Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest

by a few months ago he means january

and hells are dead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Black Balloon posted:

by a few months ago he means january

Time is a flat circle

Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest

time doesn't exist anymore. 2018 was like 4 years long

Kore_Fero
Jan 31, 2008
This game is alright :) I burnt all my FP getting to around lv33. I applied for Restraint if you have a spot for a dumb newbie.

Elswyyr
Mar 4, 2009
Applied.

ixxit
Oct 15, 2010
Also applied, this game is ridiculous and I'm glad I remembered it exists.

Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest

Cool, got you all.

I appreciate people who post in the thread to confirm their account, so I don't have to go searching

802.11weed
May 9, 2007

no
i hope that putting my discord name as well in my requests helped

Zoig
Oct 31, 2010

I hope that having the same name in discord helps. If i knew that it made things easier posting in here i would have.

Nethertribes
Mar 19, 2011

BLOOD
Discord and/or forum name in the application for the guild is the easiest way to let us know that you're legit.

Zarick
Dec 28, 2004

Applied to the guild as zarick13/Karlabos (not sure which name shows up). Having fun playing this again, even if it seems a little TOO easy at first.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
I made a Jump Character of the only class I really enjoy playing that isn't Crusader and I've been playing for a few months but only an hour or two a day to decompress from work. I'm tired of being a pleb so I applied to the guild and was accepted. Teach me how not to suck and how to be useful and get swole from this point. I've, matter of fact, done nothing but just log in to play Harlem maps and scrog off when I've had my adrenaline thrill.

Aside from random cards and crap this is basically the entirety of stuff on my back.

edit: If I need to be around to play with other people in order to git gud then it bears mentioning I live in US EST time, and I'm always awake from 5:00 PM to 9:00 AM.

Lunethex fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Aug 30, 2019

Unoriginal One
Aug 5, 2008
Generally want to ask questions in the discord, but if you're looking for some quick points to get started:

-There's an event ending in a few days where if you can get both of the new classes to cap via the fast leveling mode it'll give you a free sky weapon and a +10 ticket for it that you can give to any character you wish to. Probably still possible, but might be cutting it close. If your Explorer Club is high enough to have access to level tickets it'll speed things up a fair bit, and the monthly reset will give you a fresh set to burn. Don't worry if you miss it, events are generally pretty generous with that stuff.

-For regular gear, Assault Mode for Harlem legendaries and Dawning Crevice to upgrade them into epics. The items themselves can drop, but you'll be buying most/all of the pieces with tokens. Assault Mode can be facerolled through, and groups form all the time for DC.

-For swaps, run Operation Hope. Bosses might be a bit beefy if you have poor gear, but otherwise pretty facerolly; hop into a group if you struggle If you have OV/Ancient tokens sitting around from previous events feel free to swing by the Saint Horn to grab some filler swaps to tide you over, but otherwise don't bother with those.

-You can get rid of the Godly Essences and the assorted Echon mats, they're all completely obsolete nowadays.

You look to have a rather lot of sensor stones, so you'll probably want to start smashing your face into Celestial Rift at some point soon.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Unoriginal One posted:

Generally want to ask questions in the discord, but if you're looking for some quick points to get started:

-There's an event ending in a few days where if you can get both of the new classes to cap via the fast leveling mode it'll give you a free sky weapon and a +10 ticket for it that you can give to any character you wish to. Probably still possible, but might be cutting it close. If your Explorer Club is high enough to have access to level tickets it'll speed things up a fair bit, and the monthly reset will give you a fresh set to burn. Don't worry if you miss it, events are generally pretty generous with that stuff.

-For regular gear, Assault Mode for Harlem legendaries and Dawning Crevice to upgrade them into epics. The items themselves can drop, but you'll be buying most/all of the pieces with tokens. Assault Mode can be facerolled through, and groups form all the time for DC.

-For swaps, run Operation Hope. Bosses might be a bit beefy if you have poor gear, but otherwise pretty facerolly; hop into a group if you struggle If you have OV/Ancient tokens sitting around from previous events feel free to swing by the Saint Horn to grab some filler swaps to tide you over, but otherwise don't bother with those.

-You can get rid of the Godly Essences and the assorted Echon mats, they're all completely obsolete nowadays.

You look to have a rather lot of sensor stones, so you'll probably want to start smashing your face into Celestial Rift at some point soon.

Glad you told me about that Sky Weapon bit. Just kept buying level up tickets/FP potions with mileage, and mailing some to the characters. Mage is halfway through Harlem and Ghost Knight is close behind. Will definitely make it in time.

