Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
I didn't see any mention of Necromancer being a JoJo class that gets a stand, which is a drat shame :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

Has male nen improved as much as the other mfighter classes? I love it thematically, but I remember the gameplay mostly being "mash X and watch, crying a little, as your MP bottoms out instantly."

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

Did they ever fix Resonance, or is it still bugged?

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game? It sounds like gelatin mask is trying to call on a file (a sound effect? a sprite?) that either isn't there or is corrupted, which crashes the game. If reinstalling doesn't fix it, maybe one of the sound files could be the culprit.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

Considering a lot of really fun classes are considerably worse than that, I'll take it. :v: I could do with a new class that's just "good" rather than "horrendously powerful."

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

oh man, 86 in 10 days...I'm not good enough at powerleveling for that.

I assume the optimal start time is 8/26, so you start with 3 days of burning time and end with 3 days of burning time. No idea what to do in the middle with the weird costs for the levelup tickets, and the art of skipping questlines/areas in DFO is arcane. Anyone better at this stuff than me want to weigh in on how to get a demon lancer to 86 in 10 days using the event-provided materials etc?

Relevant to strategizing: leveling event, levelup support event

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

quote:

[Lv30] M. Growth Capsule 30->31
[LV45/50] M. Growth Capsule
Use at 45 to skip to Ice Wall, otherwise use at 50
[LV54] Level-Up Ticket (rusted spearheads) 54->55
By day 2, only 10 Rusted spearheads can be acquired and it takes 7 to buy a ticket.
Do NOT waste them on Growth weapon/armor.
[Lv63] M. Growth Capsule 63->64
[Lv68] M. Growth Capsule 68->69
[Lv69] Level-Up Ticket (sharp spearhead) 69->70
Only 10 sharp spearheads are aquireable by a single lancer before level 86.
[Lv78/80] M. Growth Capsule -Use at 78 to skip to Slaugh, otherwise use at 80
[Lv82] Level-Up Ticket (sharp spearhead) 82->83
[Lv83] Slote Grind with 5x Exp Potion
[Lv84] Slote Grind with 5x Exp Potion
[lv85] Level-Up Ticket (sharp spearhead) 85->86
Notes
This list is created with only 1 lancer in mind
It is unknown if the spearheads are account bound.
The Javelin Throw event gives a Level-Up ticket as a reward at 70-79m (the level range is unknown).
r/dfo user checking in on the optimal way to get to 86 in 10 days with the rewards. I wonder how much mileage that takes...

e: Checked and that solution uses 6 sharp spearheads, leaving plenty to get the other bonuses you might want like the magic stone and feat quest skip tickets.

Panic! at Nabisco fucked around with this message at 08:11 on Aug 22, 2016

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Oh my god you guys weren't kidding Ghent never ends. I suddenly got to carnival clowns out of nowhere and was like "huh this is weird but okay I've been through a shitton of places I must be close to the end".

And then I see the map for the Supply Camp and I'm spitting blood. Jesus gently caress.
It used to be worse :shepicide:

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

NachtSieger posted:

11/18/17 - a day of great tragedy
Restrain yourself (from doing mechanics, because the DT can fix it), Glam

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

Just so you don't think Oblig's vitriol about circle aoes (???) is consensus or fact, I just leveled Lightbringer to 90 and have been having a blast the whole time. It owns. Being an anime sparkle princess with obnoxious gundam wings owns. Being the only real "tank" in DFO owns. Having buffs you actually have to attack to use and an interesting resource behind them owns. Outside of Sweeping Wave, the class's AoEs are actually pretty bog standard size, at least from my experience of DFO, and while it's definitely a powerful leveling class, it doesn't strike me as comically overpowered like launch Chaos or launch Kunoichi. Sweeping wave stops one-shotting entire rooms around Time Gate, and from that point on you'll start getting a taste of the actual experience of the class. It does feel a little low-damage at endgame right now, but that should let up when second awakenings come out, since the 2wake active is Lightbringer's big damage tool.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

Revdomezehis posted:

I'm really enjoying both of the new classes, although ground pound victory gundam seems to be winning my favor, mostly due to the fact that between the class buff and the holiday buff, I've been zooming through every dungeon at warp level run speeds. But since I am liking both of them, question is, who should get the epic transfer? I have a Mysteltain I could send to the Lightbringer, or a Light Sword Masamune I could send to the Dragon Knight. Not sure which class would get a better benefit. Judging from the crit base skill, and the crit chance and damage increase, I'm assuming Masamune would be the better choice to move, but not sure how much of a buff Dragon Knights get out of better weapons being mostly fixed damage. Figured I'd check here since I'm bad at the damage math in DFO.
The epic transfer stone doesn't expire until early Feb, so hold onto it just in case you get something really really good. Yang Ull's Twig is the one you really, really want for Lightbringer; with a coming epic rework it becomes a def shred monster to up your support game.

e:

This is LIGHTBRINGER. She's the best class in the game.

When someone asked for your favorite color as a child, did you answer "sparkly"? Do you believe that smashing faces with a blunt implement and high femme are not mutually exclusive concepts? Lightbringer may be for you. The Lightbringer is a support class, often referred to as the female Nen Master equivalent for physical characters, who brings her party damage and speed buffs while running around barfing rainbows on everything and smashing things with her bludgeon. She gets a skill called Sweeping Wave early on that hits a truly egregious area and will help you sail through leveling, and builds up a resource called Seraphic Feathers that she can use to charge up skills to give herself and her party buffs.

The Lightbringer is also the closest thing DFO has to a tank! Her basic stance guards attacks in front of her, and she can protect and heal her party with fields of light. If being a wall of meat in plate armor is your jam, consider Lightbringer.

Did I mention there are rainbows? Everything you do is rainbows, and as you build up feathers you get a pair of obnoxious, Victory Gundam-esque wings of light sticking out of your back. It owns. Be the Utena you always knew you could be.

At level 50, she awakens as an Archangel. At level 75, her second awakening is the Savior.

Tl;dr play a Lightbringer if you want to support and protect your team while smashing faces and spewing rainbows everywhere.

Panic! at Nabisco fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Jan 12, 2018

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

Revdomezehis posted:

What a refreshing lack of events. I was thinking of making a new character maybe to take advantage of the free chron set, but not sure if any of the characters I want to make could use a chron set as a starting point. Was thinking of either Blood Mage or Dimension Walker if either of them can make use of the chron, if not, I'll probably just take a break from playing for a bit. (Also would want to make a summoner but I'm pretty sure their chron sets are garbage)
Literally nobody except MSader will be using a chron set at endgame, you'd be using it as a swap for your main buff for 95% of classes.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

Black Balloon posted:

I know it's gonna disappoint everyone and I'm sorry, but it was decided that an overall client/system improvement was the better thing to focus on before trying to squeeze gunbladers in as well. We're getting everything except them. For system reasons, it was pretty necessary.
It sucks in the short run, but in the long run it means we'll get a cooler event when gunbladers come out and it will be less shoved out the door because of all the other stuff the devs have to get done. :shobon: Before complaining about DFO global stuff it's worth remembering just how small their staff is.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

I'm grinding Silver Night for so long (with dailies!) that the music is burned into your skull for eternity

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

The first one gets a full epic set, the second gets a 90 epic weapon and a full quest legendary set.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

I leveled a fsader on the jump server, and the increased stats meant I didn't really have to wait around for cooldowns until Gragol, so I could just use her nice big aoes and then move on.