Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Supposedly. I'll believe it when it happens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

the wbc knows who the real mexican is in all of this. it's khan ggg

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Sharzak posted:

Did I hear that right? They'll strip Canelo of his belt if he doesn't fight GGG?

I mean that is kind of what "mandatory" is supposed to mean

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

Sharzak posted:

Did I hear that right? They'll strip Canelo of his belt if he doesn't fight GGG?

They should

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
God I love that loving pro wrestling call out at the end of the fight. That was some actually good promotion for boxing.

fatherdog posted:

Yeah, Khan is an arrogant dickhead a lot of the time but you absolutely cannot fault his willingness to fight tough opponents

This. I don't like him, especially after the first fight I saw he got a huge hometown hand against Diaz but he was willing to fight anyone and I respect that.

Slaine
Feb 26, 2001
Yeah, would be nice to see boxing move away from MayPac type of bullshit. I do credit Khan for taking a real challenge, and it's nice to see that people are taking that away from this fight, lookin at comments.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I'm glad that Virgil Hunter put a punctuation mark on calling out Canelo. Basically said look at this guy Amir Khan who stepped up and fought the best, if you don't do it you're a little bitch. That's some realtalk, and it says a lot coming from Hunter who also trains Andre Ward, a boxer that a lot of people feel GGG is ducking. Canelo-Golovkin is the fight that everyone wants to see, it's not going to do Mayweather-Pacquiao numbers but I think it's the kind of match that could break 2 million buys if promoted right.

As for Khan I think he accomplished his mission of introducing himself to the public at large. It was a great performance even in a loss. There are big fights waiting for him at welterweight, and I think there are matches which could be promoted as PPV events (Khan vs Bradley, Khan vs Brook).

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

That was a murderous punch.

It's probably time for Khan to get that Kell Brook fight on while it still has luster.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

fatherdog posted:

Yeah, Khan is an arrogant dickhead a lot of the time but you absolutely cannot fault his willingness to fight tough opponents

How has he been arrogant so publicly, I don't like him from how he treats people on a night out in town. Apparently he has grown out of it now but he used to be a right dick head.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

The Ninth Layer posted:

As for Khan I think he accomplished his mission of introducing himself to the public at large. It was a great performance even in a loss. There are big fights waiting for him at welterweight, and I think there are matches which could be promoted as PPV events (Khan vs Bradley, Khan vs Brook).

I would still love to see Khan/Bradley if they could put it together.

• Locked thread