I also decided to just spend all the sensor stones/invitations I've accrued on runs. I guess I should disassemble any epics I can't use?

Is Dawn Crevice/Operation Hope/Disaster Sector important? I thought the current 'goal' was to get Tayberr's epics. My character has >5000 Exorcism with all that Jump Server gear. Just wondering what the 'path' is.

Lunethex fucked around with this message at 12:44 on Aug 30, 2019

Unoriginal One
Aug 5, 2008
Short version: You run Assault Mode to get Harlem legendaries, and you use DC to upgrade them into Harlem epics. If you're not running around with Luke/Beast gear, these will be a pretty solid upgrade. Once you're in full Harlem epics, you can start running Tayberrs; given all of the free mats flying around, this shouldn't take too long. Summer Coin shop has a ton of handy things in it -including three pieces of Tayberrs gear- so I hope you've been hoovering those up.

Operation Hope is where you go to get gear to fill in all of those empty buff enhancement slots. Disaster Sector is where you go if you want to quickly burn FP in exchange for heaps of Terranium.

Break any dropped epics that you don't need; though keep in mind that Harlem and Tayberrs armor can be changed to match your armor mastery. I'm not sure which Tayberrs set frangers go for, but I'm going to go out on a limb and guess it's either leather or plate.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Unoriginal One posted:

Short version: You run Assault Mode to get Harlem legendaries, and you use DC to upgrade them into Harlem epics. If you're not running around with Luke/Beast gear, these will be a pretty solid upgrade. Once you're in full Harlem epics, you can start running Tayberrs; given all of the free mats flying around, this shouldn't take too long. Summer Coin shop has a ton of handy things in it -including three pieces of Tayberrs gear- so I hope you've been hoovering those up.

Operation Hope is where you go to get gear to fill in all of those empty buff enhancement slots. Disaster Sector is where you go if you want to quickly burn FP in exchange for heaps of Terranium.

Break any dropped epics that you don't need; though keep in mind that Harlem and Tayberrs armor can be changed to match your armor mastery. I'm not sure which Tayberrs set frangers go for, but I'm going to go out on a limb and guess it's either leather or plate.

Thank you kindly :nsa:

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Hey I finally wrote this loving thing!

:d:Fiend War Guide:d:

Fiend War is the Chinese team’s bright idea for a raid, which has MOBA elements for some reason. It’s more straightforward than it looks, and most of the bosses aren’t terribly difficult to learn, but it punishes mistakes pretty harshly.

:d:Raid Oddities:d:
The Fiend War map counts as a ‘town’ map, and simply throws everyone in a given ‘room’ into a party when a battle is initiated. Mobile enemies can sometimes engage with only a brief warning, so be careful to stick with your group.

Fiend War battles are both consumable and time limited. In most battles, you are allowed to use at most five outside healing items, and outside buff items do not function.

All fights except the final boss have a two life token limit for the entire party, and the final boss has a six token limit.

The time limits are typically enough to allow two damage cycles on the boss, possibly three if done quickly. Effective burst damage and knowledge of gimmicks are vital.

:d:General Layout:d:
The raid map consists of three lanes, top to bottom, with limited paths between them. Each lane has an Outpost, then a Logistics Base. The Outposts periodically spawn enemy Fiend Units that move towards the allied base, and the raid ends in a failure if any reach said base. Spawns can be disabled by destroying the Outpost in that lane. Technically only one needs to be destroyed to complete the raid, but it’s usually safer to clear at least two, since the Logistics Base fights can sometimes take a while.

The Logistics Bases do nothing, but all three must be destroyed to unlock the final boss of the raid.

The top and bottom lane are also home to the Radar and Turret Bases respectively. Each of these special bases gives the entire raid team a 20% damage buff, and should be prioritized. In addition, the Radar Base reveals the bosses of Fiend Units, Outposts, and Logistics Bases on the minimap, and the Turret Base stuns all Fiend Units for a minute when first taken.

Periodically and randomly ‘neutral’ orc units will spawn on the map. They block paths and must be defeated to move through them, but they also delay Fiend Units that need to move through their zones. An Orc Sage will also quickly teleport around the map, selling additional supplies and buff potions.

Once both teams have entered the final boss fight, the map mechanics are paused and only resume if the team fails to kill the final boss.

If a team dies or retreats from battle, they are teleported back to the allied base and stunned for 20 seconds (longer on subsequent times). This can be exploited to quickly get back to base if it is in danger.

