Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

the very tops of the various peaks of racist wall mountain (broadcast live) will be collectable and serve as a green card or a visa or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rasta_Al
Jul 14, 2001

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
Fun Shoe
Any who fail are forever immortalized in the Halls of the Schlonged.

Vaginal Vagrant
Jan 12, 2007

by R. Guyovich
IMO the wall is a good idea, Trump (pbuh) just has the wrong border.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

rock rock posted:

IMO the wall is a good idea, Trump (pbuh) just has the wrong border.

you know, i think that an expensive forever war against our shifty northern neighbor would be a positive event for everyone involved

Split Pea Superman
Dec 16, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Serious Frolicking posted:

you know, i think that an expensive forever war against our shifty northern neighbor would be a positive event for everyone involved

History has generally proven it's a bad idea to march an army into lovely frozen hell-holes.

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.
For years I believed that the only walls I needed to keep out brown people are the ones holding up my roof.

Then I noticed the doors.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
the wall is the coward's way out

a real president would roll into Mexico at the head of a tank column and annex it, then commandeer THEIR southern border which is much smaller and easier to manage

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
I don't want a wall, I want a dome.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
Maybe a sphere. That way they cant get in from below.

fish and chips and dip
Feb 17, 2010
Build a wall on the FYAD GBS border.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Farmland Park posted:

Build a wall on the FYAD GBS border.

with shoot to kill orders.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
wanna see skylar shot dead as he tries to cross the GBS FYAD border.

No Mans Land 2
May 2, 2016

by Shine
Legalizing heroin seems like a bad idea imo. Oxycodone is legal but you need a prescription because it has legitimate medical use. Heroin does not and there is no reason to give prescriptions for it. So what force then controls its distribution to people who want it? It wont be supply if it is legal. All this only works in portugal because they still police the gently caress out of drug traffickers. Basically youre all pussies who arent willing to do what needs to be done. Legalization wont solve the problem. Build the wall. Then and only then seek treatment instead of jail time for users.

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
I think it's pretty cool the way the wall would cost a lot of money and do nothing to curtail illegal immigration from people who want to flee their lovely country to come work for pennies on the dollar here because it's still way fuckin better.

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
build a wall around Congress :smug:

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
If it was good enough for East Berlin and the Gaza Strip it's good enough for America.

Zombiepop
Mar 30, 2010
I think the tire ditch(wall) idea some senator dude proposed was kinda cool.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

EugeneJ posted:

Just make a society like Aeon Flux and have guns stationed on the border that auto-kill anything that tries to pass

So I can get shot in the back and have some bony guy show up and fingerblast my spine-hole? No thanks Trump.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Trumps campaign is like some lovely version of the movie Machete. I'm calling blatant ripoff. Deniro irl for pres.

No Mans Land 2
May 2, 2016

by Shine

ScrubLeague posted:

I think it's pretty cool the way the wall would cost a lot of money and do nothing to curtail illegal immigration from people who want to flee their lovely country to come work for pennies on the dollar here because it's still way fuckin better.

If they stayed and worked in their own country their country could become better

1000 Sweaty Rikers
Oct 13, 2005

I assume the wall will be as strong as the one that kept out the Kaiju from the 'Pacific Rim' movie

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
Why don't we just ask everybody in Mexico to wear those ankle bracelets like when you're under house arrest? It seems like the cheapest way to trick ourselves into thinking we've fixed this total non-problem.

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
I think Trump should legalize it and blaze up and watch The Wall I really think this could lead to world peace guys

VR Native American
May 1, 2009
Gun Saliva
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ckvDo2JHB7o

President is now addressed as The Duke.

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
what kinda idiot thinks you can build a literal wall across a 2000 mile border what amaroon what a joke come on come on come on

1000 Sweaty Rikers
Oct 13, 2005

is there even enough steel and concrete in America to build this wall?

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Smash it Smash hit posted:

what kinda idiot thinks you can build a literal wall across a 2000 mile border what amaroon what a joke come on come on come on

U.S. Customs and Border Protection reported that it had more than 640 miles of fence in place by the second week of January, 2010.[5] Work is still under way on fence segments in Texas and on the Border Infrastructure System in California.

The border fence is not one continuous structure and is actually a grouping of short physical walls that stop and start, secured in between with "virtual fence" which includes a system of sensors and cameras monitored by Border Patrol Agents.[6]

As a result of the effect of the barrier, there has been a marked increase in the number of people trying to illegally cross the Sonoran Desert and crossing over the Baboquivari Mountain in Arizona.[7] Such illegal immigrants must cross 50 miles (80 km) of inhospitable terrain to reach the first road, which is located in the Tohono O'odham Indian Reservation

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Tace Vim posted:

is there even enough steel and concrete in America to build this wall?

