Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.
In this world it's pet or BE pet.

Can confirm that male nen involves lots of hitting things with light tigers. If anyone actually cares I can go into more detail about the class.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InternetOfTwinks
Apr 2, 2011

Coming out of my cage and I've been doing just bad

NachtSieger posted:

The differences between male and female Striker aren’t too large pre-awakening, but once they awaken, the differences really happen. The female Striker gains Kihop Low Kick, letting her chamber a kick so hard she creates a vacuum to suck enemies in before kicking them to death, and the male Striker clearly wins in this by getting Suju Inferno, which lets him set his legs on fire to kick the loving poo poo out of his enemies.

I am now satisfied with my class choice having picked pretty much on a whim after coming back from Nexon days. Also this game is way more fun now.

Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest

At some point I will write a full dissertation on why Sword Master is the best class in a game full of best classes. Because it is.

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

Are the other knight subclasses out in kDFO yet? Seems like it's been a really long time on those.

MURPHAGATOR!
Apr 6, 2013

Another busy day at the
Fight House.
Hahahahahaha.

No.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Trebuchet King posted:

Are the other knight subclasses out in kDFO yet? Seems like it's been a really long time on those.

Knight is unpopular (bad design, protagonist-y, lasting reputation for being OP), so they keep putting off her other subs. Demon Lancer is the latest class drop in Korea, and apparently people have been pushing Neople for the other mmage subs, now that he's actually popular.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
My summoner/fbrawler hit 40 last night so I swapped to Summoner and :wtc:

Do I just pick 2 out of 4 spirits to focus on (plus their upgraded summons)? There's no drat way to take and use all 4 elements at once and since there's 408723962347969 summons that don't use a convenient summon menu like Chaos I can't realistically put them all on hot keys unless I start programming my G105's G keys and use KB/M instead of a controller for summoner.

NachtSieger posted:

Tl;dr play a Chaos if you want to play a character who can slide into either steady, overpowering DPS, or a face shattering burst. Also play Chaos if you want to inordinately fear lava.

Christ this is so true. The first time I ran mirror arad on my Chaos and got the atlas+2 others level with lava everywhere I drat near died despite constantly chugging master hp potions and never actually being hit by an enemy.

At level 65 Genocide Crush has done upwards of 20 million damage to level 86 mirror arad bosses though, using the lvl 60 rental weapon. For comparison: Thunder God, the level 85 2nd awakening for Asura, does half that if I'm lucky and that's on a lvl 86 Asura with a +10 amped BiS epic short sword. Chaos is hilariously overpowered and they probably still OHKO Anton Raid bosses in Korea with the right setup.

That said, Asura is still an awesome class and while our DPS kinda blows without insane gear (like a full Epic plate set) it's fun and once you have IWS you can start tearing through poo poo at breakneck speed instead of relying on ghost orb for bosses.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Yeah, you only really focus on 1-2 of the elemental spirits. It's not even just hotkey space, you run out of SP when you're making all the nice things, like lasher, mark, louise, echeverria, hive, bond, etc etc etc.

I hotkey my T1s with up+z and down+z and their associated T2s as up+space and down+space. I save hotkey space for contracts, buffs, and other poo poo.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

Black Balloon posted:

At some point I will write a full dissertation on why Sword Master is the best class in a game full of best classes. Because it is.

having recently ditched my vagabond for a swordmaster, i would appreciate this.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Does anybody have a list of gear that gives levels to sentiment du fer crit.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
I didn't see any mention of Necromancer being a JoJo class that gets a stand, which is a drat shame :colbert:

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

I didn't see any mention of Necromancer being a JoJo class that gets a stand, which is a drat shame :colbert:

I don't know what you're talking about, underline for emphasis. :colbert:

NachtSieger posted:

This changes completely when she gains Vallacre the Slaughterer, which summons a big sword wielding ghost behind her and putting her into a state similar to that of the Berserker’s Frenzy. In exchange for a pretty constant drainage of MP, she gains enhanced basic attacks, input only psuedo-skills, and gains the ability to use three other skills (Vallacre’s Grasp, Guillotine, and her awakening skill, Phantom Storm). Plus it looks like a stand, for all you JoJo nerds.