:d:Orc Bosses:d:
-Bandit Leader Orcdarin & Orc Captain Bloodaxe
---These guys are jokes and should die nearly instantly to any party that even has a shot at finishing the raid. I’m genuinely not even sure if they have attacks or gimmicks to watch out for.

:d:Fiend Unit Bosses:d:
-Bombing Buster MK
---Likes to iframe and move around, but is slow to attack. Its attacks can hit fairly hard, but are highly telegraphed, and the boss has no gimmicks should still die fairly quickly.

-Fusion-type Fiend
---Starts the fight invincible, and becomes vulnerable after knocking everyone back. Technically has several gimmicky attacks, but you’re extremely unlikely to see any of them. Just kill it.

-Succubus Princess
---Fairly tanky for a Fiend Unit boss, but not very dangerous. She likes to periodically stun everyone and do a moderately damaging attack on them a few seconds later. This can be dodged by curing the stun and moving, or can simply be tanked if you keep your health up.

-Superalloy Alligare
--The Big Boy. Rarer and much more dangerous than the other Fiend Unit bosses, Alligare has no major gimmicks but is very tanky and hits like a truck. He telegraphs his attacks, so be careful as you whittle down his huge HP pool.

:d:Objective Bosses:d:
-Turret Base: Plant Ivy
---Ivy begins the fight highly resistant to damage, and spams large plant fields. Avoid them to the best of your ability, but they mostly are more annoying than dangerous.
---After a while, she’ll say “Don’t hurt my children!”. Avoid her plants, or you’ll be launched high into the air and waste vulnerability time. After the launching attack, she goes vulnerable and groggy.

-Radar Base: Magnetic Magnes & Magnetic Polus
---This fight has in theory a very annoying gimmick that is in fact easy to trivialize.
---The enemies are invulnerable at the start of the fight, after a short time, they’ll shoot beams towards each other and create a bubble. Quickly attack the bubble to stun both bosses and cause them to drop a colored orb. The entire party should grab the same color of orb, granting an aura of the same color, if nobody says otherwise, assume this is the blue orb (on the left).
---After a short time, the bosses will chase the party in tornado form, then be stunned and vulnerable. The bosses are healed by attacked from party members with an aura of the same color, but if the entire party has one color, this gimmick is ignorable.
---The bosses will periodically turn into tornados again to waste your time, and if left alive long enough will eventually reset their pattern.
---After one twin dies, the gimmick ends and the other can be quickly finished off.

:d:Outpost Bosses:d:
All three Outpost bosses always appear, but their location is randomized between the three Outposts. Taking the Radar base will identify which is which.

-Humanity Betrayer: Fenvir
---Fights with various lancer skills, and goes through a series of five special attacks, though he is vulnerable the entire time. The first four special attacks are in a random order, but predictable based on his sprite, targeting the player with the red aura:
-----Dark Pattern (tell: his pants start glowing purple): Fenvir throws dark spears at the target that leave behind a damage zone. Just run.
-----Light Pattern (tell: the grass on his shoulders sprouts flowers): Lightning follows the target. Difficult to dodge, but if hit by this pattern, Quick Rebound to avoid the rest of it.
-----Water Pattern (tell: his belt turns blue): All the non-targeted players should run away from the targeted one. Fenvir jumps at and knocks down the target, then does a tornado attack that sucks everyone in. The targeted player should Quick Rebound to avoid the tornado.
-----Fire Pattern (tell: his feet catch on fire): Fenvir creates a fire tornado near the target. Everyone should run away from it.
---After these four patterns, he performs a final attack: he launches spears randomly for several seconds, then slams the ground and knocks everyone down. Everyone must Quick Rebound to avoid an instakill. The boss is groggy after this attack.

-Universe Pulverizer: Crusher
---Crusher consists of the big core and four smaller satellites. The core in invincible until all four satellites are killed. Only the satellite corresponding to the color of the core’s antenna is vulnerable at any given time.
---When a satellite is killed, the core will suck it in, damaging any players that are too close. When the last core is sucked in, it becomes vulnerable. Save your big attacks to finish it off during this phase.

-Schrodinger
---Warning: you cannot use ANY healing items during this fight.
---Schrodinger begins the fight invincible, and spits out a green orb. One player must pick up the orb. The orb can be transferred by touching another player.
---The orb has several effects: first, it rapidly drains MP, then when MP runs out, it rapidly drains HP. Second, only the player holding the orb may use skills. Third, the orb must be held until the bar at the bottom of the screen fills to make Schrodinger revert to a cube and become vulnerable.
---Typically, it’s easier to just let the full support character hold the orb until the bar fills, resurrecting once after it kills them. Afterwords, the full support should use their first awakening, then transfer the orb to their strongest damage dealer. Other damage dealers should take the orb if the boss doesn’t die the the strongest dealer’s burst.

