Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

MilitantBlackGuy posted:

pfft call me when you make a sequel to 2142 dice

People hate future settings now so I doubt it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

aw that's nice of DICE :^) to spend an hour talking about the dead game they didn't even develop for an hour instead of anything about Vietnam and/or 2142.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

ethanol posted:

hahhahhahahhaha

I hope this causes Xbox thread posters to go fully prodromal and start killing.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

BigglesSWE posted:

Holy gently caress would that be awesome, and sad at the same time, since 98% of the players would cry about "drat moslems invade our games naow"

Lumpy the Cook fucked around with this message at 17:51 on May 6, 2016

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

RaySmuckles posted:

i'm glad the cover features a black man.

the covers (and majority of classes) have been cringeworthy in their exaltation of white men

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

This game's gonna suck rear end until well after it's handed over to DICE LA a couple of years from now.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Black Baby Goku posted:

I've been calling this game Retard 1

Retard 4+1

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

I've yet to be convinced that the vocal Bad Company 2 fandom isn't some kind of long-running meme.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

Hardline and Battlefront were both duds to be fair. I don't think DICE will make three bad games in a row anyway. They will put in a shitload of effort and their best guys on the job for BF1.

Visceral developed Hardline, not DICE.

I enjoyed some of my time with it, but it's easy to see why it died so fast- it's an especially uninspired game. Bloated, too- There's tons of DLC that literally no one has or plays. I kind of feel as if they should have made it way smaller in scope- maybe dropped the Battlefield stuff, made it Robbery mode multiplayer only and sold it at $20, since that's the only part of the game remotely worth caring about.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

It probably means the campaign missions are going to be pretty open like in the first Bad Company instead of a bunch of hallways.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Cubey posted:

It's the best Battlefield game by a whole bunch and the best FPS since Duke Nukem 3D, so

:yikes:

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

a kitten posted:

Battlefield 1942 remains the only multiplayer fps i've ever actively, actually loved. Somehow bring that back

Lol

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

The first Bad Company was a bit better than the second I think. The hastily revamped conquest maps they added because of fan demand were more like Battlefield than anything in BC2's conquest. Regardless, it can't be denied that 2142 dumbed down squad roles and the BC games dumbed down everything else, and DICE will never recover. The last DICE game with any innovation behind it was Mirror's Edge.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

It would be good if DICE Stockholm got closed and DICE LA got the Battlefield property because, if BF4 is any indication, they know how to handle the series a lot better.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

ShineDog posted:

I'm OK with it in principle, I'm just really surprised it doesn't have more restrictions on combat occurring near where it's happening.

You can't spawn on a squadmate who's in combat in BF4 anymore.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

In BF2 you could only spawn on the squad leader.

I'm pretty sure that's how they door in some BF4 modes now

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Mordja posted:

Welp, looks like you're gonna have to pay extra if you want to play as the French. Guessing Russia will be the same down the line.

Lmfao

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Why do Swedish people suck rear end so much.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

So let me get this straight
-France and Russia are DLC and America is one of the main base factions
-tanks act exactly like APCs in BF4
-Recon is the only class that has bolt action rifles and every other class has automatic weapons that were either failed prototypes or nonexistent
-every gun still has a jillion ugly useless attachments
-these 'ultra vehicles' or whatever that are just stationary turrets like the ATATs in the new Battlefront
-biplanes have high power anti-infantry/tank weapons
-gas and artillery is just a minor gameplay aspect
-no Commander
-they're going to do that loving 'just a handful of different maps chopped up into segments for different modes' thing from Battlefront
-dying and respawning doesn't affect tickets
-everyone has walkie talkies
I wasn't expecting a DICE take on Verdun, or even much realism at all, but it looks to me like the WWI setting everyone is hyped up for is actually just useless window dressing that doesn't affect the gameplay at all, and the game is just shaping up to be BF4 with even less maps and features. Really good poo poo 👏👏👏

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d61zvfK72po

How many blood clots do you need in your brain to consider this fun. Good lord. I would sincerely rather play No Man's Sky than this.

I hope they announce the release date for M&B Bannerlord soon so we can get actual GOOD horse combat.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

It's entirely likely that Battlefield 4 will end up being the best game developed by DICE this decade and the thought of that makes me mother loving sick. How on earth did they lose their talent?

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

I think DICE collectively forgot what tactics are around the time they developed Frostbite.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Plan Z posted:

Yeah I remember all of the noobs tactically driving the battleships and aircraft carriers onto the beaches of maps to tactically go to the tanks on shore in 42.

afkmacro posted:

I remember when battlefield was about spamming grenades up the other guy's butthole till they ran out of tickets. Kids these days have no idea.

I never really 'get' responses like this. Like yeah the mechanics of older BF games meant there were a handful of matches that went really really poorly. I guess the only real solution DICE had was to dumb down every single aspect so thoroughly that every single match is the most completely homogenous, forgettable experience possible. Who can blame them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

You think Hardline is boring? Hell, you should have seen this one set of matches I played in Vietnam back in '04... I'm telling you man, worst prom night ever.

• Locked thread