Dark Ritual is where the Necromancer shines, at first trading two thirds of her Strength to feed into her Intelligence at a 1:1 point ratio, and then slowly growing so that the Strength loss (which remains at a steady two thirds) more efficiently turns into Intelligence. Maximizing Dark Ritual is all about equipping gear with enormous strength gains, or gear that increases Dark Ritual levels, or Chronicle gear that boosts the efficiency of Dark Ritual to supercharge your Intelligence through the roof so you can annihilate your enemies with black magic and a stand-like ghost that looks like it came from a heavy metal album.

booksnake
May 4, 2009

we who are crowned with the crest of wisdom

pon alien posted:

Does anybody have a list of gear that gives levels to sentiment du fer crit.

Don't have a list but off the top of my head, legacy weapons, hi-tech ring, epic time traveler's watch, certain level ranges of halidom armor

Unoriginal One
Aug 5, 2008
Back after being out for over a month, seems I've missed a fair bit on my BnS binge.

Probably not going to bother with the buddy event this far in, but if there's someone that hasn't teamed up for it yet you can bug me while I'm on for the free returner points.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Nighthand posted:

Yeah, you only really focus on 1-2 of the elemental spirits. It's not even just hotkey space, you run out of SP when you're making all the nice things, like lasher, mark, louise, echeverria, hive, bond, etc etc etc.

I hotkey my T1s with up+z and down+z and their associated T2s as up+space and down+space. I save hotkey space for contracts, buffs, and other poo poo.

I'm running the ice and light spirits right now but wondering if I should swap ice for fire or if it even matters that much.

Do you even bother with Hodor? They seem like a bit of a waste of SP when those points can go towards maxxing out the dragon(maybe the flower), louise, or anything else. Spirit King Enchilada is even better than I expected since his default wave attack is basically Asura Crescent and not some short range melee attack like I had thought. Since I currently have something like 14 days of neo plus and 10+ of everything else* my summoner is only a level or 2 from getting the spirit king to lvl 5 for the lightning attack.

* I can still but 8 7-day neo prem and all 10 master contracts via the one event too but it'd probably mean not getting one of the summer av/title/pet options and I'm thinking of just getting all 3 and putting them on my chaos, or maybe the avs on my summoner since Chaos has full basic clone avs already.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
The summer title seems ok, but not great. It's an event title, so it's better than anything you an get normally, but that's about all that can be said for it. The summer pet is fantastic, even nerfed. It's basically on par with a level 50 marbas. Even if you don't want the avatars, that's about 20-25 hell ticket if you witch grind them. Well worth it.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Evil Fluffy posted:

I'm running the ice and light spirits right now but wondering if I should swap ice for fire or if it even matters that much.

Do you even bother with Hodor? They seem like a bit of a waste of SP when those points can go towards maxxing out the dragon(maybe the flower), louise, or anything else. Spirit King Enchilada is even better than I expected since his default wave attack is basically Asura Crescent and not some short range melee attack like I had thought. Since I currently have something like 14 days of neo plus and 10+ of everything else* my summoner is only a level or 2 from getting the spirit king to lvl 5 for the lightning attack.

* I can still but 8 7-day neo prem and all 10 master contracts via the one event too but it'd probably mean not getting one of the summer av/title/pet options and I'm thinking of just getting all 3 and putting them on my chaos, or maybe the avs on my summoner since Chaos has full basic clone avs already.

Fire used to be the best T1, since Ador's little punch hits twice while everyone else's attacks hit once. I dunno if they changed that in the last while, I've been entrenched with fire and usually darkness, though sometimes light since I play a lot with my girlfriend's f.nen.

Hodor is good once you pump some SP into him, since he gets a lot of attacks on low cooldown and can chain-stun dudes. Once you get higher in level he tapers off, though, and at cap I don't even use him.