:d:Logistics Base Bosses:d:
All three Logistic Base bosses always appear, but their location is randomized between the three Logistics Bases. Taking the Radar base will identify which is which.

-Light Euclid
---Euclid must be fought normally at first.Once sufficient damage in inflicted, she’ll say “Not Bad…” and her main pattern will begin.
---During her main pattern, she is invulnerable and will teleport around the battlefield performing single slashes at a character. She must be countered as she flashes right before the attack. Five counterattacks are required to successfully complete this pattern. After completion of the pattern, she is groggy and vulnerable.
---If the bar at the bottom of the screen fills, she’ll begins rapidly spawning clones and attacking just link in the main pattern, allowing a last ditch chance of getting the remaining counters. If this fails, she’ll begin shooting energy spikes everywhere that slow characters hit by them, then at the end of the pattern inflict damage based on total hits. She then restarts the main pattern.

-Dark Axion
---Axion starts in egg form, and shoots poison around the battlefield until sufficiently damaged. Don’t stand in the poison. He’ll knock everyone back and the screen will go dark as his main phase begins.
---Axion will invisibly teleport around, appearing as an eye 'behind' random characters, and must be counterattacked as his eye flashes. Success will create a light beam. Four light beams must be created to complete this pattern. Being hit too many times by Axiom will inflict a lengthy stun; do not inflict the fourth counter hit while a party member is stunned.
---Once four beams are created, players should quickly run to one: there is no penalty for multiple players in one beam. The beams will move, and must be followed. Leaving the beam will stun you, then instakill you at the end of the pattern. After a short time, the darkness will lift and Axion will be groggy and vulnerable.
---He DOES take damage when counterattacked in the main phase, though it can be difficult to time big hits.

-Gravity Vice
---Vice is vulnerable throughout his pattern, but hits extremely hard and takes very little damage. Prioritize not getting hit. Vice telegraphs his attacks, with dark fields that can sometimes be difficult to see, so stay caution and preferably at range.
---After sufficient time passes, Vice will say “If you survive this, I will acknowledge you” then rain down a bunch of attacks rapidly. At the end of the pattern, he will knock everyone down, then instakill anyone who does not Quick Rebound. He then becomes groggy.

:d:Final Boss:d:
- Cosmofiend Rosen
---Before entering Rosen, make sure all damage dealers on each team are using the same element. Make use of Cube Contracts if necessary.
---The Rosen fight begins with each team entering either the Black or White Universe. It does not matter which one is entered.
---Rosen is invulnerable as the fight begins, and has four phases and a ‘holding’ phase. Each phase must be defeated, and phase progress is shared between both parties (eg. only one team will fight the Ice phase). Phase order is random.
---Rosen’s ‘real’ hp can only be depleted during his vulnerable phase: conserve awakenings for this phase unless instructed otherwise.

-----Fire Phase: Rosen begins this phase by absorbing the red orb, then turning the floor red.
-------Floor tiles will turn to lava after being stood on for a brief time; damage can be reduced by repeatedly jumping (particularly with Leap, if skilled, but mostly people should keep moving, and try to stay away from other characters.
-------Rosen will periodically darken tiles, which will explode a moment later, launching characters and usually killing them via lava. Prioritize dodging these attacks.
-------After a time limit has elapsed, the floor will flash back to normal and Rosen will become groggy. If not killed, the pattern restarts, but he has fairly low HP in this form. He CAN be damaged in his main pattern, but unless his hp is very low, it's dangerous to do so.

---Ice Phase: Rosen begins this phase by absorbing the blue orb, then turning the floor blue.
-------Rosen is vulnerable throughout this phase and has no special vulnerable period, and should be burnt down as quickly as possible, including using awakenings if available.
-------Rosen mostly attack via floor tiles during this phase, but bars over each character will slowly fill, and fill more quickly as skills are used. When full, they freeze the character and harm anyone nearby: when your bar is nearly full, move away from the party.
-------Frozen characters can be freed by attacking the empty crystal with the same color as they one imprisoning them. Crystals break in one attack, and full support characters should focus on breaking them.