The wall was already almost half finished 5 years ago so it's absolutely a possible thing

It's also worked

As of March 2010, the Department of Homeland Security had spent $3.4 billion on border fences and had built 640 miles (1,030 km) of fences and barriers as part of the Secure Border Initiative.[28]

So let's estimwre maybe another 7-8 billion to finish up. Totally doable.

OXBALLS DOT COM fucked around with this message at 13:43 on May 9, 2016

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

Mange Mite posted:

U.S. Customs and Border Protection reported that it had more than 640 miles of fence in place by the second week of January, 2010.[5] Work is still under way on fence segments in Texas and on the Border Infrastructure System in California.

The border fence is not one continuous structure and is actually a grouping of short physical walls that stop and start, secured in between with "virtual fence" which includes a system of sensors and cameras monitored by Border Patrol Agents.[6]

As a result of the effect of the barrier, there has been a marked increase in the number of people trying to illegally cross the Sonoran Desert and crossing over the Baboquivari Mountain in Arizona.[7] Such illegal immigrants must cross 50 miles (80 km) of inhospitable terrain to reach the first road, which is located in the Tohono O'odham Indian Reservation

sounds like you need more border agents not more wall IMHO

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
It might not be a bad idea to actually leave a little strip of desert clear, but fill it full of traps and obstacles so only the fittest and smartest can survive to enter the us

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

Mange Mite posted:

It might not be a bad idea to actually leave a little strip of desert clear, but fill it full of traps and obstacles so only the fittest and smartest can survive to enter the us

QUICK SAND

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
Like that movie the maze runner

(Nb: i have not actually seen this movie but i saw the trailer for it)

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
won't somebody PLEASE think of the plight of migratory desert creatures who could be devastated by the construction of the wall?? what if terrifying spiders and poo poo go extinct?

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,

Smash it Smash hit posted:

Oh it can be done. The big question is what kinda of idiot thinks that doing it will actually fix any of the weird irrational fears they snuggle up with at night.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Frankenstyle posted:

Oh it can be done. The big question is what kinda of idiot thinks that doing it will actually fix any of the weird irrational fears they snuggle up with at night.

Illegal immigration depressing working-class wages by oversupplying the labor market? Seems like a pretty rational concern

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,

Mange Mite posted:

As a result of the effect of the barrier, there has been a marked increase in the number of people trying to illegally cross the Sonoran Desert and crossing over the Baboquivari Mountain in Arizona.

That's an awkward way of saying that the current systems works pretty well, and now they're stopping more people from crossing than they used to be able to before the increase in manpower and surveillance over the last decade.

Mange Mite posted:

Illegal immigration depressing working-class wages by oversupplying the labor market? Seems like a pretty rational concern

That's true. It's really put the kibosh on my dreams of becoming a migrant orange picker.

Quick...now pretend that they can get food stamps and welfare without proof of citizenship. I'll never see that argument coming!

Lord Frankenstyle fucked around with this message at 13:58 on May 9, 2016

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

solaranus posted:

History has generally proven it's a bad idea to march an army into lovely frozen hell-holes.

uh, why would we send in an army? nowadays we mostly just bomb the poo poo out of civilian populations and call it victory. keep it up for a few decades and we would get violent reactionary canadians whose existence would retroactively justify the bombing.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Frankenstyle posted:

That's an awkward way of saying that the current systems works pretty well, and now they're stopping more people from crossing than they used to be able to before the increase in manpower and surveillance over the last decade.

The current system of building a giant 640 mile long wall covered with sensors and cameras you mean? Yes and if rhey expanded the wall it would probably work even better

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
We need a maze, with shifting walls and carefully timed flamethrowers and a riddle sphinx that guards a bridge

Any Mexican who can solve three riddles and/or find a way to trick the sphinx gets automatic citizenship and a white wife gratis

if she's a woman she still gets a white wife

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Zorodius posted:

We need a maze, with shifting walls and carefully timed flamethrowers and a riddle sphinx that guards a bridge

Any Mexican who can solve three riddles and/or find a way to trick the sphinx gets automatic citizenship and a white wife gratis

if she's a woman she still gets a white wife

Hm no just draft them into the military after that. Service guarantees citizenship

• Locked thread