Echeverria is 100% must max. He easily accounts for 50-70% of my damage in dungeons, though part of that is the 2wake skill you get that allows you to press the button that summons him to teleport him in front of you to shoot a screen-length murder laser that rips through everything. In OV dungeons he's doing 100-200 million damage throughout depending on how effectively I'm aiming that laser.

Sylvyfish
Feb 16, 2012

We can't get hung up on real world morality.
Does anyone notice their CPU and or their GPU working excessively hard while running DFO? I used msi afterburner to limit the framerate because I don't like running it full screen, (It's like 600 fps otherwise) but I still hear what I assume is my CPU fan working -really- hard whenever I run DFO. Doesn't happen with any other games.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Sylvyfish posted:

Does anyone notice their CPU and or their GPU working excessively hard while running DFO? I used msi afterburner to limit the framerate because I don't like running it full screen, (It's like 600 fps otherwise) but I still hear what I assume is my CPU fan working -really- hard whenever I run DFO. Doesn't happen with any other games.

DFO is a resource hog. Part of it is the number of sprites it's using, and part of it is piss poor optimization and a known memory leak.

Sylvyfish
Feb 16, 2012

We can't get hung up on real world morality.

fool_of_sound posted:

DFO is a resource hog. Part of it is the number of sprites it's using, and part of it is piss poor optimization and a known memory leak.

Not much that can be done then I guess? I'm starting to resent these honey time events now.

Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest

Inflammatory posted:

having recently ditched my vagabond for a swordmaster, i would appreciate this.

the spark notes version is you level with zan for the super armor and shout at everything and tell it to a) gently caress off and b) suck your dick

and then you hit level cap and grind an ov set (if you're boring or unlucky) or epics (if you're rich or lucky or a cool guy, also spoilers sword masters can use more epics than basically anyone else in the game)

so for the intermittent period it's pretty eh but once you get your stuff set up you spend your entire play session shouting at everything to suck your dick or just generally cackling at your damage numbers

eventually you get to my gear level and the personal story arc is basically going from being the fattest and most reviled kid in middle/high school that even the other fat reviled kids hated and would regularly push down the stairs, into a total badass who decided after graduation to get totally ripped, become a Navy SEAL, and bang movie stars literally every day and you'll carry every OV and Anton group like you're ramping a turbo motorcycle off a tank at 250 mph in order to intercept a terrorist warlord on his apache gunship helicopter and there's more explosions than a michael bay film and you land totally unscathed after cutting all their heads off in a sick iai-do freeze-frame anime thing with a bitchin' hanzo steel katana

and that sword master was albert einstein

edit: i do have a work-in-progress thing saved where i'll actually go over the functionality of every SM skill, down to the finicky poo poo you can do with each one, and i will post it when it's done

Black Balloon fucked around with this message at 01:58 on May 14, 2016

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Ya know man, I know you don't like it, but going Short Sword isn't like, bad or anything, everybody likes what they like, regardless of how objectively good it is overall. I want to say gently caress katana users though.

Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest

Short Sword is good and definitely the best weapon for most Sword Masters. I ultimately stuck with zanbato because as I was just starting my OV grind for AI/MR, I got a Byeollungum drop in my first serious set of hells. So I made the commitment to that playstyle, made it my new main, and sunk all of my resources into it.

I promise I will be going over all of them in-depth in my effort-post.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Is sword master either A) combo/fast action heavy like WM or B) weapon swap heavy like WM

Your post makes starting yet another alt tempting but I'm finding more and more lately that lots of low cooldown abilities used in specific combos isn't my bag anymore (see: swapping out Shadow Dancer for Necro, my current like for Dark Templar)

(ed) When I say starting another alt I mean probably subclass-changing my Demon Slayer because something about them doesn't rub me right, though she's only 36

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
It is not weapon swap heavy. It is fast though and it's great.

Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest

Ciaphas posted:

Is sword master either A) combo/fast action heavy like WM or B) weapon swap heavy like WM

Your post makes starting yet another alt tempting but I'm finding more and more lately that lots of low cooldown abilities used in specific combos isn't my bag anymore (see: swapping out Shadow Dancer for Necro, my current like for Dark Templar)

SM does not swap weapons. You choose a single weapon to kind of specialize in (read: master) and that sort of determines your general playstyle. They are all fast-action. The pace and the order of it changes.

Generally speaking, SS with Monster Ruler gets most of its work done by spamming Imperial Swordsmanship as a filler, and using Swift Demon Slash and Arcane Sword Blast as they come up, because both of those cubes do solid damage on their own, and they hit quickly which ensures magic sword medley procs will fire as soon as they come off cooldown.

Bludgeon is all about getting 9pc Ancient Illusion and spamming Illusion Sword, and using Arcane Sword Blast whenever it's off cooldown. This is all about AoE, stunning stuff, and knocking it down. It is not high-burst, but it clears poo poo out pretty good.

Katana is all about meme poo poo with Caravella and Magic Cataclysm and other fire legendaries/epics. You spam Imperial Swordsmanship. SDS can be used for flavor. Layer Arcane Sword Blast and Dragon Mortar with your blade dance cancels if you feel cheeky but mostly you're just spamming one loving button like an rear end in a top hat. DO NOT ASK ME ABOUT USING KATANA UNLESS YOU HAVE MAGIC CATACLYSM, AND EITHER FLAME KATANA CARAVELLA OR LIGHT SWORD MASAMUNE. NO, NOTHING ELSE WILL WORK.

Zanbato rotates every single cube skill in your arsenal, with Crescent and Flash as the bread and butter. Your OV gear for this is 6pc Forbidden Swordsmanship from OV3, and 3pc Fencing Master from OV2. The gimmick here is burst. With that setup, Crescent does fully three times more damage than normal. Flash, 2.4 times. When you want something really dead, you layer Arcane Sword Blast and Dragon Mortar (canceling the last parts of the animations so you can skip the long recovery time on each), skip into Crescent, Flash, and a fully charged Swift Demon Slash. TL;DR, you link every cube, then link some more cubes, then fart around for a bit until stuff is up again.

I will get more into this at a later date but I am happy to answer any specific questions anyone might have about the class.

Black Balloon fucked around with this message at 02:33 on May 14, 2016

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
My quick sm weapon guide

Zan: Butt rush scenarios by cleaving every other room in half with your buffed crescent and then demon slashing the boss, fall off late game because you don't have a braindead skill that shits deeps like the other weapons.

SS: Primarily causes your good passive skill, magic sword medley, to have a shorter cooldown which doesn't sound like much but lets you poo poo thunder and fire like an angry storm god, and then takes advantage of the low cooldown by having the only Imperial Swordsmanship that can proc it. Has a dedicated OV2 set that lowers the cooldown even more and ups the damage. If you do roll this then you want to stack your mastery as hard as possible because the more you lower the cooldown on MSM the better.

Bludgeon: Pretend you are a support class because you have cc and can debuff ele reists. Primarily transforms Illusion Sword, your Jojo stand ghost attack, into an incredibly useful aoe earthquake machine, also turns arcane sword blast into a thermonuclear bomb. Has a dedicated OV3 set that turns Illusion Sword into a spam skill and makes ASB nuke harder. It's the space jam weapon.

Katana: Normally gives you jack poo poo and you might as well just use a zanbato because you get a better damage bonus all the time instead of when you cancel in garbage. HOWEVer SMs are one of those classes that can really benefit from noted stupid rear end in a top hat meme epic "Magic Cataclysm" due to the fact that Imperial Swordsmanship counts as both a skill and a normal attack. The long and short of it is that if you get it and also an epic katana you can press the button a lot and do damage.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Keeping in mind that I have no characters above 60, talk about Epics does not apply to me :v:

Still, guess I might as well give it a shot, I can change over my demon slayer since swaps are cheap (thanks Neople)

(edit) or maybe i'll try female spitfire again, I hear they get a jetpack at early levels now??? that sounds neat

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 03:20 on May 14, 2016

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Demon slayers aren't vagabonds, they're good.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

just something about their playstyle or maybe their aesthetic i don't like, at least up to that point. not really sure what :shrug:

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

Einwand posted:

Can confirm that male nen involves lots of hitting things with light tigers. If anyone actually cares I can go into more detail about the class.