---Wind Phase: Rosen begins this phase by absorbing the green orb, then spawning a bunch of tornados.
-------Rosen is highly vulnerable to repentance effects during this phase, and crusaders should focus on keeping them active throughout.
-------Rosen is vulnerable throughout this phase, but moves and attacks frequently during the main phase. If not repented, prioritize dodging his attacks. He also attacks with floor panels, which are NOT negated by repentance.
-------After some time, Rosen will suck everyone to the center of the field and spawn a bunch of tornadoes. Try to ensure he is repented: if he is not, prepare to use any iframes you have access to in order to dodge the ensuing conflux of tornadoes. After this pattern, Rosen becomes groggy.

---Transcendence Phase: Rosen begins this phase by absorbing the purple orb.
-------Rosen begins this phase invincible, and will throw out floor panels attacks for a while before spawning crystals.
-------The goal during the crystal spawn is the hit the crystals to change their color until all crystals have been changed to correspond to the color of the damage type the team is using. When completed successfully, the crystals will disappear and Rosen will be stunned and vulnerable ONLY to the element corresponding to the crystal color.
-------If the pattern is failed by never changing all crystals to one color, Rosen will do a bunch of easily dodged floor panel attacks.
-------Rosen has a large HP pool in this form and the crystal pattern typically must be repeated multiple times.

---If there are no remaining phases to spawn, but one team is still fighting a phase, Rosen will enter a neutral ‘holding’ phase, where he will use various patterns of floor attacks while invincible.
---The instant the final phase is defeated Rosen becomes vulnerable to both parties. After the damage dealing phase completes, both parties Rosens average their remaining HP, then all phases must be cleared again. If Rosen lost most of his HP during the first damage cycle, the second can usually be rushed, no need to sandbag.
---THE GENERAL STRATEGY: Wind and especially Transcendence phases are by far the least dangerous, and so one team usually sandbags Rosen on one of those phases while the other team kills the remaining ones. This allows both teams to have full Awakening skills for the true damage phase (using suicide/revive strats to save time if there are sufficient life tokens). Communicate which phases have spawned with your entire raid team: typically, one team will hold on whichever of Transcendence and Wind spawn later preferring Transcendence if they spawn more or less at the same time. Do not kill the final phase until both parties are ready to inflict maximum damage.

fool of sound fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Sep 8, 2019

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
We're working on a rough draft for an upcoming Isys Guide here, if you're interested and/or want to contribute.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Ok, here's a Isys Normals guide. If you have any desire to run Isys raid when it comes out, you need to be practicing here. The gear requirements aren't that high, but the patterns take some learning. I'll update the guide with raid information as we get closer to release.

:d:Slenikon Defense Bosses:d:
-Fighter Kugai
---Fight normally at first. It might be a good idea to avoid long lingering attacks.
---When he knocks everyone back and says “Come at me!” and becomes bright red, refrain from attacking until he changes back to normal colors. He goes into groggy afterwords.

-Moonbow Eike
---Fight normally. The boss must be ‘killed’ seven times to activate its second phase. Conserve awakenings for the groggy health bar, but there’s no need to save lesser cooldowns.
---When phase 2 begins, all the boss’ dropped feathers will become colored and have a pattern of triangles above them. Collect them in ascending chromatic/numerical order (ROYGBIV)/(One triangle->two triangles->ect). The boss goes groggy and vulnerable when this pattern is completed.
---Typically Phase 2 is easiest if one person does the collecting. Collecting an incorrect feather will cause it to respawn elsewhere a few seconds later. Avoid the puddles on the ground during this pattern: touching too many will stun the character for the remainder of the patterns.

-Heat Researcher Zadracon
---Fight normally. Honestly just burst him, his groggy phase is very short, he doesn’t have that much HP, and he does not take increased damage during groggy.
---The boss is vulnerable to holds, and it's a good idea to do so. All of his attacks produce scorch marks that inflict constant damage, and then explode at the end of the animation.
---When he enters his main pattern, he’ll create a series of small explosion: each player should intentionally get hit by once of then and enter quick rebound to avoid a large fire wave afterwords. Once the fire wave in complete, release quick rebound and move close to him to avoid a follow up explosion.

:d:Phase 1 Main Bosses:d:
-Omega Guardian [Garden]
---Beat on the golem and evade attacks for a while. When he knocks everyone back, phase 2 begins and each player should run behind a different pillar. Be careful with summons and abilities that generate objects; they can disrupt the main gimmick.
---The boss charges at each player in turn, and will suplex them for high damage if it hits. The goal is to make him run into his pillars instead in order to weaken him.
---After all four charges, it has a groggy duration and defense reduction proportionate to how many pillars it destroyed.

