failed at +6 and up.

Yeah, I knew Amping increased stats, but I didn't think it was completely tied to reinforcement level :/

Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest

:frogsiren:AMP ARMOR BEFORE WEAPONS, DON'T AMP WEAPONS UNLESS YOU ARE FIXED DAMAGE:frogsiren:

sorry for your loss

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

fool_of_sound posted:

Also if your main or alts you play often are still in GamerGirls, you can move them to Restraint if you want. We have some space now and are probably a bit more active.

I did this, my summoner BurningSpiri applied.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Nighthand posted:

I did this, my summoner BurningSpiri applied.

Ok, I'll add you after the three day downtime.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
My Final (in so much as I won't be running it anymore in the hopes of getting set pieces) Verdict on Otherverse: gently caress Otherverse. My pending verdict on Hell Mode and trying to play the DFO Market for gold and items: gently caress this.

Sometimes I don't know why I like this game.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.
In this world it's pet or BE pet.

All the endgame gearing up systems in this game are awful RNG messes or long slow daily grinds. It's amazing how fun the game play is in comparison to how tedious and awful getting any sort of useful gear is.

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

OUTDATED REMNANTS OF THE HYPE POST PLEASE GO TO THIS LINK INSTEAD

NachtSieger fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Oct 12, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

OUTDATED REMNANTS OF THE HYPE POST PLEASE GO TO THIS LINK INSTEAD

NachtSieger fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Oct 12, 2016