Please go into more detail about male Nen Master

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.

pon alien posted:

My quick sm weapon guide

Bludgeon: Pretend you are a support class because you have cc and can debuff ele reists. Primarily transforms Illusion Sword, your Jojo stand ghost attack, into an incredibly useful aoe earthquake machine, also turns arcane sword blast into a thermonuclear bomb. Has a dedicated OV3 set that turns Illusion Sword into a spam skill and makes ASB nuke harder. It's the space jam weapon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o80nWR0OeBw

InternetOfTwinks
Apr 2, 2011

So I bought an avatar set because I thought it looked bitching, and I have these silver emblem boxes. What sort of emblems should I get for a Male Striker? Thinking crit, strength, evasion, and casting speed, sound right?

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

The slow march chaotic minion stampede tp 86 continues on my summoner. I need to rebind enchilada and louise to more controller-friendly commands but other than that focusing on fire/ice right now (going to probably swap to fire/light) for spirits has been good times. hitting minions with the lash and stat/cdr buffs makes them just rampage on everything and the skill to teleport them all to you casts fast enough that I can usually rush a boss and drop them all right on top of it as it proceeds to explode.

Sucks that I almost certainly won't get from 48 to 84 before Tuesday because I could really use those Feat clearing tickets from the event that ends on the 17th.

WombatCyborg posted:

So I bought an avatar set because I thought it looked bitching, and I have these silver emblem boxes. What sort of emblems should I get for a Male Striker? Thinking crit, strength, evasion, and casting speed, sound right?

Do strikers have that many skills with casting involved? I'd have thought attack speed would be far more useful.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
Looking over the emblems you either want solid crit, mixture of desired attack stat + crit, or aspd and either hit or mspd. There is literally no reason whatsoever to take casting speed as Striker since anything that uses it are mainly buffs.

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

WombatCyborg posted:

Red/Green Slots: Str+Phys Crit. Calculate ahead so that, with buffs and stuff, you hit 97% crit or get as close to it as possible.
Yellow: Attack Speed.
Blue: Movement Speed or Hit Rate, whichever makes you feel better. I am strongly considering switching to Hit Rate myself. 20% is the cap.
Aura/Skin if socket generators for it ever come back: More Str+Phys Crit.

InternetOfTwinks
Apr 2, 2011

InfinityComplex posted:

Looking over the emblems you either want solid crit, mixture of desired attack stat + crit, or aspd and either hit or mspd. There is literally no reason whatsoever to take casting speed as Striker since anything that uses it are mainly buffs.

Oh whoops, did more reading and realized the difference between those two. For some reason I was thinking casting speed was a blanket term for skills. Glad I waited off haha.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Apropos of nothing I tried F Spitfire the last couple days and I just cannot get used to jumping and using abilities, especially with keyboard controls

Conceptually I like her but practically I nearly can't conjtrol her :(

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

Ciaphas posted:

Apropos of nothing I tried F Spitfire the last couple days and I just cannot get used to jumping and using abilities, especially with keyboard controls

Conceptually I like her but practically I nearly can't conjtrol her :(

It takes a little bit to get used to. For me, when I play FSpit I actually reorient my hand to make hitting jump a lot easier when combined with the fact that I have buster/flash/freeze as Q W and E because I am a weirdo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RobertDanger
Dec 4, 2003
Here comes danger!

Does this game still have the energy limiting mechanic? That is what drove me away last time but I did love playing my mechanic.