-Cumulonimbus [Garden]
---The boss can be damaged normally at first, though she has a few dangerous attacks.
---Periodically, she will use difficult to dodge concentric circles of lightning. The easiest way to dodge this is with a dash move, or by standing in the very middle of the circle.
---She periodically will spawn a cloud to chase a player, leaving behind a damage field. Move away from your party.
---Eventually, she’ll knock everyone back, mark two players, and summon a light and dark dragon. Each marked player should stay on either the top or bottom of the screen and avoid the dragon until the pattern expires. If the marked player dies, the dragon retargets. If the dragons collide, the entire party is wiped. Success makes the boss go groggy.
---The general pattern is 'person marked by the dark dragon hangs out at the top' and 'person marked by the light dragon hangs out at the bottom'. The dark dragon always enters from the left, and the light dragon from the right.

-Aries Kelly [Tower]
---The boss immediately turns the party into sheep upon entering the fight. In sheep form you have two abilities: headbutt and run. Run increases movement speed and should be used to avoid attacks. Headbutt damages the witch when her shield drops.
---The party must headbutt the witch sufficiently before the timer expires. She is only vulnerable while her shield is down, but can be hit multiple times during each shield drop. If the timer expires, the boss recovers to full HP.
---It’s preferably to stay near the witch and prioritize damage over running around trying to avoid damage. Killing her faster is the best way to reduce damage. Her shield always goes down a few seconds after teleporting.
---If headbutted sufficiently, the boss turns into a groggy sheep and the party turns back to normal. REMEMBER TO REBUFF BEFORE BURSTING.

-Villainess Greta [Tower]
---The boss begins the battle invincible, and quickly marks a character as her ‘next victim’. She’ll then chase that person around and try to kill them until a timer expires, at which point she uses her rage pattern ---If the tracked player is killed, all players take heavy damage and Greta retargets.
---Occasionally, Greta will fire out small dark orbs that, upon impacting a player, spawn a larger orb that tracks the marked player and instakills them if it touches them. Avoid the small orbs!
---Greta’s rage pattern causes a series of explosions targeted around each player. Gather with your group and move clockwise around the room with them to avoid it. She goes groggy afterwards.

-Golden Wing Tritura [Sanctum]
---Fight as normal at first, but watch out for his giant hard hitting AoEs.
---When he knocks everyone back, stick together as much as possible. He will stun a single player (the furthest away from him, but this can be hard to predict because of the knockback), indicate them with a green marker, then charge them. Party members must intercept the charge by standing in the green marker. Successful interception will stun that player for the rest of the pattern. This must be repeated three times to clear the pattern and make the boss groggy.
---Watch out for the spammed lightning during phase 2, and resurrect quickly if killed to continue intercepting.

-Celestial Archer Alexandria [Sanctum]
---Dodge the arrow spam and hit the boss until she knocks everyone back.
---A single player at a time with get a yellow circle beneath them that will quickly ‘fill up’, when full, the circle stops moving and a projectile hits the entire circle a moment later. The goal is to make the boss hit herself with the projectiles by standing near her then dodging away at the last second. This must be done five times to make her go groggy. This pattern is failed via player death, not time, so play it safe.
---Being stuck by one of the projectiles stuns the player for the remainder of the pattern. The stunned player takes constant damage. Remember, a death causes the pattern to fail.
---Beware the floor markings during the main pattern: they will immobilize characters that step on them. If players aren't being targeted and are away from the boss, it might be beneficial to deliberately trigger them to remove them.

-Plunderer Rossol [Sanctum]
---Upon entering he’ll put a circle under you that will shrink when running or attacking, and standing still or collecting a yellow orb will cause it to grow. If it completely shrinks he will berserk attack that character.
---The boss will occasionally project purple rings that must be jumped over, or your yellow circles will shrink substantially.
---The boss' initial health bar is for his amulet, which effectively acts as a shield. His real health bar can only be damaged during groggy phase. The boss’ “amulet” health bar must be depleted within 60 second, if done successfully, the boss will scream, causing rocks to fall from the ceiling. Dodge the rocks. He then goes groggy. If failed, he will pounce around the room rapidly and the amulet will heal to full.
---Let the main damage dealers collect the yellow orbs in order to inflict maximum damage; DPS is important here.

-Stellar Guardian Zodiac [Sanctum]
---Begins the fight as a bunch of light wisps, one of which is marked. Kill the marked wisp. When a wisp is killed, it performs a powerful explosion attack. After killing three wisps they fuse into a constellation, which should be attacked to harm the boss’ main health bar.
---Periodically, wisps will tether to a player, and the lines between the player and wisp cause damage. Wisps can also begin orbiting a player, also causing damage if touched.
---When the bar at the bottom of the screen fills, get away from the wisps: they will randomly tether one another and perform a series of explosion attacks. Resume killing the marked wisps when the pattern ends.

:d:Phase 2 Main Bosses:d:
-Flower Queen Blossom
---Blossom can be damaged normally. At the start of the fight, Blossom will put a sun or moon marker on each character and herself. She can periodically change these so pay attention.
---The goal in phase 1 is to get hit by Blossom’s attacks while her symbol matches yours, and avoid them while it doesn’t. Doing this will keep the number on your symbol low. If the number reaches 100, she begins rapidly causing explosions on top of you. Quick Rebound can buy you some extra time, but not much.
---For Phase 1, it might be easier to simply avoid all the attacks, and use Quick Rebound when your meter fills to stall till the end of the pattern.
---Eventually, she’ll knock everyone back and summon moving white circles. Say inside the circles, or you will take rapid damage. After a while of this, she’ll summon immobile yellow or purple pillars. If the pillars are yellow, the players with sun symbols should stand inside them and players with moon symbols should avoid them. If the pillars are purple, do the opposite. After this pattern, she goes groggy.

-Beast Srim
---The boss can be damaged normally, and shoots lots of projectiles. Eventually, it performs ground slams that should be Quick Rebounded out of to avoid even more projectiles. Characters should release Quick Rebound between ground slams: it doesn't last long enough for the entire pattern otherwise. Afterwords, Srim goes groggy.
---The groggy phase of this boss is a bit strange, but the basic idea is that it’s only possible to inflict 40% of the boss’ max HP during groggy, meaning that sometimes when leaving groggy the boss will appear to resurrect. Once 40% of the boss’ HP has been depleted via groggy, it will be permanently enraged and will take increased damage but also attack extremely rapidly.
---Try to inflict substantial damage prior to groggy in order to minimize risk.

-Red Leg Arketo
---Arketo will start the fight randomly in Attack or Defense defense mode.
---During Attack Phase the boss is incredibly aggressive, charging and spamming projectiles the entire time. He is extremely vulnerable to counterattack damage during this phase, but is hard to hit safely. This phase times out after a while.
---During Defense Phase, the boss spawns a shield that must be damaged until it breaks. When broken he enters a sort of 'mini-groggy' and can be bursted. At the end of this phase, the boss unleashes a massive aoe attack, then knocks everyone down and performs an instakill that must be Quick Rebound avoided.
---After clearing both phases, he goes groggy.

:d:Final Boss:d:
-Prey-Isys
---Special fight feature: everyone has a special ability to switch between a dark and light world by pressing Tab. This is vital for some gimmicks. Unless told otherwise, players 1 and 2 should stay in light, and 3 and 4 should stay in dark.
---Isys can be fought normally between gimmick phases, though his defense is very high at the beginning of the fight or if his last gimmick phase is failed. He enters a gimmick phase periodically by shouting a phrase.

-----Tornado Phase: Begins pattern by saying “My wind shall cleave the sky!”. This pattern is very different for the light and dark world teams. For the dark world team, Isys becomes a tornado that chases the characters and fires smaller, highly damaging tornadoes. At the end of the pattern, the large tornado moves to the middle of the screen and shoots shockwaves that must be jumped over. For the light world team, damaging dark puddles will spawn under the characters every few seconds. Try to keep these closely grouped (jumping over existing puddle every few seconds can stack these and make the pattern easier). Afterwards, all spawned puddles will spawn damaging dark pillars that move towards the center of the screen, and additional dark pillars will continue to spawn under the characters. Simply avoid. Finally, Isys will knock both teams down, and then use a full screen attack that must be Quick Rebound evaded. ‘Simply’ surviving succeeds the pattern

-----Rune Phase: Begins pattern by saying “My magic shall reach everywhere!”. Each of the dark and light worlds spawns a number of lettered runes. Both parties must break the letter that is common between both sets (eg dark world: ABC, light world CDE, both break C). Hitting the wrong rune causes and flash that damages all players. This must be repeated a few times to succeed the pattern, running out of time causes Isys to nuke the field. COMMUNICATE WITH YOUR PARTY.

-----Dash Phase: Begins pattern by saying “The post war world is upon us!”. Isys dashes across the screen leaving a damage field, starting at the top moving left to right, then alternating directions as he moves down the screen. He must be multihit during his dashes a sufficient amount to succeed the pattern. Only light can hit him on the left to right lines (1st/3rd dash), while dark can hit him on the right to left lines (2nd/4th dash); the players who cannot damage him can still hitstun him in order to gain more time, however. Failure to inflict enough damage before the fourth dash finishes causes Isys to nuke the field.

-----Feather Phase: Begins pattern by saying “I’ll scatter my feathers across the worlds!”. Isys shoots feathers that track the players in both worlds, who must keep moving, trying to spread them out. Isys them forcibly switches the players worlds, and starts performing instakill attacks that can only be dodged by standing in the circles of light/darkness generated by the feathers. The attack repeats several times, with each attack destroying the circles in the marked area around your character. Simply surviving succeeds the pattern.

:d:Normals:d:
[Normals allows for unlimited time and life tokens, and does not have a daily entrance limit. The reward is a few refined terranium; it's mostly made to be a practice dungeon.]
-Each day, one of the following patterns is chosen randomly:
---Zadracon -> Cumulonimbus -> Alexandra -> Srim -> Isys
---Zadracon -> Greta -> Rossol -> Srim -> Isys
---Kugai -> Omega -> Trituria -> Arketo -> Isys
---Kugai -> Cumulonimbus -> Alexandra -> Arketo -> Isys
---Eike -> Kelly -> Zodiac -> Blossom -> Isys
---Eike -> Cumulonimbus -> Trituria -> Blossom -> Isys

For a dramatically lengthier and more in-depth guide (with pictures!), check here.

fool of sound fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Oct 2, 2019

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
[Reserved for raid info when I get around to it]

Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest

Reminder that the annual exstream pvp tournament is live this saturday at 6 PM PDT at https://www.twitch.tv/dfo

AegisRick will be doing official hosting and commentary and I hate him, so I'll be live in the discord voice channel offering my own insight into the players and matches to whoever wants to join me. It's usually a pretty good time! DFO PvP is a lot of fun to watch even if you aren't a big fan of actually playing it.

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

I'll do my best to be there :toot: As burnt as I am on DFO, the PvP is always entertaining to watch.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
Hey! I haven't played this game since 90 cap. My main is an F. Launcher; I have Gracias and a random scattering of level 85 and 90 epics in most of my slots, with the only really notable one being a Wooyo's Golden Cannon. What should I should be focusing on to gear up from here?

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Start with running Assault Mode in Harlem to earn legendaries, which you can then upgrade to epics by running Dawning Crevice. You can also start doing Tayberr for more advanced epics, possibly immediately on you jumper but I'm not sure. You also want to be doing Operation Hope to get new and improved buffswaps.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
Thanks!

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Big balance patch dropped if anyone was waiting for that to jump back in.

Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest

New arena season started with the patch so at some point I need to do my arena placements.

This post is to promise I will stream them.

Maybe this weekend? I dunno. I'll ping people in discord, we'll make it a thing, we'll have a grand old time. I was thinking of doing something like making everyone guess how many placements I win, and whoever gets it (or comes closest) will get a prize. Like 50 million gold or something.

802.11weed
May 9, 2007

no
where is my fast levelling feature like the 2 new classes had, neople :mad:

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Pandemonium Meeting is fairly fun as solo content, if that's your thing. It also has pretty good gearing rewards if that's your thing. The bosses are largely self-explanatory.

Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest

Just did a big discord purge of old inactive users and the custom roles. If you got kicked by accident, my bad, the invite link on the first page still works fine and we'll get you set back up. At least one person was kicked by accident.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Battlesader Prey-Isys demo. I did this to replace the very outdated msader class demo in the op. I'd encourage people to do their own new demo videos, probably using Prey or Pandameeting.

Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest

DNF is previewing third awakening stuff for f slayers and m fighters at winter festival and help i'm already very awake please make them stop

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
They should awaken to the need for DnF 2.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

Anonymous Robot posted:

They should awaken to the need for DnF 2.

Project BBQ will happen someday, eventually I guess

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I

OneDeadman posted:

Project BBQ will happen someday, eventually I guess

I’m certainly open to a 3d interpretation but it’s hard to accept as a true sequel.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
I'll be writing up a Pandemonium War guide soon but mostly the gimmicks are pretty self explanatory and due to the only failure condition being "taking 50 minutes to clear 5 dungeons" it's mostly just a gear/pulse check. It's actually pretty cool and fun content if you have the gear to do it in a reasonable amount of time.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

shut up, cop

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Drythe posted:

shut up, cop

Just wait till I tack down a dnd post you've made and give you a lovely ava!!

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

gonna be searching for a long time then, pig!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

fool of sound posted:

Just wait till I tack down a dnd post you've made and give you a lovely ava!!

Isn't this the dnd thread??